Drinking Through a Straw

Ever heard someone say drink alcohol through a straw, it gets you pissed quicker?
I have and I’ve asked the people that say it why - they usually come up with something about it getting into the blood stream faster.
Is this a myth or a fact?
If it’s fact what would the effect of drinking a protein shake through a straw do if anything?

i’m pretty sure drinking through a straw just makes you drink faster. thus if its an alcoholic beverage you get drunk faster because you are drinking it quickly, not because it gets into the blood stream any faster.

i could be wrong but thats my take on it

i hear its something to do with the fact ur takeing in no air with the swallowing…

the idea is to not breath through ur nose and just suck till u cant anymore.

i dont know if it works or not.

also in the same vain, how does a “power hour” of beer get ppl so drunk. it basically is takeing a shot of beer every minute.
so 40ml x 60 = 2400ml. about 4pints.

ive seen ppl do this and literally end up on the floor. tried it myself with whiskey. got to 35 mins then exploded with puke.

[quote]BlueJ wrote:
i’m pretty sure drinking through a straw just makes you drink faster. thus if its an alcoholic beverage you get drunk faster because you are drinking it quickly, not because it gets into the blood stream any faster.

i could be wrong but thats my take on it[/quote]

I get drunk faster drinking from a straw.

with me anyways its because usually I can take down more through a staw because I am taking in less air.

whenever i am slamming beer thats what gets me its not the amount of beer its the air that gets me to the point of yacking that is the killer

edit:
the power hour thing is basicly the absorbtion rate.

if you take little shots over and over then you still absorb the same amount of alcohol but its eaiser on the stomach

of so I think

I’ve never tried the power hour but I have tried drinking my way through 20 beers in an hour… Dumb days they was but hey I did it.

20 pints in one hour? i dont beleive u

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
20 pints in one hour? i dont beleive u[/quote]

lol here in the states we dont drink pints

a pint is like 16 oz
normal beer size is 12oz in cans or bottles

in the bar I go to when we order a pitcher it comes with 10oz glasses but a small pitcher is a quart which is 2 pints

its a bit different here
also the largest pints I have ever seen was when i took a trip to holland and got a beer in england.
they were 20oz or something

I have gone through an 18 pack of 12oz beers before
me my cousin would get 2 18 packs and see who can finish the fastest and go get more.

20 cans of PBR in an hour would be doable but 20 of real bear would be a pukeathon.

[quote]etaco wrote:
20 cans of PBR in an hour would be doable but 20 of real bear would be a pukeathon. [/quote]

lol pabst,thats stuffs ummm ya

PBR??

what are all those measurements in mls?

the most i think ive done is 24 330mls bottle of miller in one hour.

and ive done 21 330ml bottles of corona in one hour. dont know which has more alcohol thou… lol.

both ended in me sleeping for a good 10 hours and haveing a nice sore head the next day.

I thought this thread would be about if T-Men drink through straws.

Do most people usually take in enough air with their sipping to warrant drinking from a straw for greater efficiency?

This is news to me, and I’m in college.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
I thought this thread would be about if T-Men drink through straws.[/quote]

Everybody already knows they do, no need to ask.

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
Ever heard someone say drink alcohol through a straw, it gets you pissed quicker?
I have and I’ve asked the people that say it why - they usually come up with something about it getting into the blood stream faster.
Is this a myth or a fact?
If it’s fact what would the effect of drinking a protein shake through a straw do if anything?

[/quote]

These are the kind of questions on here that make me insanely, giddily, retarded-grinning happy. :smiley:

[quote]tedro wrote:
NateOrade wrote:

[/quote]

Only the spirally changing color ones

I am drinking my oolong through a straw that’s shaped like a flip-flop sandal right now. I’m an ECGC-optimizing superstar!

20 pints in one hour? i dont beleive u[/quote]

Na not pints…

PBR??

the most i think ive done is 24 330mls bottle of miller in one hour.

and ive done 21 330ml bottles of corona in one hour. dont know which has more alcohol thou… lol.

both ended in me sleeping for a good 10 hours and haveing a nice sore head the next day.[/quote]

Lol yeah man I had little bottles that was like half the size of the normal bottles no idea of the measurements.
I had my first ever hangover from that though I don’t usually get them.

[/quote]

[quote]Nich wrote:

a pint is like 16 oz

[/quote]

1 US pint = 473.176473 milliliters.

On the actual subject, I have no idea.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
tedro wrote:
NateOrade wrote:

Only the spirally changing color ones[/quote]

I use a straw because when I drink from a cup normally I always spill a bunch on my shirt.

I put too much enthusiasm into drinking.