Dragon Warrior NES

[quote]jimmybango wrote:
Could someone explain to me how use these emulators you speak of? Maybe like an Emulators for Dummies???

I was just talking with my roommate not long ago about how we’d like to fire up the old SNES and run some Tecmo Super Bowl (greatest game ever).

Thanks[/quote]

Bsaically, an emulator acts as a platform to play roms. Think of the emulator as the console, and the roms are the games.

So, go download a NES emulator - try one called jnes, its pretty good.

Then, google NES ROMS and find the ROMS you want, and download them to your computer, preferably to some folder that isn’t buried somewhere deep in your hard drive, so you know where its located.

Then, open up the emulator you downloaded and you’ll be presented with an interface. After that you usually just click “File” and select “open…” or something similar, which should bring up a window in which you can browse for your ROMS. Simply locate the ROM you downloaded and select it and click “OK” or “open” or whatever and it should load the game.

The cool thing about emulators is they allow you to save instantly with the push of a button - usually F5 - so you don’t have to rely on the games inherent save mechanisms. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to get through tough games which have few save points.

Obviously not important for sports games and the like.

You’ll need a PC Gamepad to play the games properly, but if you don’t have a special one, an XBOX 360 controller works just fine. You just have to go into the Input Options of your emulator and configure the controller.

Happy gaming

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
jimmybango wrote:
Could someone explain to me how use these emulators you speak of? Maybe like an Emulators for Dummies???

I was just talking with my roommate not long ago about how we’d like to fire up the old SNES and run some Tecmo Super Bowl (greatest game ever).

Thanks

Bsaically, an emulator acts as a platform to play roms. Think of the emulator as the console, and the roms are the games.

So, go download a NES emulator - try one called jnes, its pretty good.

Then, google NES ROMS and find the ROMS you want, and download them to your computer, preferably to some folder that isn’t buried somewhere deep in your hard drive, so you know where its located.

Then, open up the emulator you downloaded and you’ll be presented with an interface. After that you usually just click “File” and select “open…” or something similar, which should bring up a window in which you can browse for your ROMS. Simply locate the ROM you downloaded and select it and click “OK” or “open” or whatever and it should load the game.

The cool thing about emulators is they allow you to save instantly with the push of a button - usually F5 - so you don’t have to rely on the games inherent save mechanisms. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to get through tough games which have few save points.

Obviously not important for sports games and the like.

You’ll need a PC Gamepad to play the games properly, but if you don’t have a special one, an XBOX 360 controller works just fine. You just have to go into the Input Options of your emulator and configure the controller.

Happy gaming[/quote]

I do not envision many productive hours outside of gaming in my near future… :slight_smile: Thanks bro

tecmo bowl, blades of steel, castlevania, all the megamans, super mario bros. 2, track & field, excitebike ,final fantasy, bubble bobble, contra. hmmmm what other classics am I leaving out? you now what I didn’t leave out? swords & serpants. man that game sucked. anyone who can play that for more then 5 mins. god bless ya

I saw one of the codes for the old game genie was 250 points exp. for every slime you kill. whoaa… that’s insane!!! I think I might buy 1 of ebay for $5 for $***s and giggles.

[quote]MNguns wrote:
I saw one of the codes for the old game genie was 250 points exp. for every slime you kill. whoaa… that’s insane!!! I think I might buy 1 of ebay for $5 for $***s and giggles.[/quote]

Use an emulator. The few I’ve seen work the genie codes. You can even find directions online for hooking a NES controller to your PC .

I’d save that NES. Working ones will be worth some serious cash in the future, I think.

Any PS1 emulators out there that are good?
I wouldn’t mind sitting down to finish dragon warrior 7…I only ever got about 15 hours in before

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
It’s easy to beat, you just have to level up to 50, I think. Which means hours and hours of your life fighting green dragons and star wyverns over and over again. Sucks, but the final boss is a piece of cake.[/quote]

You killed green slime
You gained 1 exp and 1gold

and you needed like 99,999 to gain a level. it makes me cry thinking about it.

hmmmm…

I remember finding that sword in the old haunted town. You had to fight the dragon to get it.

It’s so random, I dont know how i even found it. dragon warrior is a real mans RPG.

Damn caves.

[quote]dennis3k wrote:
Any PS1 emulators out there that are good?
I wouldn’t mind sitting down to finish dragon warrior 7…I only ever got about 15 hours in before[/quote]

check out ngemu.com for emulator news and shit, last I was using psx emulators epsxe was a good one, bit of fucking about with plugins to get settings working but gives you some slight graphical enhancing options

A good one is psxfin;

http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

basic emulator with few options, aims for exact emulation of psx, no graphical options, does have save state etc,

I’ll leave finding iso’s and bin files up to you

[quote]jimmybango wrote:

I do not envision many productive hours outside of gaming in my near future… :slight_smile: Thanks bro[/quote]

You’re welcome, just remember to go train (in real life…with weights) every now and then to counteract the inactivity video gaming!!