Dr. King Urban Legends

The original post was about Martin Luther King.

HH managed to lie in the first sentence:

“As a great admirer of Dr. King’s”

That’s a lie right there. He’s not an admirer. He tries to smear the mans name.

“I would like to hunt down and see if he used to beat white prostitutes.”

That’s another lie. If you scroll down to article 4 of the link HH provided you can read this:

4) Ralph David Abernathy did acknowledge in his 1989 autobiography, And the Walls Came Tumbling Down, that Martin Luther King engaged in extramarital affairs (evidence of which was somtimes recorded by the FBI through hotel room bugs), but he says absolutely nothing in his book about King’s supposed “obsession with white prostitutes,” King’s using “church donations to have drunken sex parties,” or King’s hiring “white prostitutes and occasionally beating them brutally.” In fact, Abernathy states quite emphatically that he never knew King to have any sexual involvement with white women at all: …
and
A recent biography has suggested without quite saying so that Martin had affairs with white women as well as black. Such a suggestion is without foundation. I can say with the greatest confidence that he was never attracted to white women and had nothing to do with them, despite the opportunities that may have presented themselves.

So the guy is trying to hunt down, but he wouldn’t go that far as to scroll down in the link he provided ? ? ? Some great white hunter indeed.

You’re not fooling anyone HH.
You’re a liar and you try to smear Dr. Kings name.

[quote]Skystud wrote:
Headhunter, I hope you choke.[/quote]

Lol!

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

That’s another lie. If you scroll down to article 4 of the link HH provided you can read this:

4) Ralph David Abernathy did acknowledge in his 1989 autobiography, And the Walls Came Tumbling Down, that Martin Luther King engaged in extramarital affairs (evidence of which was somtimes recorded by the FBI through hotel room bugs), but he says absolutely nothing in his book about King’s supposed “obsession with white prostitutes,” King’s using “church donations to have drunken sex parties,” or King’s hiring “white prostitutes and occasionally beating them brutally.” In fact, Abernathy states quite emphatically that he never knew King to have any sexual involvement with white women at all: …
and
A recent biography has suggested without quite saying so that Martin had affairs with white women as well as black. Such a suggestion is without foundation. I can say with the greatest confidence that he was never attracted to white women and had nothing to do with them, despite the opportunities that may have presented themselves.

So the guy is trying to hunt down, but he wouldn’t go that far as to scroll down in the link he provided ? ? ? Some great white hunter indeed.

You’re a liar and you try to smear Dr. Kings name.[/quote]

Wreckless, I hope you choke.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Wreckless wrote:

and

[/quote]

And another lie. You love me. I KNOW you love me.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

And another lie. You love me. I KNOW you love me.[/quote]

Issues?

Anyway, now that our requisite insult quota is met for this thread: I truly admire the man and the message he brought. I know you don’t believe that, but what the heck…

I’m actually disappointed in his private life though, which really has no impact on his teachings. I just find it fascinating how, for many world-historical figures, their private lives do not match their public image.

Now, go ahead and flame away. I’m sure you’ll figure out how to make this post as somehow being of evil intent, and on and on.

Have a nice day!!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I’m actually disappointed in his private life though, which really has no impact on his teachings. I just find it fascinating how, for many world-historical figures, their private lives do not match their public image.
[/quote]

Shit floats.

I had to edit this to specify that I’m referring to “many world-historical figures” and not MLK specifically.

And I’d like to make clear that there is no proof whatsoever that MLK ever accepted any money from any communist organisation.
That he ever met with prostitutes or mounted them while screaming “I’m fucking for Jay-sus”

It’s disturbing that people, while claiming to admire the man, are so eager to believe these lies, then pretend to be disappointed about his private life.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
And I’d like to make clear that there is no proof whatsoever that MLK ever accepted any money from any communist organisation.
That he ever met with prostitutes or mounted them while screaming “I’m fucking for Jay-sus”

It’s disturbing that people, while claiming to admire the man, are so eager to believe these lies, then pretend to be disappointed about his private life.

