Down a Different Path

I’m going vegan for a month. There are a few reasons why I’m doing it but the main one is I want to get my eating habit in order. I’ve always had issues getting enough calories down. I love food, but I just didn’t take the time or put in any effort to gain any weight. I’ve had pretty much the same body comp at 147# for the past 3-5 years. A few months ago, I decided to train for a sprint triathlon, and finished above average. Three weeks later, I rode my bike in a fundraiser for 100 miles. It took me 8:45 and I didn’t stop once between the 7 pit stops along the way.

Now I’ve decided to go vegan for a month. The entire month of October to be exact. I’ve got reasons that I will probably share along the way but this is the starting point. This is my food log and I’m going to do it my way. With pictures of what I eat.

The reason for the pictures is because I can look at it, and see pretty quickly what I ate and how much I ate. Written logs take to long. I can snap a picture with my phone and guesstimate later. This way, there is no excessive attention to detail, which is what usually get’s me in trouble.

Breakfast today was just a bagel with Earth Balance (EB).
Lunch was a sandwich with cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes, hummus on oatmeal wheat bread (OMW) w/pickle.
Dinner was pasta and sauce. Probably about 2 cups total.

Newman’s Own pasta sauce and macaroni

Day 2
Breakfast was an apple and a plum an a bunch of water
About an hour later was a bagel with EB
Lunch was a hummus sandwich of some kind. I don’t remember exactly.
Dinner was a plethora of green stuff.

I ate most of it.

Day 3
Breakfast: Bagel with EB (i’m starting to see a pattern)
Lunch was a crunchy peanut butter, banana, granola, and raspberry-jalapeno jelly sandwich.

Day 4
Breakfast: Bagel with EB (just to convenient)
Lunch: Hummus, onions, cucumbers, fresh basil, mushrooms, and guacamole on pumpernickel bread.
Dinner: Home made vegan nachos with chips, rice, black beans, salsa, guacamole, and Toffuti sour cream (not very good on it’s own but not bad with other stuff)

NACHOS!!

Day 5
Breakfast: Bagel with EB
Lunch: 5K (crunchy peanut butter, banana, granola, raspberry-jalapeno jam). Seitan, soy mozzarella, spinach, and banana peppers on baguette. Salt and Vinegar chips. 8oz Apple Cider
Dinner: …1 cup black beans

So I didn’t really eat dinner. But only because I ended up staying at the gym later. The pro team was sparing in two cages so I decided to watch for a while. However, I did go 5 days without missing a meal, which I probably haven’t done in a long time.