Don't Look Back

Yesterday I was tired due to waking up with the birds at 5:30. Sometimes when I train in the late afternoon (like Wed) I wake up in the middle of the night or some random time and can’t get back to sleep. I’m the type of person no one wants to talk to unless I get my full amount of sleep.

So last night was laundry night and I went to bed at 9:30 to catch up. Tonight I have to take my kid to see my family so tomorrow and Sunday will be big workout days. These last 6 weeks I’ve been not making any big plans on the weekend so I can concentrate on the gym. I will not be satisfied with my bench press until I can put the 25 plates on. I’m tired of having the same amount of weight as a skinny teenage boy.

I have been studying the feedback from meat thread and it’s been a real eye opener. I’ve never seen anyone arch their back while doing the bench press no matter what weight they are doing. I am considering changing gyms but the one I want to go back to isn’t convenient to home. Where my daughter is of age to stay home alone, the gym I go to now is five minutes away.

[quote]tootles27 wrote:

I was going to call this My Random Log but instead I chose my fav lifting song of the moment by Boston. [/quote]

oooooo A woman after my own heart. Good luck with your training.

[quote]Court wrote:

It’s okay, I had to put up a pic of me smiling because I’m pretty sure most people thought/think I’m just a massive bitch ALL the time. I have nice moments. [/quote]

You’re nuts if you think that smile helps.

Keep reading the thread by Meat. I’ve gotten a ton of help from him. Just making changes that seem minor at the time, have pushed my numbers up.

I love the picture of you. The bangs look nice.

[quote]print wrote:
tootles27 wrote:

I was going to call this My Random Log but instead I chose my fav lifting song of the moment by Boston.

oooooo A woman after my own heart. Good luck with your training.[/quote]

Thanks for stopping by! Even though I heart kitties, I will make an exception. (^:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Keep reading the thread by Meat. I’ve gotten a ton of help from him. Just making changes that seem minor at the time, have pushed my numbers up.

I love the picture of you. The bangs look nice.[/quote]

I will. I just got a camera a few weeks ago and might tape some squats and stuff to see what I need to improve on. I just need to figure out how to use the thing!!

I got the bangs a few months back when I was going though a mid life crisis and have gotten alot of compliments. People say they make me look younger…mission accomplished!!

So tell me, did you work out today, or is the plan for tomorrow?

Do you have a favorite go-to lift?

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

[/quote]

I didn’t get to go to the gym yesterday, I am going in an hour. For upper body (today), my go to lift is the bench press. In a few weeks, I will change it to deadlifts. I definitely need to watch some videos cause I haven’t done deadlifting in awhile, not since I had a trainer (which is going back 6 yrs).

Right now I am just doing 5 sets of 4-5 different lifts but I know down the road, I will have to study programs and figure out what is best for me. I will get results with anything right now because I’m getting back into it.

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
print wrote:
tootles27 wrote:

I was going to call this My Random Log but instead I chose my fav lifting song of the moment by Boston.

Thanks for stopping by! Even though I heart kitties, I will make an exception. (^:[/quote]

You’ll probably regret it, but thanks.

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

I didn’t get to go to the gym yesterday, I am going in an hour. For upper body (today), my go to lift is the bench press. In a few weeks, I will change it to deadlifts. I definitely need to watch some videos cause I haven’t done deadlifting in awhile, not since I had a trainer (which is going back 6 yrs).

Right now I am just doing 5 sets of 4-5 different lifts but I know down the road, I will have to study programs and figure out what is best for me. I will get results with anything right now because I’m getting back into it.[/quote]

If you want a suggestion, try Maximum Strength by Eric Cressey. I’m doing it right now and SBSmart and MMalgb did it with success. It can be used by all levels of experience. The book illustrates all the exercises and mixes things up nicely. There is a good variety. Personally, I was stuck in a rut and I’ve learned some fun new things.

The bangs make your face look softer. Now I feel like cutting bangs but I don’t think they work as well with glasses.

