Dr. Said Blast/Cruise is Safer

A friend of mine just wrapped up his PCT after about a 18-20 week cycle. I believe it was mostly Test based, not sure of the amount off the top of my head. We were talking about competing together and trying to figure out the timing because I was just about to start my cycle and I knew he was going to need some time off. I think he was having a rough time post PCT and wanted back on pretty badly.

Anyway the point here- he went to his doctor and the doctor told him it would be better for him to blast and cruise indefinitely (something like 4 months on, cruise for 2 months) and that was a safer/smarter/healthier option than just running PCT and taking time off. I know doctors generally don’t have a clue about A.S. and I really don’t think this is solid advice especially when taking sperm count/permanent shutdown into account. I think the average T-Nation pharm forum vet knows more than most MDs when it comes to this so just looking for responses and appropriate rebuttles. Thanks.

[quote]Uncreative123 wrote:
A friend of mine just wrapped up his PCT after about a 18-20 week cycle. I believe it was mostly Test based, not sure of the amount off the top of my head. We were talking about competing together and trying to figure out the timing because I was just about to start my cycle and I knew he was going to need some time off. I think he was having a rough time post PCT and wanted back on pretty badly.

Anyway the point here- he went to his doctor and the doctor told him it would be better for him to blast and cruise indefinitely (something like 4 months on, cruise for 2 months) and that was a safer/smarter/healthier option than just running PCT and taking time off. I know doctors generally don’t have a clue about A.S. and I really don’t think this is solid advice especially when taking sperm count/permanent shutdown into account. I think the average T-Nation pharm forum vet knows more than most MDs when it comes to this so just looking for responses and appropriate rebuttles. Thanks.
[/quote]

Well, not that I’m trying to be unhelpful here, but you can seriously Google “blast cruise vs cycling” and get about a trillion hits, all from users of difference experience and development levels.

Maybe I’m just lazy and others will respond to this more in-depth but IMO blast/cruising is better if your longer-term goals are more bodybuilding-oriented rather than striving for optimal health.

[quote]SSC wrote:

[/quote]

Well, not that I’m trying to be unhelpful here, but you can seriously Google “blast cruise vs cycling” and get about a trillion hits, all from users of difference experience and development levels.

Maybe I’m just lazy and others will respond to this more in-depth but IMO blast/cruising is better if your longer-term goals are more bodybuilding-oriented rather than striving for optimal health.[/quote]

That was the point…that it was a HEALTH concern. And thanks, but I wasn’t inquiring about opinions (IMO), I’m inquiring about facts.

[quote]SSC wrote:

[/quote]

Maybe I’m just lazy and others will respond to this more in-depth but IMO blast/cruising is better if your longer-term goals are more bodybuilding-oriented rather than striving for optimal health.[/quote]

That was the point…that it was a HEALTH concern. And thanks, but I wasn’t inquiring about opinions (IMO), I’m inquiring about facts.[/quote]

Ah, my mistake - I misread. I can ask some of my buddies on the nerdier side if they have any kind of scientific anecdotes for this. But yeah, I know that b/c puts you at a bigger risk for permanent shut down for sure!

[/quote]

well, SERMs are typically pretty hard on cholesterol levels, so there’s a legitimate concern there. also, TRT/HRT is pretty common now, so doctors have a pretty good idea how to do it… this would be comparable to “cruise,” IMO.

however, anytime you take hormones, you will suppress your own production. this means 25 mg of test a week, or 2,000mg a week. the common figure used is that healthy men produce between 3-10 mg/day, by the way…

anyway, some people will claim that HCG will maintain all testicular function, but it simply artificially stimulates functions.

i am of the opinion that unless you actually compete, blast and cruise is pretty stupid, as it will lead to suppression (looks at how many complaints there are from guys trying to recover from longer AAS cycles on this forum alone). if one needs TRT, then at least there’s gonna be some medical intervention there…