Dorian on the Current Mr. Olympia

Careful @BrickHead and @The_Mighty_Stu we already have one thread about Mr Olympia 2019 that is a 80,s and 90’s appreciation club. This thread could easily go that way too. Lol

3 Likes

Music was better in the 90s too.

3 Likes

And hair styles

1 Like

I think I simply have had a hard time accepting the downhill slide of something I once followed so closely. :grinning:

You and me both. I used to be so excited when the new episode o Flex arrived each month and I got to see contest results and training pics of the pros. It’s just not the same anymore, maybe I just grew up.

1 Like

I was the same way. I’m 40 now, so the interest has waned. But I was a crazy fan of BB for a long time, as I’ve written about on here for years. I was just reminiscing on the phone with my pal Arash about how we were utterly batshit crazy about the gym. His restaurant was too blocks from my house. So Id go over there on many weekend nights, permabulk on Persian food (easily 1000-2000 calorie meals) and talk like broken records about BB til late at night. It was mid to late 2000s and I vividly remember we must Have mentioned Phil Heath at least a dozen times a night! Actually he was obsessed with Phil, and I was obsessed with Dorian and Jay. Very normal. :grinning:

Sometimes it would turn into a round table of meat heads, some women, and people we knew from around town.

Obviously he did more with BB than I did or could. Lol.

4 Likes

Look, I understand how it goes. You’re young, you’re curious. Those oiled up men flexing their muscles in tiny underwear need someone’s eyes on them. We all go through an experimentation phase… Nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

Whilst you say this jokingly, I am pretty sure my parents thought it was odd too. From mid teans I had posters movie of Arnold in Commando and Conan on my walls. Most kids had sports cars or that poster of the lady tennis player (if you’re old enough you will know what I mean) and I had men with there shirts off !!!

2 Likes

Don’t knock it till you try it princess.

2 Likes

Dorian Yates has released his training journal as an eBook for those into that kinda thing.

1 Like