Drills for Rack Position for Clean

Hey CT. I recall when synergy came to colorado you had him perform some olympic lift variations. I remember you saying that all he needed was a few bouts of mobility/stretching work to be able to rack a clean well. Would you be able to elaborate on what you had him do for mobility/stretching to be able to achieve a comfortable position?

When I have the weight racked on my shoulders my elbows are pushed to the inside of my wrists, yet my wrists and elbow joints feel discomfort after too many tries.

Thanks CT

[quote]Joeyc123 wrote:
Hey CT. I recall when synergy came to colorado you had him perform some olympic lift variations. I remember you saying that all he needed was a few bouts of mobility/stretching work to be able to rack a clean well. Would you be able to elaborate on what you had him do for mobility/stretching to be able to achieve a comfortable position?

When I have the weight racked on my shoulders my elbows are pushed to the inside of my wrists, yet my wrists and elbow joints feel discomfort after too many tries.

Thanks CT[/quote]

A clean position isn’t comfortable until you’ve doen al ot of clean or front squats. I was talking more about the mobility drills to get his to atually able to take a clean position. I`ll try to take some pics of the mobility drills I use myself to improve the clean position.

that would be awesome. I front squat regularly and the pain only begins to set in as the weigths get heavier, to near around my max. Same with power cleans, it seems like as the weight gets heavier I get worse and worse at catching it. By the way, this pain isnt so bad that I need to stop the workout, its a very slight “pinching” feeling deep in my elbow and someties my wrist.

Thanks again, itd be cool to see what you do.