Down to 252, Any Supplements Now?

I have recently decided to get off my butt and try to change my lifestyle and lose weight and get into shape. I weighed at one time a fat 325 pounds but in the last 5 months I have been working out with a trainer and am now down to 252 pounds and I am now starting to see some huge differences in my upper body and my legs.

I never thought I could look like I do now (which isnt saying much compared to most of the people on here)but I am getting really into lifting and working out. I am currently working out 5-6 days a week.

I recently started taking N.O. Explode which I really like as well as a whey protien shake. Is there any other supplements that might benefit me in helping me reach my goals of losing more weight and building more muscle mass.

Good work so far!!

Personally, I would dump the NO products and use that money toward the following:

1. Protein powder (which you are already doing)
  2. Creatine monohydrate
  3. Fish oil capsules

Thanks for the reply

What does the Fish Oil do?

[quote]phatmike wrote:
Good work so far!!

Personally, I would dump the NO products and use that money toward the following:

2. Creatine monohydrate
  3. Fish oil capsules[/quote]

[quote]stillearning1 wrote:
Thanks for the reply

What does the Fish Oil do?

phatmike wrote:
Good work so far!!

2. Creatine monohydrate
  3. Fish oil capsules

[/quote]

It does Everything. Oh, and I second everything phatmike said too. The biochemistry of NO-Xplode is spurious at best. NO is a free radical. It is one of a very few radicals that serve physiologically relevant purposes for the body. However, it is tightly regulated by the body because of its radical nature.

NO-Xplode is worthless, unless you’re fine with paying through the nose for 5-10 minutes of pumps. After about 15 minutes, the supp becomes worthless and potentially toxic.

Also, you’ll probably want to start HOT-ROX. I take it you’ve already gotten the foundational habits done, like 5-6 meals/day, veggies w/every meal, moderate to lower healthy carbs, no processed crap, etc.

Basically, if you have mastered Berardi’s “7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutrition Programs” article, grab some HOT-ROX. If not, you must go at least 6 weeks performing all 7 habits flawlessly (no goofs) before you get to try HOT-ROX. After that, go for it.

Oh, and great work! 75 lb down in 5 months? That’s awesome. That’s almost 4 lb a week. Keep it up, but don’t be too surprised if it slows eventually. That’s to be expected after a while. Stay strong.

Thanks for the advice!!! I have not put any type of fattening foods, sugars etc… in my body in the last 5 months. I feel better then I have in many years!!! I will pick up HOT-ROX as you suggested. Any other suggestions that you think of would be greatly appreciated!!!

How long have you been taking the No-explode? have you had results with it? If you have been taking it a while and its working continue to take it. if you have just picked it up give it a try, if you dont notice a huge difference drop it.

I have seen people that no-explode works well with and ive seen some people it does nothing too.

Ive been taking it for about 2 weeks now. It deffinatly gives me a kick start and I do feel like I am working out harder of course it could just be a placebo effect. I do also get a better pump with it but not quit as big as I have read from others. A friend of mine got me started on it and he lives by the stuff. I havent had any type of bad side effects with it so far.

As I say, use the bottle, if you like it keep it up. also use fish oil.

Sounds like your on a mission~

1. Congratulations good job, enjoy the journey.
    Well I’d recommend or, second, HRX - HOT-ROX Extreme.

Since it sounds like your really working hard I’d also recommend Flameout, I’ve tried it and noticed it does a damn good job. 4 caps a day.

If your finding yourself mentally exhausted/fatigued after a few days into those long sessions, I’d also recommend Power Drive and Metabolic Drive Surge.

You can always browse the Supplements and Nutrition section, and/or go to the store section and select the more info option under each product for forum discussion and Q&A.

• If you want to take your time with supplements, I’d recommend at least HRX. Flameout if your starting to deal with aches,tendonitis etc. It’s also much better then the generic fish oil at the store :slight_smile:

I am now at 218 and still going. My body fat is down to 14.8 down from 31.5 when I started. My goal is to his 205 which has proven to be more difficult as of late. My weight isnt doing anything right now. Any suggestions on what I can do to get the last 13 pounds off?

[quote]stillearning1 wrote:
I am now at 218 and still going. My body fat is down to 14.8 down from 31.5 when I started. My goal is to his 205 which has proven to be more difficult as of late. My weight isnt doing anything right now. Any suggestions on what I can do to get the last 13 pounds off?[/quote]

First of all, congratulations! I know what it’s like to transform from fat to fit and I know it’s not easy, so good job.

If your weight loss is slowing, make sure you’re really tight with your diet. If the diet is spot on, maybe add in some extra cardio or an extra workout day. If that still doesn’t work, try double-dosing fish oil with lunch and dinner, or adding in a HOT-ROX kind of product.

It may also be possible that you need to increase your intake for your body to relinquish more fat.

Basically, try a few things and monitor yourself the whole way.

Good luck on the continued progress!