T Nation

Drink Water to Cut Bodyfat?

ive heard this rumor that drinking tons of water can clean out your system and cut some body fat. i may sound stupid but is this true

If you drink enough water, you may drown yourself. Once dead, you will start loosing fat�?� so it is true!

Mostly what I have heard is that you need to drink plenty of water as you lose body fat, to help flush the toxins that were stored in that fat.

ex Berardi get shredded diet:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1150209

1. Bodyfat removal and detoxification

For those of you that don’t know, adipose tissue is a major storage depot for various toxins. Studies have shown that when some individuals go on a fat loss program, there is an acute release of toxins into the bloodstream.

In fact, one study from the 90s showed that a group of middle-aged individuals losing large amounts of body fat had high blood levels of certain pesticides that hadn’t been used in commercial farming since the 70s! Crazy!

So, what if we were to rapidly increase our rate of fat turnover and drop a good amount of body fat every two years? Wouldn’t that GET RID of the toxins? And wouldn’t that be healthy to get rid of all those toxins every so often?

Now, sure, rapid fat loss CAN lead to a large, unhealthy increase in blood levels of toxins. But, in conjunction with a solid exercise program, an appropriate intake of dietary antioxidants, supplemental vitamin and mineral co-factors, a sufficient amount of protein and amino acids to assist detoxification systems, a large water intake for toxin dilution, and a natural detoxifying blend like Greens+ Daily Detox �?? wouldn’t the Get Shredded Diet be, like, the ultimate detoxification plan?

[quote]akwrestler wrote:
ive heard this rumor that drinking tons of water can clean out your system and cut some body fat. i may sound stupid but is this true[/quote]

True.

It can definitely help.

I believe that increasing water intake improves fat loss. I personally found great improvement by adding 2-3 8oz glasses of water before bed to what I was already drinking: also acts as a natural alarm clock of sorts.

[quote]akwrestler wrote:
ive heard this rumor that drinking tons of water can clean out your system and cut some body fat. i may sound stupid but is this true[/quote]

Water is one of the most important nutrients in the body. If you are dehydrated, even slightly, than all body functions (including fat burning) could be diminished. Water can also help to ward off hunger. For one it does put some volume on the stomach, although that effect is probably minimal. When dehydrated one can be in a state of craving and that can be misinterpreted as hunger.

While avoiding dehydration and flushing out toxins released by the burning of fat tissue is good, there is such a thing as too much water. When I first read about waters benefits to the body (and actually gave a shit) I started drinking an obscene amount of water.

I think more than a gallon but I was using a different type of bottle. Now maybe for a big person that would be okay but for somebody who’s pretty skinny like me it sucked ass. I slowly started to feel shittier and then one day I just stayed in bed throwing up with a ridiculous fever and head throbbing migraine. And no it wasn’t the flu or anything.

Drink enough so your urine is clear.

It is only true if you drink super cold water. Your body has to expend calories to warm the water up before it can be processed correctly.

[quote]rbpowerhouse wrote:
I believe that increasing water intake improves fat loss. I personally found great improvement by adding 2-3 8oz glasses of water before bed to what I was already drinking: also acts as a natural alarm clock of sorts.

[/quote]

Yea I use the same alarm only using the snooze button too much can be messy

[quote]Skrussian wrote:

I just stayed in bed throwing up with a ridiculous fever and head throbbing migraine. And no it wasn’t the flu or anything. [/quote]

Dude avoid Magneto’s machine

[quote]inthego wrote:
Skrussian wrote:

I just stayed in bed throwing up with a ridiculous fever and head throbbing migraine. And no it wasn’t the flu or anything.

Dude avoid Magneto’s machine [/quote]

Senator Kelly…Poor bastard squeezed through some jail bars and then ended up pissing himself onto the floor of the X-Laboratory