Drinking Surge During Workout?

It says here:
GH is not secreted when insulin is high
www.rippednaturally.com/bodyb...h_hormone.html

So…growth hormone isn’t secreted when we take Surge during our workout…Should I still be sipping on 1/3 of it during my workout then and consume all of it PWO?

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
It says here:
GH is not secreted when insulin is high
www.rippednaturally.com/bodyb...h_hormone.html

So…growth hormone isn’t secreted when we take Surge during our workout…Should I still be sipping on 1/3 of it during my workout then and consume all of it PWO?[/quote]

Dont worry about it, just drink the shit.

if you are going for max muscle gain, are a long distance athlete, lean, or handle carbs very well, then taking Surge during the workout has benefits that are hard to match.

the GH release thing is bullshit. not that it doesn’t happen, rather that the effects like you stated are usually transient and occur when the person has made a change, either diet, supplement, exercise, recovery-wise, or any or all of the above.

this measurable change will diminish as other factors are more important for controlling GH releases.

one of the easiest things to show (scientifically) is that there is a measurable increase or decrease in GH when a change in the aforementioned parameters occurs. however, though the results may be statistically significant and reproducible, they are usually not a large enough deviation to have any significant influence versus baseline levels.

it is the same reason GH releasing supps are BS, just in the opposite direction - release vs. suppression.

i would worry more about proper nutrition and rest/recovery to optimize long term GH levels and ignore short term measurement deviations.

for now, whether or not Surge is used during a workout should depend on the intensity and goals, not an irrelevant study that is tantamount to accounting fraud.

Personaly, i wouldnt worry about it at all but if it is a concern take about 30g of aminos throughout your workout instead then when you finish take your Surge add an extra 20g of whey and about 5-10g of creatine and your good to go!

Alright thanks guys because sometimes I don’t know how I would be able to do my lower body days WITHOUT the Surge haha.

I just sip on that Surge feeling much better after my RDL’s, Squats and Military Presses, so thanks for putting my worry to rest :smiley:

Transient hormonal manipulation is useless compared to manipulating our biochemistry. Insulin is the obvious exception here, but only because it works with our nutritional optimization of our biochem.

I’m glad to see that others have beat me to that point!

My results are better when using Surge, that’s all I need to know.