Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Reviews

To anyone who has the book is it any good? I was thinking of buying it,  have heard some great reviews from T-Nation members. 

What kind of workouts are outlined for goals like gaining mass and fatloss, is it mostly split routines?

I loved it.

Very informative, and I got a lot more than what I expected.

You can see his fat loss routine that’s outlined in his ebook in my fat-loss post appropriately named “SWR’s Fat-Loss Log (22 Weeks)”. I started using his program towards the bottom of page 6 in the post.

His fat-loss plan goes from a volume dominate approach for 4 weeks with moderate cardio, to Density dominate with moderate cardio for another 4 weeks; then 3 weeks of heavy loading dominate with high cardio, to 3 weeks of volume dominate with high cardio; then 3 weeks density dominate with high cardio, and finally 1 week of “shape peaking”.

He also outlines what diet to use and when to use it.

It’s very detailed.

It all comes together when you read the ebook, and with any other book that includes a program, it makes more sense after reading it first.

The WO plan is the least important part of the ebook anyway. A lot of great info in it IMO.

wow, seems like a very detailed book I think I have to get it now.

thanks I checked out your thread before but could not figure out when you started the w/o.

looks like not to many people bought the book.

[quote]DION88 wrote:
looks like not to many people bought the book.[/quote]

There are also a lot of reviews in it’s original thread here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1193783

so does the book have in detail training cycles for specific goals like fat loss building lean mass? nutritional and diet set up? I am most likely going to buy this e-book tonight start the training on monday.

just realized I asked something similar to this…

So this would be good for a bodybuilder? Not just an average person?

[quote]Brendan Ryan wrote:
So this would be good for a bodybuilder? Not just an average person?[/quote]

I’d say it’s for anyone who wants to train to make their body look better, as long as their idea of looking better means adding muscle and losing fat.

I’m finding the training very challenging, and also enjoyable (I was trying to think of a word that’s the opposite of boring).

One last question when making your diet does CT advise people to take protein shakes? can you skip that and replace it with food? I know this is a beaten subject but every damn time I start taking protein shakes, my face starts looking like a pizza.

[quote]DION88 wrote:
One last question when making your diet does CT advise people to take protein shakes? can you skip that and replace it with food? I know this is a beaten subject but every damn time I start taking protein shakes, my face starts looking like a pizza. [/quote]

Yea, whole foods are better than liquid nutrition any day, except maybe for pre and post-workout, and possibly after fasting (when you wake up).

There’s never a need to take protein shakes. They’re just a convenience.

thanks…gonna order the book tomorrow morning so that I have time to download it.

it is a must have