Dr. John's Chili Con Carne

I made this dish the other day and it seems everytime i eat it diarrhea hits me shortly after. Now, this stuff is amazing and so easy goble up, but why am i getting the shits and is there any way to prevent this besides not eating it? Thx.

[quote]un33q wrote:
I made this dish the other day and it seems everytime i eat it diarrhea hits me shortly after. Now, this stuff is amazing and so easy goble up, but why am i getting the shits and is there any way to prevent this besides not eating it? Thx.[/quote]

Chances are you have poor hygiene in the kitchen.

Make sure the meat is cooked through.

Make sure you wash everything after you handle raw meat.

Before chilling/freezing - ensure cooled to room temperature first.

Once reheated, dont reheat again.

When reheating ensure piping hot throughout - stir it occasionally when reheating to ensure everything is evenly heated.

If its definitely not your hygiene, you may have a tomato
intolerence, my father has an intolerance for tomatoes which presents as with similar effects to what you are describing, this is of course assume there are tomatoes in the chilli!

as mentioned above make sure the meat is cooked well

but i would say the likely cause is a food sensitivity/allergy/intolerance, could you list all the ingredients you used ?

do you normally eat a lot of fiber ? people who have low fiber intake and then gobble up chili or other legume heavy dishes might have digestive issues

4 lbs extra lean ground beef (96%)
4 cans kidney beans (15.5 oz per can), drained and rinsed
2 large onions, chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
4 bell peppers �?? 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange, cut into 1/2-inch squares
6 cloves garlic, chopped
Two 46-fl oz bottles V8 vegetable juice, spicy hot
Cashew meal

Spices:

4 tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp fresh ground pepper

These are the ingredients used and i cooked the beef for quite a long time it wouldve been cooked properly.

Im going with your body not being used to a shit tonne of fiber then!