Double Nickel

I was guessing core strength and stabilization but I figured I would ask. I may try it with some dumbbells.

Nice work on the pulls. I’m guessing you’re right that 600 is probably there now.

A couple of things:

1. I just found this log for the first time. Holy shit. I, like several others that posted earlier in this thread, have seen plenty of your posts elsewhere but had no idea what a beast was lurking behind those posts.

2. We share a lot in our approach to training. Two things that caught my eye in this thread are a) the affinity for unequally loaded / 1-arm exercises and b) especially the 1-arm clean and press. I do that movement frequently with a kettlebell if I’m training at home (my heaviest is an 88) or a dumbbell at the gym. At some point, I want to do this with a 106-pound kettlebell, which meets the RKC’s Level II pressing standard…but doing that with 130-140 pounds requires some serious “anaconda strength” indeed. I’m also a big fan of things like 1-armed carries (suitcase carries, as Dan John calls them, or waiter walks for the overhead version) or farmer’s carries with unequal loads - because, as you said, in the “real world” you’re not always picking up two uniform objects.

Anyways…great log, and please keep logging, I’m sure that I’ll pick up some useful nuggets and ideas here.

Little g balls, or big G. balls?

You have some very interesting things going on in here. Very industrious, you are.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
You have some very interesting things going on in here. Very industrious, you are. [/quote]

I’m not sure what to make of that.

;-)[/quote]
What’s to make? I find your training to be industrious. That’s a good thing.

This is a fun log, Push.

Carrying uneven loads around, and with this many creative ways to use some plates and duct tape… And we’ve seen you’re threads about shooting…You’d be handy to have around in a zombie apocalypse.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Almost finished my normal workout drink of dextrose, amino acids and citric acid when I noticed my shake bottle had mold in several places. Black mold. Don’t you hate it when that happens? Ha![/quote]

I use a clear jug to mix my workout drink up in. It develops an ugly thick film that my wife swore was a bacteria that might kill me if I continued to drink out of it. A $1.29 brush takes care of the “killer bacteria” and I’m still alive many years later but it isn’t worth arguing over.