Dream Concerts

I recently saw some of my favorites and I would see them again everytime they come to town.

Rush x2

Tragically Hip, in a small bar in Austin TX. About 500 people in the bar, it was incredible seeing a band which normally plays for a stadium playing for a small bar venue. They left the speakers at stadium volume, I couldn’t hear for days.

Tool

Would have to say I wish I had seen:
Nirvana
Alice in Chains
Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Primus
Slayer
Anthrax
Metallica, with Cliff Burton and the concert stops at the end of Master of Puppets.
Megadeth

Obviously Zeppelin. Jimi Hendrix for certain.

I’d have loved to been at LiveAid when U2 played. I was at the opening concert of the Joshua Tree tour. Actually, it’d been postponed a night because Bono had a throat problem.

I saw my dream concert June 30, '07 when I saw the Police reunited in New Orleans. It was everything I was hoping for.

My mom saw Johnny Cash at a club in Bakersfield in the late 50’s.

One cool thing, NeelyDan, nobody down here really knows abouut the Tragically Hip. I’ve seen 'em twice at House of Blues in New Orleans. They [b]TORE[/b] it up!! As you’d expect, the place was full of Canadians, who held up/passed around a humongous Canadian Flag and sang “Oh, Canada.” My then wife, a Newfie, loved it!

Speaking of Newfoundland, I’ve also seen Great Big Sea down here in clubs. GREAT show!

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
dza1978 wrote:
jtg987 wrote:
The whole wu-tang clan, we miss you dirty
Biggie with jay-z

Apart from that if I get the chance to see the lox, z-ro, trae, scarface, rick ross, jeezy and any of the wu i’d be stoked

dude you know rick ross is one fake ass mofo , he was a prison guard and now hes the bauce , thats gangsta baby wow ,you put him in the line up with true gangsters real ghetto rappers and lyricists …class act lol

you sir are obviously a moron, I don’t care if he even snitched before he started recording as long as he makes decent music, that’s all that matters. Why is rap the only genre where fans feel as if they need too have credentials before being considered dope? [/quote]

me im the moron, you still use the typical white guy i think im down phrase HEs DOPE that shit went out in the 80’s, along with your wack!!!
I bet you enjoy 50 cent too, and as for the decent music part rick ross doesnt imo.
How can you claim something when you are not, would you feel right saying every day your hustlin in the streets when you go home from the jail and hang up your corrections uniform.
Kind of a tad hypocritical dont you think???

[quote]WxHerk wrote:
One cool thing, NeelyDan, nobody down here really knows abouut the Tragically Hip. I’ve seen 'em twice at House of Blues in New Orleans. They [b]TORE[/b] it up!! As you’d expect, the place was full of Canadians, who held up/passed around a humongous Canadian Flag and sang “Oh, Canada.” My then wife, a Newfie, loved it!

Speaking of Newfoundland, I’ve also seen Great Big Sea down here in clubs. GREAT show![/quote]

Yeah, they pretty much ARE the anthem up here.

The best show I was ever at was the Hip show in Cobo Arena in Detroit - it was the setting for what would become the “Live Between Us” album. I’ve seen the hip over 20 times, but that show was really something special.

[quote]WxHerk wrote:
Obviously Zeppelin. Jimi Hendrix for certain.

I’d have loved to been at LiveAid when U2 played. I was at the opening concert of the Joshua Tree tour. Actually, it’d been postponed a night because Bono had a throat problem.

I saw my dream concert June 30, '07 when I saw the Police reunited in New Orleans. It was everything I was hoping for.

My mom saw Johnny Cash at a club in Bakersfield in the late 50’s.

Speaking of Newfoundland, I’ve also seen Great Big Sea down here in clubs. GREAT show![/quote]

Down here in Austin it was the same thing. No one really knows about the Hip, they tore up the show, it was in La Zona Rosa and couldn’t have been more than 500 people in there. Tons of hockey jerseys being worn. It was awesome.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
The best show I was ever at was the Hip show in Cobo Arena in Detroit - it was the setting for what would become the “Live Between Us” album. I’ve seen the hip over 20 times, but that show was really something special.[/quote]

Yeah, I’d have loved to have been at that show; what a great disc!!

Hey, thr_wedge, you ever see a band called “Uncle Bruno” at La Zona Rosa??

Black label society
Metallica
Slayer
Megadeth
Judas priest
Pantera
Black sabbath (with dio)
Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden, how could I have left them off my list.

WxHerk, no I have only seen the Hip and Buckethead at LZR. I don’t get out as much as I used to :frowning: Pretty lame for living in the live music captial of the world.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
Black label society
Metallica
Slayer
Megadeth
Judas priest
Pantera
Black sabbath (with dio)
Iron Maiden[/quote]

I saw metallica and maiden. Gonna see slayer this summer. Might see BLS when they come around here too.

I would see megadeth but Mustaine is the drama queen of a whole genre of music.

And as for Pantera… RIP dime.

TOOL
Led Zepplin
Iron Maiden
The Eagles
YES
The Tubes
Thin Lizzy
Rainbow

Van Halen
Aerosmith
NIN
Pink Floyd
Faith No More
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
KMFDM

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
Black label society
Metallica
Slayer
Megadeth
Judas priest
Pantera
Black sabbath (with dio)
Iron Maiden

I saw metallica and maiden. Gonna see slayer this summer. Might see BLS when they come around here too.

I would see megadeth but Mustaine is the drama queen of a whole genre of music.

And as for Pantera… RIP dime.[/quote]

Thats fuckin awesome. I just missed a Metallica conert in long island about a month ago. The next time they come around there having a tour with slipknot, which is horrendously gay.

And I agree with the Mustaine comment, lol.

Cream
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zepplin
Pink Floyd (full band together)
The Doors (preferably with Morrison trying to cause a riot)
Blind Melon
Nirvana
Tool

Feels wrong to leave Pearl Jam and Metallica off that list, but the fact that i’ve seen PJ and will likely be able to see Metallica makes it less of a “dream”… Tool gets exempt from that because they’re a dream even in reality.

Cream
Black Sabbath
The Who
Alice in Chains
Neil Young
Smashing Pumpkins
The Doors
Led Zeppelin

Ozzy Osbourne
Metallica
Primus
Grateful Dead