Drink Surge While You Lift or After?

I think Berardi recommends sipping on Surge while you work out. If I’m wrong, I apologize. I’ve read so much different literature that at times it starts to run together.

Do you sip your Surge while you workout, or do you drink after you have completed your lifting? Is there any discernable benefit to one approach versus the other?

after i finish all lifting

otherwise i feel like throwing up when drinking it between high intensity sets, or at the least it doesn’t want to go down my throat

I am doing both during and after. It seems to be helping recovery.

I do my own mixture that’s similar to Surge. I take the equivalent of a half a serving during lifting and a whole serving right after.

I think it depends on goals as well as meal timing.

I eat a large meal about 1.5 hrs prior to lifting, and my lifting only takes 30-35 mins, so it’s pretty pointless to drink it during my workout.

I drink gatorade with BCAA and Glutamine during and Surge afterwards.

[quote]Varanid wrote:
I drink gatorade with BCAA and Glutamine during and Surge afterwards.[/quote]

If you’re going to take this approach, which is valid, make sure that it’s 1/2 strength Gatorade (mixed with equal parts water).

[quote]Affliction wrote:
Varanid wrote:
I drink gatorade with BCAA and Glutamine during and Surge afterwards.

If you’re going to take this approach, which is valid, make sure that it’s 1/2 strength Gatorade (mixed with equal parts water).[/quote]

x2–

This has a double benefit of making sure that i drink at least a litre of water while i train (I use powdered Gatorade from costco) diluted gatorade and a bcaa powder before/during — Surge After…

If my meal timing that day is off and I want to add protein, i will add a scoop of Isopure mango or Designer Whey Natural and drink half before i leave for the gym (20 min to settle) then add water to dilute again for during …

What’s the word on that 2:1:1 Recovery drink from ON? Anyone try that? Is that similar to Surge?

My goal is to pack on muscle and lose fat. I’m trying to lose fat without losing any muscle in the process. It’s not a radical approach I’m taking, but I’m keeping my protein intake high and cutting out as many sweets as I can and training really hard.