Drake Deadlifting

CLOWN

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1391569_10201248173544647_1441649741_n.jpg

What is the story here? Did the guy permanently damage his spine dead lifting?

Dat arm bending buys him a one way ticket.

[quote]Claudan wrote:
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1391569_10201248173544647_1441649741_n.jpg[/quote]

Haha my thoughts exactly. Why the fuck would he put that on youtube? It is not like he was lifting impressive weight with bad form. It was pretty light weight with bad form.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
What is the story here? Did the guy permanently damage his spine dead lifting?

[/quote]

The joke is on several levels.

Drake started his career as an actor portraying a wheel-bound chair person in Canada(?) then got picked up by Lil Wayne and his crew to become one of the most loved commercial rappers.

One of the songs is “We started from the bottom, now we are here” which the meme seems reference.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Dat arm bending buys him a one way ticket.[/quote]

if only someone made a meme with Tyga’s ‘rack rack city bitch’ but used ‘snap snap city bitch’.

I don’t know who this guy is, but if he has fans then maybe this will encourage some of them to pick up a barbell. So he’s not technically perfect, doesn’t matter. Give the guy a break, at least he’s doing something, and I’m glad to see it.

[quote]elliottcorum wrote:
I don’t know who this guy is, but if he has fans then maybe this will encourage some of them to pick up a barbell. So he’s not technically perfect, doesn’t matter. Give the guy a break, at least he’s doing something, and I’m glad to see it.[/quote]
x2

Yea who gives a fuck that Drake has poor deadlift form.

This is like the worst example of “Do you even lift brah” that I’ve ever seen on this site.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
[/quote]

I don’t think many people care about his form but I think people can appreciate the comedic value of the meme, at least the people who know who Drake is and what he’s all about.

his shoes and to a lesser extent the gloves are what kill me.

This is like the worst example of “Do you even lift brah” that I’ve ever seen on this site.[/quote]
Guess you didn’t see all the grief Hugh Jackman got because he has skinny legs and “only” deadlifts 460-something pounds at 45 years old. Standards, expectations, and perspectives get kinda warped around here sometimes.

I would kinda like to know the context of the video clip, but at face value and in terms of development, strength, and technique, he look like a totally average gym person you’d see in most gyms. Nothing special or noteworthy one way or the other.

Welcome to the brahtmosphere drake

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

This is like the worst example of “Do you even lift brah” that I’ve ever seen on this site.[/quote]
Guess you didn’t see all the grief Hugh Jackman got because he has skinny legs and “only” deadlifts 460-something pounds at 45 years old. Standards, expectations, and perspectives get kinda warped around here sometimes.

I would kinda like to know the context of the video clip, but at face value and in terms of development, strength, and technique, he look like a totally average gym person you’d see in most gyms. Nothing special or noteworthy one way or the other.[/quote]

I would think it would be hard to impress a man who can levitate barbells behind his back.

I hope this is the first video of Drake setting a goal and posting videos to hold himself accountable. I actually do not like Drake at all as an artist. One of the first raps I ever heard from him said something about him being the G.O.AT. Drake shouldn’t call himself the G.O.AT. today, much less in his first rap song on sprite commercial. Anyway, it would be cool if that was his 1st video and over the next years we see him get bigger, stronger, and leaner with the videos documenting everything. I would become a fan if that happened.

Drake deadlifts 315#s in a month or two. 405 the first of the year. A few years he’s pulling 455. Puts on 25-35 lbs of muscle. I still wouldn’t call him the G.O.A.T. but i would be a fan.

[quote]Claudan wrote:

[/quote]

I don’t think many people care about his form but I think people can appreciate the comedic value of the meme, at least the people who know who Drake is and what he’s all about. [/quote]

Why? He’s a talented performer, he’s got more money than you or I will ever even dream of, he’s banging celebrity broads… you think his deadlift is his first concern? Or that some dude on a website thinks he “knows what he’s all about?”

Meanwhile you’re sitting home on a computer posting vids on a lifting forum going “LOOK AT DIS GUY!!!11 LoolZzzz!!” like he’s the one with mixed up priorities.

I don’t mean to be harsh but this sort of attitude is what makes the “Do-you-even-lift-brah-ers” look so exceedingly ridiculous.

This is why I never come out of the combat forum.

I would kinda like to know the context of the video clip, but at face value and in terms of development, strength, and technique, he look like a totally average gym person you’d see in most gyms. Nothing special or noteworthy one way or the other.[/quote]

Right.

And no I didn’t see that, but that’s because I learned long ago to avoid posts like this where a bunch of… well, nobodies…tear on a guy who is rich and famous because he apparently doesn’t meet their standards of how strong a human male should be.

Maybe if the forum were full of 18 year olds this would sound normal… well, maybe this forum is full of 18 year olds.

Whatevs.

[quote]mbdix wrote:
I hope this is the first video of Drake setting a goal and posting videos to hold himself accountable. I actually do not like Drake at all as an artist. One of the first raps I ever heard from him said something about him being the G.O.AT. Drake shouldn’t call himself the G.O.AT. today, much less in his first rap song on sprite commercial. Anyway, it would be cool if that was his 1st video and over the next years we see him get bigger, stronger, and leaner with the videos documenting everything. I would become a fan if that happened.

Drake deadlifts 315#s in a month or two. 405 the first of the year. A few years he’s pulling 455. Puts on 25-35 lbs of muscle. I still wouldn’t call him the G.O.A.T. but i would be a fan.[/quote]

Awesome avatar dude.

[/quote]

I must admit that the responses in that thread majorly rustled my jimmies.