Draw The Line

http://www.moveon.org/share/676c9a/kevin-bacon-knows-exactly-how-to-destroy?rc=share-55c724

[quote]JLone wrote:

http://www.moveon.org/share/676c9a/kevin-bacon-knows-exactly-how-to-destroy?rc=share-55c724

[/quote]

You know what?

They want to fuck without getting pregnant?

Swell!

They foot the bill.

I know, I know, 30$ a month, it might interfere with her Starbucks budget, but there are some hardships we all must endure.

If this post was not in jest, shame on you Sir, shame on you.

You know what?

Why not go apeshit on you?

Her body!

Her choice!

Her responsibility.

Well Kevin Bacon did sign it so…where’s do I sign?

Can I just write a check up front to cover my portion? I wouldn’t want other people to have to pay for thier own BC like my wife and I do.

[quote]orion wrote:

Swell!

They foot the bill.

I know, I know, 30$ a month, it might interfere with her Starbucks budget, but there are some hardships we all must endure.

If this post was not in jest, shame on you Sir, shame on you. [/quote]
You have certainly summed up your point of view with eloquence.

Killing my child: fundamental human right…

If I don’t raise my daughter to understand she is worth more to this world than her vagina, I will have failed as a father. Oh, and guess what, she will also have to understand that because she has a uterus she needs to be more responsible than her male counterpart.

This is the worst fear mongering, intellectually dishonest and stupid fucking thing I’ve ever seen.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

Swell!

They foot the bill.

If this post was not in jest, shame on you Sir, shame on you. [/quote]
You have certainly summed up your point of view with eloquence.[/quote]

Oh well, a picture says more than a thousand words:

I dont know about you, but even a virile stallion like me would have problems burning through 100 condoms a month.

I mean, if there are two women involved and you want to protect them as well as yourself this might be doable, but who has that much spare time?

In conclusion, 16$ a month is not affordable?

Please, for the love of God, dont have sex.

Just going to throw this out there, but again, there are plenty of reasons beyond contraception birth control is taken. Granted, these people are focused on that in particular, but it is worth noting in order to have a more well rounded view,

Also, pretty sure a lot of antibiotics/other pills are $30 a month (give or take) once they become generic. If you have a medical need for birth control, it is one and the same.

[quote]CornSprint wrote:
Just going to throw this out there, but again, there are plenty of reasons beyond contraception birth control is taken. Granted, these people are focused on that in particular, but it is worth noting in order to have a more well rounded view,

Also, pretty sure a lot of antibiotics/other pills are $30 a month (give or take) once they become generic. If you have a medical need for birth control, it is one and the same.[/quote]

No one, not one single person is going to take away birth control from any woman.

This is fear mongering at its worst.

And yes, women can pay for their co-pays and insurance like anyone else.

[quote]CornSprint wrote:

Also, pretty sure a lot of antibiotics/other pills are $30 a month (give or take) once they become generic. If you have a medical need for birth control, it is one and the same.[/quote]

Yes, and I would agree that sometimes the cheapest generic is not an option because of adverse reactions. One of my close friends ran out of her normal BC and couldn’t get to her home pharmacy for a bit (out of state), so she had them refer her and got set up with the “generic” version of what she was supposed to be taking…massive side-effects for her. So it is certainly true that some forms of birth control are easier and more tolerable for people, and the cheap $12/month BC might not be an option. Hers ran upwards of $50 I believe.

It is ALSO true that you can quit paying for fucking cable or coffee if you REALLY can’t afford the BC or your co-pays. Seriously. You know how many ‘poor’ people i knew in high school and college that would routinely blow $7 a day for cigarettes all month? Or paid for premium cable? Or paid for internet? or bought coffee every day? Or ate out all the time instead of cooking some damn eggs?

No sympathy from me whatsoever. Quit one of your damn habits if you really, truly, positively have trouble affording $30 a month for healthcare. A person like that is obviously being inefficient in their budgeting. Budgeting is about choices. Make your choice and deal with it.

[quote]orion wrote:
You know what?

Why not go apeshit on you?

Her body!

Her choice!

Her responsibility.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Can you rationalize drunk driving by saying “my body, my choice”?

Your actions don’t just affect you. Drunk drive, you might kill other people. Have sex, you might have a baby. It isn’t the baby’s fault you had sex.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]CornSprint wrote:

No one, not one single person is going to take away birth control from any woman.

And yes, women can pay for their co-pays and insurance like anyone else.[/quote]

There are people who would if they “could” which is where part of the fear comes from. Luckily we don’t have 1 person making all the rules so this would never happen.

That’s possible the single stupidest thing I have ever read on PWI.

And that’s saying a lot. A lot.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]CornSprint wrote:

And yes, women can pay for their co-pays and insurance like anyone else.[/quote]

There are people who would if they “could” which is where part of the fear comes from. Luckily we don’t have 1 person making all the rules so this would never happen.[/quote]

And is the right to contraception and abortion clinics an “inalienable” right, Andy?

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]CornSprint wrote:

There are people who would if they “could” which is where part of the fear comes from. Luckily we don’t have 1 person making all the rules so this would never happen.[/quote]

And is the right to contraception and abortion clinics an “inalienable” right, Andy?
[/quote]

Nope but I was not talking about rights, just general availability which is what I think his comment was referring to.

I’d certainly take away abortion clinics, if I could.

They fit my definition of an egregious violation of human rights of the first order, in fact.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

They fit my definition of an egregious violation of human rights of the first order, in fact. [/quote]

Yes those are not birth control though which is what CB was talking about.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

They fit my definition of an egregious violation of human rights of the first order, in fact. [/quote]

Yes those are not birth control though which is what CB was talking about.[/quote]

Some are equal to abortion.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

Yes those are not birth control though which is what CB was talking about.[/quote]

Some are equal to abortion.[/quote]

Yup.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

Some are equal to abortion.[/quote]

Yup.
[/quote]

Then my original comment was correct.