T Nation

DREAM Unveils White Cage

At a press conference in Tokyo today, the promotion revealed a mock-up of “the white cage,” along with plans to change DREAM’s bout structure from one ten-minute and one five-minute round to the more standard three five-minute rounds (for this event only, thankfully). Since a boxing ring has been the norm in Japanese MMA for decades, DREAM is wading into all of this cautiously - for the time being, the cage is only expected to be used for one show per year.

CLAP

HATE rings. Hate the ring side refs pushing on fighters and fighters jumping threw the ropes.

[quote]mitchellh wrote:
CLAP

HATE rings. Hate the ring side refs pushing on fighters and fighters jumping threw the ropes.[/quote]

Tell me about it. Sucks that they’re only doing this for one event a year. I guess they’re afraid they will turn off Japanese fans. But it’s a start in the “right” direction. I wonder if the cage being white will affect camera angles,visibility,etc.

Am I the only one thinking this is going to look great with some blood smeared on it? : )

just me?.

I’m OK with that.

[quote]Barachiel wrote:
Am I the only one thinking this is going to look great with some blood smeared on it? : )
[/quote]

You’re not alone,my friend.

[quote]Barachiel wrote:

just me?.

I’m OK with that.[/quote]

Was my first thought. LOL.

cages suck… going to a show with a cage, so hard to see shit…

i like all white though better than say ufc’s… i loved the white pride rings.

peace

lol @ white pride

thank you gentleman.

I knew it wasn’t just me.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
mitchellh wrote:
CLAP

HATE rings. Hate the ring side refs pushing on fighters and fighters jumping threw the ropes.

Tell me about it. Sucks that they’re only doing this for one event a year. I guess they’re afraid they will turn off Japanese fans. But it’s a start in the “right” direction. I wonder if the cage being white will affect camera angles,visibility,etc.[/quote]

BB

WHite is usually bad for camera- you get more flare/bounce etc (light bouncing into the camera )
its also a color that is always too bright or too "hot but It might not be a big deal either-
any boxing or fight show is bright as hell anyway.

I work in TV- lighting

disappointing, I always loved the ring

Looks nice but the TV people probably hate it for reasons stated above.

Yep, first thing I thought was, “ooh, bloody” and the freaking glare of the lights bouncing off the white.

Isn’t white the color of mourning in Japan? Guess it’s gonna be a rough fight.