T Nation

Don't Talk to the Police

Who the hell talks to the police anymore?

Who would really talk to the police if brought in for a suspected crime, or just brought in to the police station with no idea of what the crime is? Who really thinks it is a good idea to talk to the “Law”?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4097602514885833865#
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6014022229458915912&hl=en&emb=1#

Please, do yourself a favor. Never talk to the police.

Coincidental timing, Chris. I am right in the middle of Boston T. Party’s “You and the Police”

Good read, by the way…

Great vi. I really look forward to seeing people trying to argue with it.

Awesome, thanks.

It being academic, at first I thought it was going to be some crybaby liberal bullshit, but it was very good and brought up some stuff I didn’t know about. The other half with the cop was also good, at least he was being honest. It’s hard to find one these days. This reminds me of what White Nationalists have been saying for years, kind of validates it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6hoxsZZYvA

In the short run not talking can hurt because cops will be more combative and if the other guy talks and says, “he started it, I was just trying to defend myself” and you don’t talk, even if it’s bullshit, he’ll get a summons for disorderly conduct and you’ll get arrested for felony assault, but in the end he’ll get his and you will be better off.

You would be amazed how stupid people can be with the police.

That was awesome.

Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Would have liked to have the cop actually challenge him a little rather than having a cop who admitted he wanted to be a defense attorney.

That said, i’m sure its all true, but if a cop asks you if you were at xyz place last night when you were in a totally different state are you guys all honestly telling me you would say i refuse to answer the question without your lawyer?

I actually ordered the book “you and the police” myself a little while back, haven’t read it yet though.

Some good stuff in those vids.

Thanks.

[quote]stevo_ wrote:
Would have liked to have the cop actually challenge him a little rather than having a cop who admitted he wanted to be a defense attorney.

That said, i’m sure its all true, but if a cop asks you if you were at xyz place last night when you were in a totally different state are you guys all honestly telling me you would say i refuse to answer the question without your lawyer?

I actually ordered the book “you and the police” myself a little while back, haven’t read it yet though.
[/quote]

That’s why you don’t even talk to them. If they ask you if they can ask you some questions, you say no and walk away/shut the door/do not go with the police. If they have evidence against you that will stand up in court. You would be sitting in handcuffs or in a jail cell and have a warrant for your arrest.

[quote]stevo_ wrote:

[/quote]

I think that the cop gave good insight into the process and tools that they use to gather information and build a case, which is what he was there for.

As far as not ever saying anything goes, they might be exaggerating a tiny bit, but not much. The only time I’ve ever been questioned and not arrested was when I had an alibi and a bunch of people to corroborate.

The detective made a very good analogy to the boxer too. Those guys are very sharp and experienced, and if you mis-step or tell some dumb lie, they will have you. They don’t usually even do an “interview” unless they strongly suspect and have some substantial evidence already.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
stevo_ wrote:

I think that the cop gave good insight into the process and tools that they use to gather information and build a case, which is what he was there for.

As far as not ever saying anything goes, they might be exaggerating a tiny bit, but not much. The only time I’ve ever been questioned and not arrested was when I had an alibi and a bunch of people to corroborate.

The detective made a very good analogy to the boxer too. Those guys are very sharp and experienced, and if you mis-step or tell some dumb lie, they will have you. They don’t usually even do an “interview” unless they strongly suspect and have some substantial evidence already.
[/quote]

Agreed, but he was basically saying even with an alibi you should lawyer up, which whilst probably true, i just don’t think id do, guess it totally depends on the circumstances though.

I thought the cop was very interesting and everything he said in terms of tactics was great, i just kinda wish he had more of an opposing view i guess and it was more of a debate.

Fuckin good viewing though.

Hopefully its something none of us end up needing :slight_smile:

This is essential viewing for everyone in this litigious society.

Also good in places where law enforcement is known to be less than superb.

My answer to everything? “With all due respect, officer, I would like to speak to an attorney.”
Or, in the case of a self-defense situation: “With all due respect, officer, I would like to go to the hospital and speak with an attorney.”

The FiF…I plead it.

http://www.pp2g.tv/vYH1-Y3U_.aspx

When it comes to me, mine, and anyone that I know and even remotely like I courteously decline.

People that wrong me and/or I witness committing crimes will lead to me giving a statement to the cops.

It’s kind of a double edged sword. On one hand you never ever want even 1 person to be convicted of a crime they didn’t commit. On the other hand if nobody talks then just about everybody walks including the scumbags.

[quote]stevo_ wrote:

[/quote]
You should read it…it’s good. I’m also reading Boston’s Gun Bible as well. That’s good, also.

I sent this video to Ken Royce, Boston T. Party, yesterday. He replied…he thought it was pretty good.

I agree this is must see material, however for shit that’s not too serious or if you’re a witness to a crime, you need to talk to the cops. The only time I’ve ever delt with the cops was over some stupid squabble and if i refused to talk to them I probably would have spent the night in jail and had to get a lawyer and shit like that. Instead I told the cops what was going on and they went on their way.