Dr to Prescribe Injections Rather than Testim Gel?

i am currently in the process of obtaining TRT. My Dr is pretty insistent on Testim gel over Test E injections.

My concerns with gel is issues with transferring, skin irritations and higher conversions to DHT.

What is the best method to convince my Dr that gel is not appropriate for me?, as i would much rather self administer injections as this is not only the most convenient method but as for my understanding also the most stable.

Are there any circumstances i can use to convince him that injections are the best way forward, or is it simply a case of trying to find a Dr more willing to let me choose the protocol best suited to me

Did doc make any effort to find out why you have low-T?
LH/FSH tested?
prolactin tested?
Post labs with ranges please.

Where are you located? Affects your diagnostic and treatment options.

If your thyroid function is poor, you may not absorb.

Injected T is very affordable, transdermal T is expensive.
Why should you have to pay that much to keep your doc happy.

Transdermal has the highest T–>E2 potential, injected the least.

So much for T, what about E2 labs and management with anastrozole with an appropriate E2 target level? hCG to preserve testes and fertility?

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.