[/quote]

What I find hilarious are the numbers of those who will jump to the call with cat like reflexes if anyone dare say something negative about Lincoln…while writing in a thread attempting to deface a man considered by many to be a modern day hero and leader and ignoring that issue for the most part.

The thread starter and this topic have earned about equal respect from me. That deserves an award because that took effort.

I guess this confirms why it pays to give this section as little attention as possible.

Did anyone click on the link? Wreckless, you said you always do. There, even his family, friends, people at his divinity school, say these things — he plagarized, cheated on his wife, and so forth. Your argument is with them. You’re attacking the messenger.

Prof X, welcome to the discussion! Are you sure you can stand up to my ‘wake of destruction’ (as in destroying all your little childhood icons, like MLK and LBJ)? It wasn’t my intent to impugn Michael (cough, cough,…) MARTIN, but now that you’re here…

[quote]Michael570 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Shit floats.

I had to edit this to specify that I’m referring to “many world-historical figures” and not MLK specifically.[/quote]

Sure, … we know what you really meant. ‘The heart speaks before the brain.’ — Freud

[quote]Michael570 wrote:

Shit floats.
[/quote]
That’s also a valid theory to explain why HH threads are often found at the top of the thread list.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Michael570 wrote:

Shit floats.

That’s also a valid theory to explain why HH threads are often found at the top of the thread list.

[/quote]

The only theory, really.

What is up with this corny thread?

[quote]lovehunter wrote:
What is up with this corny thread?[/quote]

I asked if anyone knew of a good, objective read about Dr. King. Since most think I simply started asking questions to impugn the good doctor, it turned into somewhat of a flame fest. Ah well… the libs can’t admit that Dr. King had character flaws and have probably never read anything about him at all.

“We must all learn to live together as brothers, or perish together as fools.”
— MLK

Guess the libs weren’t feeling brotherly.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
lovehunter wrote:
What is up with this corny thread?

I asked if anyone knew of a good, objective read about Dr. King. Since most think I simply started asking questions to impugn the good doctor, it turned into somewhat of a flame fest. Ah well… the libs can’t admit that Dr. King had character flaws and have probably never read anything about him at all.

“We must all learn to live together as brothers, or perish together as fools.”
— MLK

Guess the libs weren’t feeling brotherly.

[/quote]

Maybe he had flaws but the site cited was kind of hokey to start off with. That was my impression on the subject at hand.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Did anyone click on the link? Wreckless, you said you always do. There, even his family, friends, people at his divinity school, say these things — he plagarized, cheated on his wife, and so forth. Your argument is with them. You’re attacking the messenger.

Prof X, welcome to the discussion! Are you sure you can stand up to my ‘wake of destruction’ (as in destroying all your little childhood icons, like MLK and LBJ)? It wasn’t my intent to impugn Michael (cough, cough,…) MARTIN, but now that you’re here…[/quote]

Yes, I clicked the link. I even scrolled down the page. It mentions 4 points:

1. His real name is Michael
  2. He plagiarized part of his doctoral degree. He also plagiarized his famous “I have a dream” speech
  3. He accepted money from communist organisations.
  4. One of King’s closest friends, Rev. Ralph Abernathy, wrote a book in 1989 in which he talked about King’s obsession with white prostitutes. He hired white prostitutes and beat them.

The link you provided adressed these points like this. You would have noticed it had you clicked your own link and scrolled down. Since you’re not able to do this, I’ll do it for you (only this once) and sumn it up for you.

1. Big deal.
  2. He had plagiarized portions of his doctoral dissertation.
    About his famous speech.
    The only similarity between Carey’s and King’s speech occurs in their perorations: both speeches end with a recitation of the first verse of Samuel Francis Smith’s popular patriotic hymn “America” and a listing of several American geographic locations from which the speakers exhort their listeners to “let freedom ring”.
  3. The FBI was unable to uncover any credible evidence of active participation or funding between the Communist party and the SCLC. And they DID try.
  4. The book doesn’t mention prostitutes of any color.

