Downloading Free Music

Ok seriously… just use demonoid… its pretty much the best route now that oink is gone.

[quote]Amiright wrote:
Ok seriously… just use demonoid… its pretty much the best route now that oink is gone. [/quote]

ditto, getting a demonoid account was the best thing I ever did

You guys and demonoid… that place is a cesspool, if you were cool like me you’d have an account with an actual private torrent site :slight_smile:

Download Vdownloader at http://vdownloader.com/, it’s a free downloading system that has the capability to convert any youtube video into MP3 files.

Since you are creating a file from a webpage there is no risk for viruses. I have created well over 200 files and have had no troubles so far.

Of course, this assumes the song you are looking for is on youtube (it may work on other sites, but no promises), but damn near everything is on youtube.

I’m having a good laugh at the people recommending private trackers.

You could always ‘record’ web audio streams.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]print wrote:
^True, but you can’t download. They also don’t have as much to choose from.[/quote]
Why can’t you download?

But you are right - a lot of the time more obscure/less known genres are posted on blogs.[/quote]

You can download it to their jukebox & play it from computer. What you can’t do, is transfer it from there to your I-pod/MP-3 player.

Just a word of caution about torrents. Most of the time when you’re downloading, you’re also sharing. I’m a network admin at a college and before we blocked torrents we got tons of violation letters from the RIAA. The most common application in the complaint letters was bittorrent.

I know this doesn’t address the original question, just throwing it out there. I have no personal opinion whether it’s right or wrong.

And to answer the original question, Amazon.com . They don’t have all that hokey DRM bullshit. You can transfer the MP3 wherever you want. Itunes sucks.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
And to answer the original question, Amazon.com . They don’t have all that hokey DRM bullshit. You can transfer the MP3 wherever you want. Itunes sucks.[/quote]

Not anymore. iTunes music is now DRM free has been for a while.

But that’s irrelevant to the thread since its about free music downloads.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
And to answer the original question, Amazon.com . They don’t have all that hokey DRM bullshit. You can transfer the MP3 wherever you want. Itunes sucks.[/quote]

Not anymore. iTunes music is now DRM free has been for a while.[/quote]

That’s good to hear. I got turned off by them awhile back because of this and other proprietary issues.

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
You could always ‘record’ web audio streams.
[/quote]

This is the safest option, but might not result in the highest quality. But if you’re not paying for the music, and it’s not offered by a legimate site then nothing is guaranteed.

I just hum whatever tune I want in my own head. I can’t sing or play music, but I sure as hell can hum along to anything and once you do that, if you start humming a song, your mind will start hearing the song. I’m not shitting you, try it out. Fuck an Ipod. Do it right now with Eye of the tiger. Thats a good starter song. Just to the opening Dun, Dun Dun Dun, and the song will start palying in your head.

V

Audiophile here, so all that music sounds like shit to me.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
I just hum whatever tune I want in my own head. I can’t sing or play music, but I sure as hell can hum along to anything and once you do that, if you start humming a song, your mind will start hearing the song. I’m not shitting you, try it out. Fuck an Ipod. Do it right now with Eye of the tiger. Thats a good starter song. Just to the opening Dun, Dun Dun Dun, and the song will start palying in your head.

V[/quote]

^This is win.

I generally find most stuff on Pirate Bay and download them using uTorrent but if you’re looking for single songs, try out http://mp3bear.com/

Found lots of songs on there and you can play them before you download so you can tell if the quality is ok. I don’t recommend recording songs off YouTube cause the audio quality sucks.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

V[/quote]

^This is win.

I generally find most stuff on Pirate Bay and download them using uTorrent but if you’re looking for single songs, try out http://mp3bear.com/

Found lots of songs on there and you can play them before you download so you can tell if the quality is ok. I don’t recommend recording songs off YouTube cause the audio quality sucks.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

V[/quote]

Thanks Vegita. It worked better than expected. Not only did I hear the song, I also saw the Rocky montage in my mind.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:

V[/quote]

Thanks Vegita. It worked better than expected. Not only did I hear the song, I also saw the Rocky montage in my mind.[/quote]

It’s like I’m actually flying along side Superman right now.

I would think people who have decent jobs and a good amount of discretionary spending would buy music instead of pirating it.