Double Ds Log

Hopefully the video will pop up soon.

Lookin good bud, keep up the good work

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Squat video.
First couple of sets without the belt you can really see my back flex.[/quote]

You got a little bit of butt wink, but it seems like every lifter’s back flattens as they bottom out–even world class o-lifters–so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Still wouldn’t hurt to work on hip mobility

7/26/10

Rev band bench mediums
225x5 (not in video)
315x3
365x3
405x2
465x1
485x1

Wide grip bench
275 2x5

Narrow grip bench (paused)
275 2x5

LF pec-deck
180 3x10

super set
CX trunk rotation/HS crunch
130/110 3x10

CX is Cybex, HS is Hammer Strength

I ate something bad yesterday and wasn’t feeling great, but did end up feeling strong on the bench.

Having a solid, stable bench makes a world of difference. I need to start looking for a new one for my house.

[quote]Proud_Virgin wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Squat video.
First couple of sets without the belt you can really see my back flex.[/quote]

You got a little bit of butt wink, but it seems like every lifter’s back flattens as they bottom out–even world class o-lifters–so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Still wouldn’t hurt to work on hip mobility[/quote]

Foam roller is supposed to be arriving today. =0)

7/28/10 Accessory day

DB row
50x15
75x12
100x10
140 2x12 (with straps)

DB lateral raise
15sx15
25sx10
35s 3x10

LF lat pull down
260 3x6

IC preacher curl
150 3x6

I then packed up my gym bag and was walking out when I remember I was going to do some shoulder pressing so I went and just did one really hard set.

LF shoulder press
120x35

No calf work today because the bottoms of my feet have been really tight. My new foam roller was waiting for me when I got home so I spent about 20 minutes rolling and did some grip work with my new heavy grippers.

Nice, you using a lacrosse ball or baseball as well? For calves, glutes, and especially the bottom of your feet, it can pinpoint the sore spots.

Nice, you using a lacrosse ball or baseball as well? For calves, glutes, and especially the bottom of your feet, it can pinpoint the sore spots.[/quote]

Been using a tennis ball, but it doesn’t seem to hurt enough.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Nice, you using a lacrosse ball or baseball as well? For calves, glutes, and especially the bottom of your feet, it can pinpoint the sore spots.[/quote]

Been using a tennis ball, but it doesn’t seem to hurt enough.[/quote]

Youre both insane.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Been using a tennis ball, but it doesn’t seem to hurt enough.[/quote]

Youre both insane.[/quote]

It’s kinda like playing with a lose tooth. It hurts but its addicting and almost fun.

7/29

Hill sprints (no rock)
down and up x 6

7/30/10
Squat
135x5
225x3
315x3 belt
405x3 belt+sleeves
455 3x3 wraps+sleeves

leg extensions 135 3x12

leg curls 90 3x12

Weight felt light, but I’m not hitting depth sans mirror.

7/30/10 vid

8/2/10
Band Bench mediums
Barx5
135x3
225 4x3

Incline bench
225 3x10

Incline DB fly
55s 3x8

Decided I needed to do something to get some girls on here so I showed some skin in this video.

No, really it’s been 100 degrees outside and while my basement stay fairly cool being mostly underground, it was hot down there.

Been keeping up the foam rolling and grip work.

Got a new training partner this weekend named Maggie. She’s really cute, Pics to follow.

Maggie

Sleep is important for putting on muscle.

She weighed in at a skinny 12.6 pounds. Got her on a bulking diet and training compound movements like “annoy the crap out of my malamute” and “chew on the couch”.

Maggie FTW

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
Maggie FTW[/quote]

100% pure bread mutt from a garage sale. The mom was a blue healer, dad we think might have been a lab.

She’s already too smart for her own good at 10 weeks. She’s escaping everywhere we put her, and is already coming to her name after 2 days (she’s 10 weeks old).

So last week I found out late Tuesday I had to make a run to VA. Got back Friday and went to plan out my final lead up to the meet. Went online to print out the registration form and found out the meet was canceled. Sucks.

I’ll probably go start looking for another one.

So decided to switch things up a bit to a 4 day split. Shoulders/biceps, deadlift/hams/butt, chest/triceps/upper back, squats/quads/calves.

Though I haven’t hit my weight goal I’m going to start leaning out a bit.