Let’s cut the crap. You DID scroll down that link. You saw that only 2 things stuck: He plagarized and cheated on his wife. You didn’t like that, it doesn’t make headlines. So you ignored it.

You pretented to be an admirer, disappointed because the man brutalised white prostitutes. You knew that was false, but hey, how many people click the link and scroll down. And how many people reply when they find out about your smearing.

I do. I always do.

So choose to put up this thread, trying to smear the name of a fallen hero. He had his flaws. He plagarized and cheated on his wife. Perhaps he even had astma.
But he saw the enemy and he died fighting.

The enemy then was a small man with a rifle.
The enemy now is a small man with an internet connection.

The enemy is you.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Prof X, welcome to the discussion! Are you sure you can stand up to my ‘wake of destruction’ (as in destroying all your little childhood icons, like MLK and LBJ)? It wasn’t my intent to impugn Michael (cough, cough,…) MARTIN, but now that you’re here…

Yes, I clicked the link. I even scrolled down the page. It mentions 4 points:

1. His real name is Michael
  2. He plagiarized part of his doctoral degree. He also plagiarized his famous “I have a dream” speech
  3. He accepted money from communist organisations.
  4. One of King’s closest friends, Rev. Ralph Abernathy, wrote a book in 1989 in which he talked about King’s obsession with white prostitutes. He hired white prostitutes and beat them.

The link you provided adressed these points like this. You would have noticed it had you clicked your own link and scrolled down. Since you’re not able to do this, I’ll do it for you (only this once) and sumn it up for you.

1. Big deal.
  2. He had plagiarized portions of his doctoral dissertation.
    About his famous speech.
    The only similarity between Carey’s and King’s speech occurs in their perorations: both speeches end with a recitation of the first verse of Samuel Francis Smith’s popular patriotic hymn “America” and a listing of several American geographic locations from which the speakers exhort their listeners to “let freedom ring”.
  3. The FBI was unable to uncover any credible evidence of active participation or funding between the Communist party and the SCLC. And they DID try.
  4. The book doesn’t mention prostitutes of any color.

Let’s cut the crap. You DID scroll down that link. You saw that only 2 things stuck: He plagarized and cheated on his wife. You didn’t like that, it doesn’t make headlines. So you ignored it.

You pretented to be an admirer, disappointed because the man brutalised white prostitutes. You knew that was false, but hey, how many people click the link and scroll down. And how many people reply when they find out about your smearing.

I do. I always do.

So choose to put up this thread, trying to smear the name of a fallen hero. He had his flaws. He plagarized and cheated on his wife. Perhaps he even had astma.
But he saw the enemy and he died fighting.

The enemy then was a small man with a rifle.
The enemy now is a small man with an internet connection.

The enemy is you.[/quote]

Um…nowhere do I say that the bit about the white prostitutes is true. If you weren’t blinded by hatred, you could read that for yourself.

Some people use the internet intelligently. Others use it to insult. You don’t do the first and fail miserably at the second.

Wreckless,

You also misread (and misrepresented)the link regarding #4. If you’re going to set up a strawman, at least do it intelligently.

You really should be ashamed of your behavior on this site.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Um…nowhere do I say that the bit about the white prostitutes is true. If you weren’t blinded by hatred, you could read that for yourself.[/quote]

Did you say: “I would like to hunt down and see if he used to beat white prostitutes. I HAD read that he used to fuck white prostitutes while screaming: “I’m fucking for Jay-sus!!”. That was apparently on an FBI tape.”
Or didn’t you?

Of course, you didn’t say it was actually true, but you somehow implied it. It’s a bit like Bush, always mentioning Saddam and Iraq together with the 9/11 attacks. Never really claiming they were linked, but always implying they were.

No, that would be you.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Wreckless,

You also misread (and misrepresented)the link regarding #4. If you’re going to set up a strawman, at least do it intelligently.
[/quote]
Can you put in a little extra effort and point out where I’m wrong?

[quote]
You really should be ashamed of your behavior on this site.[/quote]

You’re projecting your own situation on me again. You really have no shame do you?

If you take the cape off the grand dragon, you usually find a lizard.