T Nation

Dr. Ryan Heel Bruise?

Dr. Ryan-

The trainer says it is a deep bone bruise. They are going to make a gel donut for it but during practice I hit it again today and it opened the can up on it again. That gel pad I’ll get tomorrow but I can’t run on it at all or walk on the heel without it having “pressure” on the inside part of my ankle.

Any treatment? Stretches? Whatever it takes.

I hobble around at practice and it’s killing me and it is becoming more apparent to the coaches and such.

-Get Lifted

I had this while in high school; really the best thing you do are the basic to decrease inflammation/swelling (RICE, NSAID’s) and stay off it as much as possible otherwise. The heel pad helps, but not that much if you ask me.

This is a shitty injury, right up there with turf-toe.

Stay strong
MR

[quote]Get Lifted wrote:
Dr. Ryan-

The trainer says it is a deep bone bruise. They are going to make a gel donut for it but during practice I hit it again today and it opened the can up on it again. That gel pad I’ll get tomorrow but I can’t run on it at all or walk on the heel without it having “pressure” on the inside part of my ankle.

Any treatment? Stretches? Whatever it takes.

I hobble around at practice and it’s killing me and it is becoming more apparent to the coaches and such.

-Get Lifted[/quote]

I don’t trust the trainer though… I probably will end up going to the team doctor when he arrives every other day or something.

I am wondering if I am going to need to stay off of it or it will keep getting worse or no better.

It was starting to heal too and then I landed on it because I was not able to stay on my toes all practice. OHhhh it’s frustrating.

-Get Lifted

I got this before breaking boards… Ice it, elevate it, and take some anti-inflammatories. Go easy on it if you can.

NSAIDS? I know what RICE is… Rest, Ice, Compression, elevation.(Yeah that’s right)

But what is NSAIDS?

How long to Heel? I made a funny…

They won’t tolerate “rest” or staying off of it. However, it is def. impairing my performance to run routes fast and make sharp cuts. I’m looking sloppy that’s for sure.

You think it would be able to tolerate such impacts given I’ve walked on it all my life!

-Get Lifted

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/foot/bruisedheel.htm

Interesting… In other words. I probably need to stay off of it until it heels. (funny again)

Oh they are not going to like this. I have fat on the bottom of my heel and it got pushed to the sides which may explain why I have a sore lump on the inside of my heel as well.

-Get Lifted

Going to see the doctor for this and see what he advises.

Thanks Mike Robertson.

Dr. Ryan was right I don’t supinate like I originally stated. Contrary I have a “slight” pronation.

I can’t tell… Will see what the doc says about how my foot is.

-Get Lifted