Dr. Pangloss - Drop Some Knowledge

This thread is for the good Dr. to drop any knowledge he wishes to impart on us. Every time that guy posts I feel like I’ve learned something.

So, Dr., what do you want to teach us today?

If he doesn’t bring it up, don’t sleep on his interior design skills. Dude has a #1, top notch stabbin’ cabin, that I imagine just melts panties off.

Ooooh!

Edit: Bean’s post wasn’t there when I posted. Cartoon NOT related to contents of said post.

~awkward~

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
Ooooh!

Edit: Bean’s post wasn’t there when I posted. Cartoon NOT related to contents of said post.

~awkward~[/quote]

yeah, that’s about right.

Dear Dr. Pangloss,

Am I compromising strength if my mortises in a coffee table come up the top of the leg? I’m an amateur with the router so rather than drop the piece onto the moving bit or plunge with the edge guide, I want to start on the end grain and do a stop cut. But I’m worried there isn’t enough wood and that tearout will make a mess and that it will be weak. Then again if it’s all glue up well and supported by a corner brace it ought to be fine, no?

Sincerely,
Rustled Routress in Canadia

excellent idea for a thread!

[quote]debraD wrote:
Dear Dr. Pangloss,

Am I compromising strength if my mortises in a coffee table come up the top of the leg? I’m an amateur with the router so rather than drop the piece onto the moving bit or plunge with the edge guide, I want to start on the end grain and do a stop cut. But I’m worried there isn’t enough wood and that tearout will make a mess and that it will be weak. Then again if it’s all glue up well and supported by a corner brace it ought to be fine, no?

Sincerely,
Rustled Routress in Canadia

[/quote]
As I was reading this post, I suddenly had an erection for some reason. Hmph… weird.

Do not tempt him shallow ones! Is not the miracle of the juniper bushes enough?

He’s not the messiah, he’s just a very naughty boy.

The good Doctor’s knowledge is best when it comes spontaneously, not when it is summoned in such general fashion.

Do not take him for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

you all know that he is not a real doctor, right?

he just plays one on the Telly~

I’m Not One Of Those Fancy College-Educated Doctors

[quote]twojarslave wrote:

[/quote]

The Onion is genius.

[quote]twojarslave wrote:

[/quote]

“No matter what they say, advanced graduate studies won’t teach you when somebody needs a shot of whiskey.” Thank you, this made my day.

Thanks Lanky, although this might just be the most polite call-out I’ve ever seen on TN. I always knew the class of 2007 was soft.

If anyone cares about trading and financial markets, I’m having a lot of fun putting down my thoughts and experiences in this thread: Price of Oil - Politics and World Issues - Forums - T Nation

I was away from the computer much of today visiting a friend in the hospital. Last week, he woke up and his back was sore. By about 9 AM his legs started to tingle and he was paralyzed from just below his diaphragm down by 11 AM. It turns out he has transitive myelitis. He had a virus which made its was to his spine and caused inflammation of the myelin sheath over his spinal cord. He’s at a great hospital, although his doc has only seen 2 other cases before in his career. The guy is young, 3 kids, looking at being out of work maybe a year or so. The prognosis is uncertain but some improvement is expected. Going to be a long road for him.

Oh, and on this day in 1861 Kansas entered the Union as the 34th state.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
Thanks Lanky, although this might just be the most polite call-out I’ve ever seen on TN. I always knew the class of 2007 was soft.

If anyone cares about trading and financial markets, I’m having a lot of fun putting down my thoughts and experiences in this thread: Price of Oil - Politics and World Issues - Forums - T Nation

I was away from the computer much of today visiting a friend in the hospital. Last week, he woke up and his back was sore. By about 9 AM his legs started to tingle and he was paralyzed from just below his diaphragm down by 11 AM. It turns out he has transitive myelitis. He had a virus which made its was to his spine and caused inflammation of the myelin sheath over his spinal cord. He’s at a great hospital, although his doc has only seen 2 other cases before in his career. The guy is young, 3 kids, looking at being out of work maybe a year or so. The prognosis is uncertain but some improvement is expected. Going to be a long road for him.

[/quote]
Myasthenia gravis? That is classic symptoms by the way.

Good luck man.

Thanks Lanky, although this might just be the most polite call-out I’ve ever seen on TN. I always knew the class of 2007 was soft.[/quote]

Still butthurt over this post?

http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/2009_members?id=3045365&pageNo=0

Just remember, I insulted the class of 2009 almost 6 years before you insulted the class of 2007. And the butthurt remains.

[quote]If anyone cares about trading and financial markets, I’m having a lot of fun putting down my thoughts and experiences in this thread: Price of Oil - Politics and World Issues - Forums - T Nation

[/quote]

Sorry about your friend, hope he has LTD and makes a full recovery.

[/quote]

Did his doc refer to it as ‘Guillain-Barre syndrome’?

Right now, they’re calling is post-viral transverse myelitis. I wanted to keep the focus more on him and what he needs from his friends and to help his family rather than playing House MD. I don’t think he needs me suggesting he eat only pasteured eggs and 3 grams of fish oil a day, lol.

Edit: I mistakenly called it transitive myelitis earlier. It’s transverse myelitis.