Dress Color: Black/Blue or White/Gold

I see white and gold. How in the hell is anyone seeing blue and black? I can MAYBE see the white as a blue hue but, where the hell could there be any black???

Blue and gold, you all lose.

This is breaking the internet today.

Does anyone really see anything other than blue and black?

I’m colorblind but no matter what I can only see it in black and blue. My girlfriend says it switches back and forth if she stares at it.

What??

Some people see this dress as blue and black?? WTF??

tweet

It’s blue and gold, and pancakes are superior to waffles in ever way, except the syrup traps.

If people are really seeing white and gold and it’s not some big joke, then it is caused by the eye and not the brain.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
It’s blue and gold, and pancakes are superior to waffles in ever way, except the syrup traps. [/quote]

What!? That’s like saying knives are better than guns, except for the firing bullets part.

[quote]mbdix wrote:
If people are really seeing white and gold and it’s not some big joke, then it is caused by the eye and not the brain.[/quote]

Nah, it’s something to do with the poor lighting in the picture and the brain can’t really figure out what it’s seeing. There’s a write up about it somewhere.

It’s blue and gold, and pancakes are superior to waffles in ever way, except the syrup traps. [/quote]

I want to believe you at first, but then you say something that is no where near truth afterwards. Both are awesome and both are best with peanut butter and syrup.

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:

What!? That’s like saying knives are better than guns, except for the firing bullets part.[/quote]

I’m also partially color blind, and the freak out over this shirt is my life, every day.

Second, yes, pancakes are the master-race breakfast carb, destroying any toast and narrowly beating out waffles who’s syrup cups are really a thing of beautify, but like fake tits or prude chicks, just for show…

White and gold.

Second, yes, pancakes are the master-race breakfast carb, destroying any toast and narrowly beating out waffles who’s syrup cups are really a thing of beautify, but like fake tits or prude chicks, just for show… [/quote]

100% this.

What!? That’s like saying knives are better than guns, except for the firing bullets part.[/quote]

I’m also partially color blind, and the freak out over this shirt is my life, every day.

Second, yes, pancakes are the master-race breakfast carb, destroying any toast and narrowly beating out waffles who’s syrup cups are really a thing of beautify, but like fake tits or prude chicks, just for show… [/quote]

haha. Not the colorblind part and you freaking out about it. But, the other stuff, haha

[quote]mbdix wrote:
If people are really seeing white and gold and it’s not some big joke, then it is caused by the eye and not the brain.[/quote]

Nah, it’s something to do with the poor lighting in the picture and the brain can’t really figure out what it’s seeing. There’s a write up about it somewhere.[/quote]

hmmm

The dress is in fact blue and black. Strangely enough when I first looked at this on my phone it was blue and black but when I sat down at my laptop to reply it came up as white and gold and yet again when I tip my laptop backward it returns to blue and black as it was before. My guess is almost a photo-negative effect if you look at the screen indirectly.

[quote]mbdix wrote:

I see white and gold. I’ve looked at it every which way, it’s white and gold.

I have a theory though. Everybody in my family sees it blue and black and they have blue eyes. I have brown eyes and I see it white and brownish/ gold.

I am curious if eye color has anything to do with it. Do dark eyes see it white and gold and light colored eyes see it blue and black.

So let experiment, what color do you see it and what color are your eyes? It may be nothing, but I am wondering if eye color may have anything to do with it. Nevertheless, it’s the damnedist thing I’ve ever seen.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

I see white and gold. I’ve looked at it every which way, it’s white and gold.

I have a theory though. Everybody in my family sees it blue and black and they have blue eyes. I have brown eyes and I see it white and brownish/ gold.

I am curious if eye color has anything to do with it. Do dark eyes see it white and gold and light colored eyes see it blue and black.

So let experiment, what color do you see it and what color are your eyes? It may be nothing, but I am wondering if eye color may have anything to do with it. Nevertheless, it’s the damnedist thing I’ve ever seen.[/quote]

Missus and I both have blue eyes. She sees white and gold, I see blue and black.

[quote]BeefEater wrote:

The dress is in fact blue and black. Strangely enough when I first looked at this on my phone it was blue and black but when I sat down at my laptop to reply it came up as white and gold and yet again when I tip my laptop backward it returns to blue and black as it was before. My guess is almost a photo-negative effect if you look at the screen indirectly.[/quote]

No, I have flipped my laptop and my phone every which way at every angle I see it white and gold. I cannot make it look blue and black to save my life.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]BeefEater wrote:

The dress is in fact blue and black. Strangely enough when I first looked at this on my phone it was blue and black but when I sat down at my laptop to reply it came up as white and gold and yet again when I tip my laptop backward it returns to blue and black as it was before. My guess is almost a photo-negative effect if you look at the screen indirectly.[/quote]

No, I have flipped my laptop and my phone every which way at every angle I see it white and gold. I cannot make it look blue and black to save my life.[/quote]

Well shit. I guess I haven’t solved the riddle.