Dr Said My Levels Are Normal at 265?

Let me guess, did he offer you an antidepressant script?

As said before the range is there to quantify “normal”. Some men ARE normal at 260 and some ARE normal at 850. That being said if you are symptomatic of low testosterone, and other blood work also validates suspicion, then you have low T for one reason or another. Aside from having years of lab work to show your T level dropping all you have to go on are your symptoms. Did your doctor check your thyroid? Did he/she have any suggestion about what else may be causing your symptoms? There is a thread here about stupid things doctors say and it covers everything from “that’s just part of getting old” to “you’re fine, its all in your head” so to hear your doc saying its “Normal” is no big surprise.

Post up your labs for the guys who know how to read them and they may see something else too. Then they can arm you with some ammunition for when you go back to your doc. BUT in the end you may be looking for a new doctor who will treat the patient and NOT just the number…a number which is fine for an 80 year old man. I mean Trump’s T came in at 441 and he is 71.

Also, you’re going to need to post more information. Read up Advice for New Guys