T Nation

Drinking Surge 1 Hour After Mixing?

I have recently ordered a few tubs of Surge and Metabolic Drive Complete (my first order from this site!). My question is, is it ok if I mix my Surge drink before heading to the gym then drink it about an hour and a half later when I finish my workout? Or do some of the ingredients begin to break down if kept for too long in water? And no, the drink will not be refrigerated during this time.

Surge is meant to be taken immediately PWO and alone.

the Metabolic Drive will slow the digestion of Surge, which is supposed to be fast absorbing

In my situation I have to haul ass from the gym to make it home within that 45 min window that Surge is best used in.

This may sound a bit excessive but, I take one of those soft-mini coolers that cost like 3 bucks in Walgreens and fill it up with ice. I stick some water in my shaker and Surge in a Zip-loc bag. When I am done with my workout I mix it right there and chug. Sometimes I may start drinking it while I am working out towards the end of my session.

[quote]gutshot wrote:
I have recently ordered a few tubs of Surge and Metabolic Drive Complete (my first order from this site!). My question is, is it ok if I mix my Surge drink before heading to the gym then drink it about an hour and a half later when I finish my workout? Or do some of the ingredients begin to break down if kept for too long in water? And no, the drink will not be refrigerated during this time.

[/quote]

Mixing Surge Recovery an hour before using it is fine.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
gutshot wrote:
I have recently ordered a few tubs of Surge and Metabolic Drive Complete (my first order from this site!). My question is, is it ok if I mix my Surge drink before heading to the gym then drink it about an hour and a half later when I finish my workout? Or do some of the ingredients begin to break down if kept for too long in water? And no, the drink will not be refrigerated during this time.

Mixing Surge Recovery an hour before using it is fine.[/quote]

Thanks, just what I wanted to hear.

Check the site for various Surge protocols. I follow the “drink half halfway through the workout” and it works well for me.

Do your gyms not have water fountains? What the hell? 1. Place Surge in 1 liter water bottle. 2.Fill bottle with water after workout. 3. Shake the shit out of it. 4. Pound. It’s very simple.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Do your gyms not have water fountains? What the hell? 1. Place Surge in 1 liter water bottle. 2.Fill bottle with water after workout. 3. Shake the shit out of it. 4. Pound. It’s very simple.[/quote]

doubt this is the reason, but some people may not want to use water fountain water

I keep a funnel in my Surge tub and keep one in the car. I fill up my water bottle before i walk out of the gym and add the Surge for the drive home. Granted i live in CO so the car stays cool.

I left one in the car once while I was at lake powell for a week and it was 110 outside. It completely melted and formed a smelly ball of Surge. What a waste…

I like my water to be very cold when I drink Surge. If not I can’t take it down. It’s weird this come from a guy that drink Starbucks Expresso without sugar.