Draper's Tuna and Water Diet

Has anyone here tried Dave Draper’s 3day tuna and water diet?..I’m on day 2…it’s getting tough. Any thoughts on this kind of short term plan? it’s supposed to break fat loss plateaus and help reign in bad eating habits.

You’re not going to break any bad habits in three days. It usually takes at least 21 days to break habits.

However, due to the low calories and carbs, it might help you clean out your system for three days. Not sure I’d want to eat only tuna and water though. I’d probably just do a vegetarian type diet and only eat fruits, veggies, fruit juices and water for several days to clean out the system.

Nate…thanks for that.May give that a try in a few weeks.I’m really trying to clean up my bad eating,my kid’s easter candy has ruined me!!

If you’re really looking to make changes, then you have to do what it takes to make it stick.

Eliminate all junk food in your house.

Find support from loved ones and friends.

Read some of JB’s articles about “Clean Eatin’” or “7 Effective Habits,” and how to stock up your kitchen for the right foods to keep you on track.

He has a few very good articles that will put you on the right path. The rest will be up to you and how badly you want to change. A fast or some kind of “clean out your system” type diet for a few days might help jump start things, but you have to learn new habits…and break the old ones.

I’ve done the T & W 3 day diet via Draper several times and it is no small feat if you ask me. Sometimes I use it to kick off a cutting cycle, or sometimes just for shits to get me back on track.

I don’t really use it to try and kick bad habits, as I agree with Nate that you need more time, but it does wonders to get my mind mentally focused and remind me that it is time to get serious.

By the way, the 2nd days was always the hardest for me, b/c when you make it to the 3rd day you know it’s almost over so you just have to hang on a little longer. Stay strong man!!!

Bango

Bango,
Thanks for the encouragement.Day 2 was a bastard…the wife wants to go out for steak tonight so i think i’m gonna pack it in at 2 and 3/4 days. I appreciate the useful feedback you guys give. I’ve been reading here for awhile and this was my first post.This is an awesome place!! Thank again guys.
Slim

Nate Dogg,
I notice yer in Fla…where? I’m in Jax.

Gville.

Tuna is full of mercury, Tuna is a big fish that accumulates a lot of mercury, beware of that! I wouldnt eat tuna everyday, FDA I believe say we should only have 2-3 meals of fish a week, some say if you eat canned sardines( much smaller fish) you can eat 6, 125 grams cans a week.

Why don’t you try a paleodiet to lose weight? it’s very easy to lose weight and fat on this diet.

The mercury accumulates according to the food chain. The fish that end up in cans are generally the smaller ones, so they have lower levels of mercury. The steaks come from large fish and have higher levels.

I was actually reading a journal article about it and theyve also stated that the only people who should really worry about the mercury in tuna are expecting and nursing mothers.

Anyways, its three days. Its not going to kill him.

I second the mercury comment.
For the longest time I ignored the warning about tuna consumption and mercury because who’s ever heard of anyone getting mercury poisoning?

But just recently I heard about a colleague from work who lived in Hawaii for a year, eating fresh Tuna every day. About 5 months into the tuna heaven diet the dude starts getting numbness/reduced feeling in his hands. Goes to the doctor (in Hawaii) and doc knows instantly that he’s been eating schools of tuna-mercury poisoning…

I’m definitely not bulking with tuna to the same extent I did before I heard this.

[quote]old_hitter wrote:
Tuna is full of mercury, Tuna is a big fish that accumulates a lot of mercury, beware of that! I wouldnt eat tuna everyday, FDA I believe say we should only have 2-3 meals of fish a week, some say if you eat canned sardines( much smaller fish) you can eat 6, 125 grams cans a week.[/quote]

Feel free to laugh if you wish, but that’s the reason I started to recycle batteries and fluorescent tubes and stuff like that. Hey, I like fish, I could eat tuna and sardines and stuff like that every day, so I thought I should at least do my share and not make the situation worse than it already is.

[quote]florin wrote:
old_hitter wrote:
Tuna is full of mercury, Tuna is a big fish that accumulates a lot of mercury, beware of that! I wouldnt eat tuna everyday, FDA I believe say we should only have 2-3 meals of fish a week, some say if you eat canned sardines( much smaller fish) you can eat 6, 125 grams cans a week.

Feel free to laugh if you wish, but that’s the reason I started to recycle batteries and fluorescent tubes and stuff like that. Hey, I like fish, I could eat tuna and sardines and stuff like that every day, so I thought I should at least do my share and not make the situation worse than it already is.[/quote]

Any body who laughs at recycling is a dick anyways. there is no good reason to not recycle and do your part to keep things clean.

I had a neighbour once who decided to dump is used oil down the sewer grate. I asked him what he was doing and he says “dumping old oil.”

“Uhh… you know that’s illegal and aweful for the enviroment right?”

“Fuck the environment”

“fuck you”

He told me he’d call the cops till i reminded him that what he did is a $2000 fine minimum with manditory jail time. Whereas my “offense” couldn’t even be considered assault.

It’s everyones house, keep it clean.

-chris

[quote]Avocado wrote:
florin wrote:
old_hitter wrote:

“fuck you”

-chris[/quote]

Dude, this had me rolling!!! Good one Avocado.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
Avocado wrote:
florin wrote:
old_hitter wrote:

“fuck you”

-chris

Dude, this had me rolling!!! Good one Avocado.[/quote]

Smart man, Avocado. :slight_smile:

Nate, responding to your reply on top, do you drink ANY fruit juice or do you make sure that the juice you’re drinking has no added sugar?

i lived off tuna and green beans for the last bit of the school year when money wasn’t too plentiful… i don’t see what the big deal is? cutting the green beans actually woulda saved me another dollar or two a day… hmm…

[quote]suavij wrote:
i lived off tuna and green beans for the last bit of the school year when money wasn’t too plentiful… i don’t see what the big deal is? cutting the green beans actually woulda saved me another dollar or two a day… hmm… [/quote]

How did that work out for ya, body composition wise ?

–JB

[quote]florin wrote:
old_hitter wrote:

Feel free to laugh if you wish, but that’s the reason I started to recycle batteries and fluorescent tubes and stuff like that. Hey, I like fish, I could eat tuna and sardines and stuff like that every day, so I thought I should at least do my share and not make the situation worse than it already is.[/quote]

Nothing to laugh at. We have to keep our water clean. Everyone should recycle that stuff.

[quote]lookinathesun wrote:
But just recently I heard about a colleague from work who lived in Hawaii for a year, eating fresh Tuna every day. About 5 months into the tuna heaven diet the dude starts getting numbness/reduced feeling in his hands. Goes to the doctor (in Hawaii) and doc knows instantly that he’s been eating schools of tuna-mercury poisoning…
[/quote]

I know a guy who know’s a guy who had skin cancer. I’m never going into the sun again.