Double Berry Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup of Oats
1/2 Cup of Cottage Cheese
2 Tbsp Flax Meal
1 Scoop Metabolic Drive (Strawberry, Chocolate, or Vanilla)
3 Whole Omega 3 Eggs
2 or 3 Liquid Egg Whites (To preferred consistency)

Optional:
1/2 Cup of Fruit (Any type of Berry, Apples, Banana etc)

Steps:
This is a recipe I found online a couple different places. I made a couple modifications.

First, dump your ingredients into a mixing bowl and… you guessed it! Mix!

Second, add your fruit if you wish. I think if you added something like chopped walnuts or almonds that would be good too. For the picture above, I added 1/4 cup of strawberries and 1/4 blueberries. I also used strawberry protein powder.

If you think the batter is too thick, add liquid egg whites until you get it to your preference.

Lastly, get your pan ready and pour batter into the pan. I use a 1/3 cup for each p-cake. Seems to be a good measure.

I usually just add a little butter and scarf them down. Feel free to add some syrup, sugar free or whatever.

Sounds solid, I might have to try some of these this weekend, Thanks for this.

These look amazing.

Thanks.

I have even fed them to “normal” people, and they were surprise how good they were.

whole solid oats or did you grind them first??

Ground. But either will work. With the cottage cheese etc, these pancakes have a good amount of texture.

But can you make them into waffles…?

Superfood works really nice in pancakes as well.

[quote]pzehtoeur wrote:
But can you make them into waffles…?[/quote]

mmmm…that sounds good.

[quote]pzehtoeur wrote:
But can you make them into waffles…?[/quote]

Do you have a waffle iron?

Oh Damn that looks nice… drool
Kind of getting sick of that damn oatmeal. And this looks like something quick and easy.
No nonsense :wink:

For a lower carb version, replace the 1/2 cup oats with 1/2 cup of almond flour/meal.

For a great topping, throw half a cup of frozen berries in magic bullet or blender.

I’ll definitely try this recipe when I’m on a mass phase.

I just had my leftovers this morning and I put peanut butter in between 3 pancakes, it was delicious.

Any advice on how to convert this recipe to a rice cooker friendly one? I can make them but they come out rubbery.

That seriously looks absolutely delicious.

Good work, I have something to try tomorrow morning.

[quote]aknapp wrote:
Any advice on how to convert this recipe to a rice cooker friendly one? I can make them but they come out rubbery.[/quote]

I guess I am confused as to why you would cook this in a rice cooker. I wish I could help but I have never tried to do that, I just stick with a pan.

[quote]Oquendog wrote:
That seriously looks absolutely delicious.

Good work, I have something to try tomorrow morning.[/quote]

Thanks I hope you enjoy it. I just made some for my girlfriend’s friends after the bar, and they all really liked it. After that it was ADHD questions about nutrition and requests to be there personal trainer. These pancakes pack a punch.

[quote]mlellsworth wrote:
Ground. But either will work. With the cottage cheese etc, these pancakes have a good amount of texture.[/quote]

If the texture is bothersome try mixing the ingredients in a blender, tried that this morning, the texture was very similar to regular pancakes.

[quote]TheFoundation wrote:
mlellsworth wrote:
Ground. But either will work. With the cottage cheese etc, these pancakes have a good amount of texture.

If the texture is bothersome try mixing the ingredients in a blender, tried that this morning, the texture was very similar to regular pancakes.[/quote]

Good call. I haven’t tried that yet.