Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
Those were the only FPS games I ever enjoyed. I just haven’t been able to get into any of the new ones anymore.

Have you tried Call of Duty 4? Amazing game.[/quote]

Its an awesome game, but I think were talking about pre 2000 here.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
Doom and Quake were a blast. But the best FPS ever has to be Serious Sam.[/quote]

SS was indeed fun, but its replayability was too low to consider it the best game ever. I first played it at a lan, there were 4 of us and we played the entire day to the end. Hell of a fun game. I remember one level where you’d be walking and all a sudden like 2 million monsters come running over the hill.

I’m all for W-3D!!! Doom is still a classic.

The new Duke Nukem Forever might be interesting…

Marathon pwns >*

[quote]belligerent wrote:
Marathon pwns >*[/quote]

Agreed.

Doom for $0.99 on Steam until January 2nd: Steam Search

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
Der Candy wrote:
Doom and Quake were a blast. But the best FPS ever has to be Serious Sam.

SS was indeed fun, but its replayability was too low to consider it the best game ever. I first played it at a lan, there were 4 of us and we played the entire day to the end. Hell of a fun game. I remember one level where you’d be walking and all a sudden like 2 million monsters come running over the hill.[/quote]

I think it is THE funnest game ever (aside from super smash bros or tekken) to play with friends over a couple beers.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
Those were the only FPS games I ever enjoyed. I just haven’t been able to get into any of the new ones anymore.

Have you tried Call of Duty 4? Amazing game.[/quote]

I’m probably one of the only people that hasn’t played that game. My current PC wouldn’t be able to play it very well and I’ve never been able to get used to the controls of FPS games on consoles. I’ve kind of given up on them.

Ive never played any of the call of duties, i have seen them played but never played it myself, doesnt look interesting.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

Have you tried Call of Duty 4? Amazing game.

Its an awesome game, but I think were talking about pre 2000 here.[/quote]

Ah, in that case, Virtua Cop FTW.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

Have you tried Call of Duty 4? Amazing game.

I’m probably one of the only people that hasn’t played that game. My current PC wouldn’t be able to play it very well and I’ve never been able to get used to the controls of FPS games on consoles. I’ve kind of given up on them.[/quote]

It’s always unfortunate when reality gets in the way of gaming. I feel for you though, my laptop barely runs COD4, it’ just hard headedness that keeps me playing it.

I played all of them but Duke Nukem ,even if I’m a huge fan of FPS games I never really liked D.N.
My favourites : Doom2 and Heretic
By the way Doom2 is almost impossible to finish without cheating.
…oh and I even designed my own levels for Doom2, there were many free level editors out there.

LOL…“Rise of the Triad”…I can’t believe anyone else remembers that game! The actual quote was “LUDICROUS GIBS!” when you’d annihilate someone with a bazooka. You could also take mushrooms and trip balls. Good stuff.

Doom was simply in a class of its own. The amazing gameplay aside, the story was genuinely spooky and the imagery was pure evil. I’d say its the best computer game ever made (taking into account the technology available at the time)

played em all! Doom II rocks my socks to this day. Rise of the triad, duke nukem, doom all got played. These days its all call of duty, and counter strike though.

Personally the maps in DOOM are more interesting and the story line is better than Doom 2. So out of all DOOM is my favorite.

Yeah i like teh evil sci fi of DOOOOM.