T Nation

Double Stimulation with Eccentric-Less Work?

Hi CT,

I’ve been using the double stimulation method for my quads past few weeks and I work my lower body twice a week. So I’m essentially hitting my lower body (including feeder sets) 4x a week. With that being said, my knees are getting a bit sore (i’ve always had this problem), so my question is, for the next day “feeder” sets, would doing some sort of eccentric less work for my quads be ok? For example what I’ve been doing is stationary bike, but on a high resistance level, where its more of a slight grind, and for one minute. I usually do that for 16 minutes, which is about 8 intervals. One minute grinding, one minute rest.

I do feel a decent pump from that, and it is easy on my knees. Do you feel that is a suitable alternative for feeder sets, on days when my knees are aching?

Your input is greatly appreciated! thank you in advance

[quote]parrao79 wrote:
Hi CT,

I’ve been using the double stimulation method for my quads past few weeks and I work my lower body twice a week. So I’m essentially hitting my lower body (including feeder sets) 4x a week. With that being said, my knees are getting a bit sore (i’ve always had this problem), so my question is, for the next day “feeder” sets, would doing some sort of eccentric less work for my quads be ok? For example what I’ve been doing is stationary bike, but on a high resistance level, where its more of a slight grind, and for one minute. I usually do that for 16 minutes, which is about 8 intervals. One minute grinding, one minute rest.

I do feel a decent pump from that, and it is easy on my knees. Do you feel that is a suitable alternative for feeder sets, on days when my knees are aching?

Your input is greatly appreciated! thank you in advance[/quote]

Yeah that’s fine … I did that with Daryl Gee a few years ago

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]parrao79 wrote:
Hi CT,

Your input is greatly appreciated! thank you in advance[/quote]

Yeah that’s fine … I did that with Daryl Gee a few years ago[/quote]

Thanks CT, I appreciate your response!