Drinking Through a Straw

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
tedro wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
I thought this thread would be about if T-Men drink through straws.

Everybody already knows they do, no need to ask.

Only the spirally changing color ones[/quote]

I drink everything out of two of the little stir-straws.

Does that mean I’m not a T-man?

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
I thought this thread would be about if T-Men drink through straws.[/quote]

Would a T-man even post on a thread about drinking through straws?

Would a T-man drink tea from a sippy cup?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
NateOrade wrote:

Would a T-man drink tea from a sippy cup?[/quote]

Oh, also if you use a straw, you get to rip off half of the paper cover and then shoot the remaining half at someone as a missle.

try hitting her

BruceLeeFan, who is that in your avatar?

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
thosebananas wrote:

what are all those measurements in mls?

Nich wrote:

a pint is like 16 oz

1 US pint = 473.176473 milliliters.

On the actual subject, I have no idea.
[/quote]

british pint = 568 mls

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
NateOrade wrote:

Would a T-man drink tea from a sippy cup?

Oh, also if you use a straw, you get to rip off half of the paper cover and then shoot the remaining half at someone as a missle.[/quote]

Real T-man use straws. Their biceps size doesn’t allow them to drink without them.

if you drink through a straw you wouldnt swoosh it in your mouth hence faster absorption to the stomach maybe? who knows. but yes case race is fun but we use 30 racks instead of regular cases. Do none of you play beer league softball??!! easily down a couple cases in a day.

wine enema gets you drunk too. T-Man behavior? I think not

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
My take on it is this:

As you suck through the straw, you create negative pressure inside the oral cavity. This draws blood to the suface of the oral mucosa. Many drugs can be absorbed sublingually and this includes alcohol.

The sub mucosa is thin, vascular and easily permeated and as a bonus, drugs entering the blood stream this way, bypass the liver, meaning that more of the drug is available since it is not metabolised by the liver.

You are making the absobtion efficiency of the oral cavity that much greater by using a straw.

EDIT: The wine enema works the same way but in the other end.[/quote]

AS, your posts are the reason I read this website. Awesome.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
AlteredState wrote:
My take on it is this:

As you suck through the straw, you create negative pressure inside the oral cavity. This draws blood to the suface of the oral mucosa. Many drugs can be absorbed sublingually and this includes alcohol.

The sub mucosa is thin, vascular and easily permeated and as a bonus, drugs entering the blood stream this way, bypass the liver, meaning that more of the drug is available since it is not metabolised by the liver.

You are making the absobtion efficiency of the oral cavity that much greater by using a straw.

EDIT: The wine enema works the same way but in the other end.

AS, your posts are the reason I read this website. Awesome.[/quote]

Each sip of a drink lasts - what? - a second or so? Wouldn’t it make sense that in order for sublingual absorption to not only take place, but have a noticeable effect on the individual (above and beyond just drinking the alcohol), that it would have to be held there for a greater duration?

I, personally, consider this to be a myth. The only truth in it would be in the individual, and whether or not he/she happens to drink faster when using a straw (I know I do).

[quote]dk44 wrote:
BruceLeeFan, who is that in your avatar?[/quote]

That would be Bruce Lee.
Look him up :slight_smile:

you drink more through a straw.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Would a T-man drink tea from a sippy cup?[/quote]

Only in big gulps.

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
My take on it is this:

EDIT: The wine enema works the same way but in the other end.[/quote]

lol.

It doesn’t make a bit of difference if you drink with a straw or not.

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
dk44 wrote:
BruceLeeFan, who is that in your avatar?

That would be Bruce Lee.
Look him up :)[/quote]

I’m sure he was joking.