Double Dose Surge And DOMS

I’ve been double dosing Surge, and I have noticed my nice gains so far with it. However, one thing that hasn’t gone away is my DOMS. I.E. I’m still not able to walk normal because of Squat which was Friday.

My question is, should I DD Surge during and post, or should I just do Barr’s style, and have two Surge PWO. Or am I overthinking this and it doesn’t matter, and I should just deal with the DOMS?

I recently tried the DD Surge protocol: one dose during my lift, and one post.

Prior to the DD Surge, while training, I was taking Champion Nutrition’s Revenge Pro (2 scoops with 40 oz of H20), and post workout, I was taking Muscle Milk Collegiate formula and Champion Nutrition’s Heavy Weight Gainer.

During the DD Surge trial, I really didn’t notice any difference with DOMS as so many said they had noticed. I did notice that I had a little more pep behind my workouts, but I also noticed that all that sugar made me fat, and I gained about 5 lbs which feels mostly like fat.

I didn’t notice any difference from the Surge as compared to my other PWO shakes outside of the Surge is a little easier to put down after a workout for me.

My newest trial is a combination of the above two. I’m now taking my Revenge Pro again during the workout and taking the Surge post workout. So far, I think this combo works well for me, but I still haven’t noticed any benefits from DOMS after big workouts.

Personally, I use a shitload of BCAAs pre-workout and then wait until toward the end to start pounding Surge. The reason I’m doing this is because I’m trying to get lean and I don’t want to be using TOO many carbs.

Before I leave my house I take 6 Biotest BCAA pills. After my warm-up I take 6 more. Throughout the workout I pop a few more here and there. Then I go to work on one serving of Surge. I also use BCAAs in between meals- I pop them while I’m in class so I keep a positive nitrogen balance even when food’s not around.

I can tell you I don’t get shit worth of DOMS- almost none at all! And, I can tell you the BCAAs work because my total scale weight has not budged (maybe a pound+/-) but I’m seeing body fat drop in the mirror! I don’t do caliper measurements because I think they’re pure bullshit but the mirror doesn’t lie week after week.

The down side: My protocol isn’t cheap. I kill bottles of BCAAs like nobody’s business but I honestly think it’s paying off for the moment. Plus, I fucking hate DOMS. I live in an area near the ocean and I like to be able to do other “athletic” activities like riding my mountain bike, swimming, etc.

[quote]mazevedo wrote:
Personally, I use a shitload of BCAAs…[/quote]

I’ve heard that this is the best remedy for trying to prevent DOMS from happening, the only issue is that the amount of BCAAs that it takes is still sort of up for debate.

Charles Poliquin recommends an insane amount of BCAAs during the workout, others say that pre-workout is the way to go, others say post, and others say take them all day…there’s really no consensus.

Personally, I try and cover my bases and take some pre, during, and then a bunch post, but maybe I should try and take more during my workout instead.

[quote]Dominator wrote:
mazevedo wrote:
Personally, I use a shitload of BCAAs…

I’ve heard that this is the best remedy for trying to prevent DOMS from happening, the only issue is that the amount of BCAAs that it takes is still sort of up for debate.

Charles Poliquin recommends an insane amount of BCAAs during the workout, others say that pre-workout is the way to go, others say post, and others say take them all day…there’s really no consensus.

Personally, I try and cover my bases and take some pre, during, and then a bunch post, but maybe I should try and take more during my workout instead.
[/quote]

That is a good approach. Poliquin’s recomendations are insanely high so it’s probably best to start off supplementing para-workout and see where that goes. If DOMS subsides then you’re doing the job.

If you still feel sore the next day, try taking more or try taking them at slightly different timing intervals. I think it’s just a matter of finding out what works best.