Dream Theater

Mike Portnoy is one of my all-time fav. drummers

Mike Portnoy - Dance of Eternity

Mike Portnoy

Dream Theater 1928

Drum session

Anyone else a fan? these guys take it to another level!

I in fact do like Dream Theater a lot.

On the live at Budokan recording, I think the solo for “Hollow Years” is one of the best I’ve ever heard. =]

I’m a big Dream Theater fan. I saw them at the Austin Music Hall a few years ago. Unfortunately, they were doing a co-headlining show with Joe Satriani (who was great), so they didn’t get a long enough set.

[quote]TKL.ca wrote:
On the live at Budokan recording, I think the solo for “Hollow Years” is one of the best I’ve ever heard. =][/quote]

Good Call.

y guys,
You want to see a great drummer in action, check this guy out…this is what extreme drumming is all about! The band is Origin, one of my favorite bands and drummers. Enjoy

http://www.bosticman.com/bostic/videos/john/john1.wmv

[quote]Footsolider88 wrote:
y guys,
You want to see a great drummer in action, check this guy out…this is what extreme drumming is all about! The band is Origin, one of my favorite bands and drummers. Enjoy

http://www.bosticman.com/bostic/videos/john/john1.wmv [/quote]

Cool Stuff! I’ve never heard of them are they local CA band?

Have you ever heard of Between the Buried and me, The band above kind of reminds me of them. Alot of people dont like at first but listen it gets better ecspecially about 3 min in.

They also just came out with a cover album and cover bands such as:

* Pantera - "Cemetery Gates"
* Sepultura - "Territory"
* Soundgarden - "The Day I Tried to Live"
* M?tley Cr?e - "Kickstart My Heart"
* Pink Floyd - "Us and Them"
* Queen - "Bicycle Race"
* Metallica - "Orion"
* Metallica - "Blackened"
* Faith No More - "Malpractice"
* The Doors - "People Are Strange"
* Depeche Mode - "Little 15"
* Smashing Pumpkins - "Geek USA"
* Blind Melon - "Change"

And do a fucking brilliant job might I add.

Sorry, I really don’t want to hijack the thread and steal the limelight away from a great band and might I add very talented musicians.

But, I would like to add on a quite impressive drummer from a technical death metal band by the name of Necrophagist-

Oh yeah, Origin is some brutal shit. John Longstreth is an amazing drummer.

Great band, I only started listening to them about a week ago- so far im very impressed.

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
Great band, I only started listening to them about a week ago- so far im very impressed. [/quote]

same, I think the overall talent of the band members is up there. I just have a few problems with the singer at times, doesn’t seem to match up to the music.

[quote]TKL.ca wrote:
same, I think the overall talent of the band members is up there. I just have a few problems with the singer at times, doesn’t seem to match up to the music. [/quote]

The singer is the main thing keeping me from buying more of DT’s stuff. He sounds like the bastard son of Dennis DeYoung of Styx and Rob Halford.

John Myung is a monster of the bass and Petrucci (sp?) absolutely shreds.

I haven’t listened to him in a while…But I LOVED Faith No More. Now that was a band that did not get anywhere near the credit they deserved.

My bad y’all…for some reason I thought he was the drummer for FNM…