Dr. Darden Picture?

Dr. Darden,

Please pardon the occasional douchebag on this site. When on the 'net, they occasionally cannot be avoided.

MikeShank,

You created an entire thread just to belittle somebody who is actually quite respectable. You sir… are a fucking tool.

[quote]MikeShank wrote:

That last statement is pretty stupid. Judging somebody’s knowledge in say astrophysics by their physique is stupid…in the bodybuilding world it is essential.
[/quote]

False. Even heard of genetics? Ellington never had the capacity to be as big as Arnold, no matter how he trained. Physical abilities and attributes have NOTHING to do with one’s level of knowledge.

First of all, weight training was only a small part of Arthur Jones’ life- he happened to run a handful of sucessful international business operations and travelled constantly. Most people in his shoes would not be able to train consistently.

Secondly, it is not necessary to train oneself to develop training methods. Jones trained other people, which is a far superior type of experience than simply training oneself.

By the way, SHANK, you’re a dick.

Hey, Mike Skank… How’s this?

[quote]MikeShank wrote:
I only started to recently find out what worked for me by actually “getting under the bar”.[/quote]

That sums it all up prety well.

Maybe Dr. Darden does not have an interest in being huge at 60. But strong, healthy, and active. Which he is.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
MikeShank wrote:

That last statement is pretty stupid. Judging somebody’s knowledge in say astrophysics by their physique is stupid…in the bodybuilding world it is essential.

False. Even heard of genetics? Ellington never had the capacity to be as big as Arnold, no matter how he trained. Physical abilities and attributes have NOTHING to do with one’s level of knowledge.

How do you know he didn’t have the genetics? Not saying this is true, but maybe Darden didn’t eat or train as productively as he was capable (him not even knowing what that is exactly…) Don’t get offended now, as you cannot tell me what someone else is capable of unless you trained him yourself!

how can jones’s conclusions be considered valid if he wasn’t even using them himself.
Plus the fact that he wasn’t consistent tells me he violates one of the most important principles of fitness…that being of consistency. If he couldn’t even create a program to which he couldn’t stick to, then I would seriously question the programs validity.

Would you say about an obese indivual trying to coach people on how to get lean? Would you take a man with 30% BF and little or no training experience, but had the knowledge of Christian Thibadeau, seriously?

First of all, weight training was only a small part of Arthur Jones’ life- he happened to run a handful of sucessful international business operations and travelled constantly. Most people in his shoes would not be able to train consistently.

How couldn’t he? Training was to be brief. Correct? How could he not spare 45min 3 times a week? Lord knows he didn’t spend a lot of time eating and preparing meals like a lot of today’s BB.

Secondly, it is not necessary to train oneself to develop training methods. Jones trained other people, which is a far superior type of experience than simply training oneself.

[/quote]

I agree completely.

I am glad to see that you hold this guy to another standard than you hold all other gurus to.
If he is so respectable then why does he do those b.s. bowflex commercials.

go buy 6 of his books and tell me what the first thing you notice.
outside of the number of pictures of guys he has never trained, you will notice that all the books are remarkably the same.

Ask him about his days of training in mud. Did that build his Mr. America body?
Arthur jones can be a chain smoking slob and yet you all give him a free pass? He has other things going on in his life…international businesses?

Build bigger arms in a couple of weeks? For christ sakes, if anybody else printed an article like that you guys would scream for a lynching.
I also guess you can take that picture of arnold and shove it up your butt being he gets free pass since he has “other” things going on. He only runs the worlds 5th largest economy.

Arthur jones is looking jacked under a t-shirt next to a baby elephant and everything he says is law? He magically beat up arnold according to this guy?

Why is this thread still here? This is as dumb/unfounded as the one attacking Chad Waterbury.

[quote]MikeShank wrote:
Dr. Darden,
I don’t mean to trash you here.

but the first thing I thought of when I saw your picture was that you were sick.

What gives?
[/quote]

Well done, you opened a can of worms here.

Arthur Jones looked jacked in that baby elephant picture bare-chested… no T-shirt.

First you tell us there is no consistancy then you tell us his books are all the same? Maybe YOU need a dictionary.

And the Arnold picture makes the point. You just don’t like it 'cause it makes you look like an ass.

And as far as Arnold (who I truly admire by the way) having other things to do… You may want to look up Arthur’s achievements. (or Ellington’s achievements for that matter) This guy was REALLY busy.

Do us a favor and read “Florida Dreamin” on Dr. Darden’s site. This is a guy who knows how to get results quick.

And NO we would not go nuts if another author claimed such huge gains in a “dare” type article. I think a bunch of us would give it a shot just like we did for Ellington. If it worked, you’d know it. If it didn’t you know that too. Ellington put a lot on the line in his “Bigger Arms” article.

And where is your picture again?

By the way, he never claimed Jones beat up Arnold. He threatened to. Get your facts straight.

I’ve been wrong before here on T-Nation (God knows). It sucks when you type something and realize later that you screwed up. Why don’t you stop perpetuating your moronic views and appologize to Ellington?

As an aside, I’ve gained quite well with HIT. I’ve also gained quite well on a modified Westside protocol and am hitting strongman stuff hard right now. Ellington’s style deserves as much respect as anyone else. Why don’t you show it?

Dear MikeShank,

you suck.

Sincerely,
T-Nation.

[quote]MikeShank wrote:
I think it is pretty weak that you are given credit for doing things that average, fit people do everyday. I have at least two dozen clients over the age of 65 who do as much if not more than your wife listed in a day and don’t act like it is such a big deal.
It may be a big deal when you compare yourself to the "average"63 year old in this country, but then again, that is not saying much.
Also, most importantly I don’t think your ability to change diapers is going to do much for my PR in the bench.
The first thing I thought when I looked at that picture is “YODA”
[/quote]

MikeShank,

Do you mind posting a picture of yourself, like others have asked? I’m sure the people here won’t mind giving you some constructive criticism. :wink:

Jason.

[quote]MikeShank wrote:
Build bigger arms in a couple of weeks? For christ sakes, if anybody else printed an article like that you guys would scream for a lynching.
[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1068503

Where is this pic of Dr. Darden?

Can someone repost it?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Where is this pic of Dr. Darden?

Can someone repost it?[/quote]

Its in yesterday’s article. Which was a great one by the way. Check it out!

TSB

[quote]Tstud_9 wrote:
TSB[/quote]

I can’t beleive I just wasted 8 minutes of my life reading through this, hoping I could be the first to TSB this world class D-bag.

guess not, but second is what I’ll have to take.

TSB