[quote]print wrote:
tootles27 wrote:
print wrote:
tootles27 wrote:

Thanks for stopping by! Even though I heart kitties, I will make an exception. (^:

You’ll probably regret it, but thanks.[/quote]

No way!! Maybe you will have to take the place of my T-Nation BFF since he hasn’t even stopped by my thread yet to wish me luck. Yes, I’m talking to you, tiger boy. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
If you want a suggestion, try Maximum Strength by Eric Cressey. I’m doing it right now and SBSmart and MMalgb did it with success. It can be used by all levels of experience. The book illustrates all the exercises and mixes things up nicely. There is a good variety. Personally, I was stuck in a rut and I’ve learned some fun new things.

The bangs make your face look softer. Now I feel like cutting bangs but I don’t think they work as well with glasses.
[/quote]

Thanks, that sounds good and I will check it out. Try the bangs. I asked my hairdresser for bangs a few times and he didn’t think I would like it so I had to bring in an old picture and say This is what I want and I’m not leaving without it!! They look good with glasses, you should have no problem.

I will post my workout later, I have to get some errands done.

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
print wrote:
tootles27 wrote:
print wrote:
tootles27 wrote:

You’ll probably regret it, but thanks.

No way!! Maybe you will have to take the place of my T-Nation BFF since he hasn’t even stopped by my thread yet to wish me luck. Yes, I’m talking to you, tiger boy. :P[/quote]

I’m sure he will be here shortly, he is still hanging out in the “How gay are you thread.”

haha.

I don’t really feel like I know enough to give lifting advice. What I can do is…

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
tootles27 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
[/quote]

They work really well with glasses, and you can always get them long enough to be swept to the side if you’re ambivalent about them.

This morning’s workout:

15 min of precor

Bench press
2 sets 65 lbs 8 reps
2 sets 85 lbs 8 reps
2 sets 90 lbs 6 reps

Military press
4 sets 45 lbs 8 reps except for last set 7 reps (failure)

Lat pulldown
2 sets 70 lbs 8 reps
3 sets 75 lbs 8 reps

Bicep curl w cables
2 sets 40 lbs 8 reps
3 sets 45 lbs 8 reps

Tricep pulldown (?? old age) w cables
3 sets 70 lbs 8 reps
2 sets 85 lbs 8 reps

Notes: 30 min of precor. Was thinking of skipping the cardio because I had to do some outlet shopping and now I’m dead tired. Hopefully I will get a good amount of sleep to offset this!!

[quote]pch2 wrote:
I don’t really feel like I know enough to give lifting advice. What I can do is…

ouroboro_s wrote:
tootles27 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

They work really well with glasses, and you can always get them long enough to be swept to the side if you’re ambivalent about them.
[/quote]

pch, your fashion advice is always welcome here. And I might need lessons from you if I want to kick some boy’s ass!! hehe. (^:

Good luck on your goals you already know you’re in the right place. I might suggest the 5/3/1 program from eliteFTS by Jim Wendler. The program can be tailored to beginners and progresses so that you don’t have that nasty plateau.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
Good luck on your goals you already know you’re in the right place. I might suggest the 5/3/1 program from eliteFTS by Jim Wendler. The program can be tailored to beginners and progresses so that you don’t have that nasty plateau.[/quote]

Thanks for stopping by. I will check that out also. I’ve seen that a few people around here are doing the 5-3-1 program.

Today’s workout:

15 min precor

Squats

4 sets 65 lbs 8 reps
5 sets 75 lbs 8 reps

Bicep curls

2 sets 30 lb bar 8 reps
3 sets 40 lb bar 8 reps except for last set 7 reps (failure)

Leg extension

2 sets 70 lbs 8 reps
3 sets 75 lbs 8 reps

Leg curl

2 sets 50 lbs 8 reps
3 sets 55 lbs 8 reps

Calf raises w bodyweight

3 sets 18 reps

Notes: 20 min of precor after. The squats felt really good. Last time I jumped from 65 to 85 and felt like it was shit form. With the 75, I was hitting the spot I wanted to go down to and coming up slow. And before I started, I did some stretching and that really made a difference.