T Nation

Douchebaggery in the Gym?

So I am watching the typical gym bench press neo-men. Bencher, with loose fitting. medium wife beater. Spotter has under aluminum shirt on…
After they are done with their fiasco, I looked at the guy on the bench, telling him, “that is an interesting way for you to spot him during upright rows”
I don’t think they got it.

hahaha nice!

Bwahhaha! I would’ve horse-laughed them from all the way across the gym if I had heard that shit!

So this is a thread about how you’re a douchebag?

Seriously dude what a jerk. Everybody starts somewhere. Did it occur to you to HELP them instead of just make a joke at their expense when they’re clearly beginners?

You were funnier when your avatar was Barney Fife.

You’re a d-bag, brah!

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
So I am watching the typical gym bench press neo-men. Bencher, with loose fitting. medium wife beater. Spotter has under aluminum shirt on…
After they are done with their fiasco, I looked at the guy on the bench, telling him, “that is an interesting way for you to spot him during upright rows”
[/quote]
Making fun of others is not the best way to help them. And it does not make you look cool either, so double fail.

[quote]AmmaGamla wrote:

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
[/quote]
Making fun of others is not the best way to help them. And it does not make you look cool either, so double fail.[/quote]

It’s nice to see a Tintin avatar here.
It also lets me show my Halloween costume from last year! It’s even a real dog. My boy Louis.

!

So you all think I may have hurt their feelings?
I got them and those that can’t take a joke a shirt to wear…

I’m from Winnipeg, Mangina. It’s a new province between Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

Helping people fucks up mothernatures systems. Natty selection and SOTF shouldnt be tamponed with.

come on JP…ass-to-mouth or it didn’t happen.

I think we can all tell the difference between a beginner doing his best to learn the game and jerkoffs that are… well, jerkoffs that aren’t going to change.

These kids probably had some dickhead comment coming, although I myself would not have said anything. Live and let live.

That’s also why I make my videos of idiots in the gym and don’t confront guys in their face. I’m easy for someone to point out to his friend (“Go stab that 6 foot tall fat guy that looks like Harry Enfield! He insulted me!”) but I’m not going to recognize a Taiwanese guy that’s been told by another guy to come get me. But I guess that could happen anywhere.
So I do it all passive/aggressive like with my camera. Check out “How Not To Work Out” on youtube with the username “nardpuncher”

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
[/quote]

Saying shit like that when you’re 14 is funny.
At 44, no.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
[/quote]

Also, could you tell us how much they were benching. The story could go to a whole new level if it’s a funny weight.
I mean earlier this very day I saw a guy on the bench do 55lbs (yes, he had the bar with a 5lb plate on either side) and then do 65lbs for his next set. Again, I am in Asia I must say, but that’s funny! I mean the guy wasn’t exactly tiny…about 5’8" and 160lbs.

[quote]Nards wrote:
That’s also why I make my videos of idiots in the gym and don’t confront guys in their face. I’m easy for someone to point out to his friend (“Go stab that 6 foot tall fat guy that looks like Harry Enfield! He insulted me!”) but I’m not going to recognize a Taiwanese guy that’s been told by another guy to come get me. But I guess that could happen anywhere.
So I do it all passive/aggressive like with my camera. Check out “How Not To Work Out” on youtube with the username “nardpuncher”[/quote]
I watched your videos, this was my favorite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnqG9zIGwmE

But what you should do is ask the guy what he is doing it for. like…
“hey man, Im just starting out and I’m wondering whats up with that exercise, is it for the glutes or the quads? I’ve never seen it before, is it part of an underground workout?”
Ask permission to videotape the interview and post it, if they don’t speak english you could just translate it.

If you rack-up a weight that you CLEARLY aren’t capable of, and you have your spotter upright-row the shit out of it(for reps), then you deserve to be ridiculed.