T Nation

Double dose of Mag 10?

I’m 6’3 270 and i’m wondering, do you think it would be more beneficial to use a double dose of Mag 10 considering my size? Earlier posts said it might be better to double up the dose if your over 250.

I’d try 1.5 doses per day and only increase
to 2 if necessary, giving at least a week
to the 1.5 dose per day level from the time
you’re sure that training, nutrition and rest
ought to be appropriate.

Bill…from what I read in T-mag last issue for the best gains you should do two doses per day for two weeks, then Tribex for two weeks, then Mag-10 for two weeks …two doses per day…etc. Is that correct? Thx

Yes and no… very many users will do
essentially as well on 1 dose per day. So
if cost is an issue, I’d try that first.
In most cases, if an increase is warranted,
I’d try 1.5 doses per day as this will probably suffice.

Bill, rather than doubling the Mag-10 dosage, which is cost-prohibitive for some, do you believe that it would be effective to stack Mag-10 with a Androdiol sublingual cyclodextrin complex? Thanks…Mark

Has anyone else tried stacking Mag-10 with an Androdiol sublingual cyclodextrin complex?

What would be the point of that? If you feel the need to use more, then go with Androsol, not some inferior oral sublingual with poor absoption. I would be surprised if Bill even answers the question.

Scott,

The point would be to bring up 4-androstenediol levels without having to use twice as much Mag-10. Also, rumors abound that Androsol is being discontinued. (Many stores claim that they can no longer recieve Androsol from Biotest.) As for the absorption of Androdiol sublingual cyclodextrin complexes, read issue #30Supercharged Prohormones — The Next Step in Prohormone Evolution. True, it’s only a 25 mg dose, but the claim is that a good percentage is absorbed for a bump of a few hours. I’ve tried it; it seems effective. Again, I’m looking for something to augment Mag-10, not to equal it. You stated that these sublinguals have poor absorption. I’m not an expert on andro products (that’s why I asked the question, after researching this site and others). If you have any information on the actual absorption of these products, can you post it for us? Thanks.

Mark, here is a study that just came out on the cyclodiol.
J Appl Physiol 2002 Jan;92(1):142-6
Acute hormonal response to sublingual androstenediol intake in young men.

Brown GA, Martini ER, Roberts BS, Vukovich MD, King DS.

Exercise Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Health and Human Performance, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011.

The effectiveness of orally ingested androstenediol in raising serum testosterone concentrations may be limited because of hepatic breakdown of the ingested androgens. Because androstenediol administered sublingually with cyclodextrin bypasses first-pass hepatic catabolism, we evaluated the acute hormonal response to sublingual cyclodextrin androstenediol supplement in young men. Eight men (22.9 +/- 1.2 yr) experienced in strength training consumed either 20 mg androstenediol in a sublingual cyclodextrin tablet (Sl Diol) or placebo (Pl) separated by at least 1 wk in a randomized, double-blind, crossover manner. Blood samples were collected before supplementation and at 30-min intervals for 3 h after supplementation. Serum hormone concentrations did not change with Pl. Serum androstenedione concentrations were increased (P < 0.05) above baseline (11.2 +/- 1.1 nmol/l) with Sl Diol from 60 to 180 min after intake and reached a peak concentration of 25.2 +/- 2.9 nmol/l at 120 min. Serum free testosterone concentrations were increased from 86.2 +/- 9.1 pmol/l with Sl Diol from 30 to 180 min and reached a peak concentration of 175.4 +/- 12.2 pmol/l at 60 min. Serum total testosterone concentrations increased above basal (25.6 +/- 2.3 nmol/l) from 30 to 180 min with Sl Diol and reached a peak concentration of 47.9 + 2.9 nmol/l at 60 min. Serum estradiol concentrations were elevated (P < 0.05) above baseline (0.08 +/- 0.01 nmol/l) from 30 to 180 min with Sl Diol and reached 0.14 +/- 0.02 nmol/l at 180 min. These data indicate that sublingual cyclodextrin androstenediol intake increases serum androstenedione, free testosterone, total testosterone, and estradiol concentrations.

PMID: 11744653 [PubMed - in process]

Thanks.

Thnak for those studies Kenny, I was thinking of using Andro 100 poppers for both during and after stronger prohormone cycles to help maintain gains. I didn’t think that it would be too suppresive b/c levels are only elevated for a few hours, although two Andro poppers have about 85mg of 4-AD, 10mg of 4-AD-EC, and insignifigant amounts of Nor-4-AD and A1-E, which is qutie a bit more than the study. What do ya’ll think?