Don't Know What I'm Doing Wrong...

I’m 5’11’, 195. I have a decent build but I want to get bigger and stronger. I do a traditional four day push-pull routine. Monday Push. Tuesday Pull. Wednesday Off. Thursday Push. Friday Pull. Saturday and Sunday Rest and Repeat. I push myself at the gym and I eat clean food.But now due to personal reasons I can only get to the gym around 6.

Anyone have any ideas? How much to eat? New routines to try? Does it matter that I’m lifting later and if so, how can I make sure I get nutrients while I sleep or does it matter as long as I eat afterwards? All comments and suggestions are appreciated.

So… I don’t understand your question? Now you have to workout later in the day, opposed to earlier? Why would any other factors (diet, regimen, routine) change just because of the time?

Eat everything you have been, but be a little more careful about your carbs after your PWO shake.

You didn’t say what was wrong. Not growing? Eat more (you claimed you were pushing urself in the gym). Not losing fat? Eat less. We can can help you better if you specified your problem.

If you haven’t changed your routine in 2 months…change it. Work on your diet. I don’t know how you do with your diet but that is the key factor. Keep your body guessing.

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
If you haven’t changed your routine in 2 months…change it. Keep your body guessing. [/quote]

Bullshit.

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
If you haven’t changed your routine in 2 months…change it. Work on your diet. I don’t know how you do with your diet but that is the key factor. Keep your body guessing. [/quote]

Uh huh, guessing…to grow, or not to grow…?

What is the problem exactly, Jimmy? I don’t have a set time of when I workout. Somedays its 5 PM (after work) and sometimes its 2AM. I have no clue as to what your issue is so consequently my advice is limited. Cheerio

(The law of diminishing marginal returns) It is widely applicable.

If you have the slightest base of strength training knowledge or experience you should know that you experience the biggest gains in the first 6 weeks of a program. To ensure consistent gains, I recommend changing the stimuli somewhere near this time frame.

It doesn’t have to be drastic, but your body adapts quickly because it resists change. If you still insist on disagreement, I would read the Poliquin Principles. You might learn something.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
mallen5 wrote:
If you haven’t changed your routine in 2 months…change it. Keep your body guessing.

Bullshit.[/quote]

Dude do you have any idea what you just said? you basically just let the world know how dumb you are. If you think it’s bullshit to keep your body guessing, i suggest you take mallen5’s advice and read

[quote]CLEE20 wrote:
Der Candy wrote:
mallen5 wrote:
If you haven’t changed your routine in 2 months…change it. Keep your body guessing.

Bullshit.

Dude do you have any idea what you just said? you basically just let the world know how dumb you are. If you think it’s bullshit to keep your body guessing, i suggest you take mallen5’s advice and read [/quote]

Or…you could just look at what actual flesh and blood big, huge, strong guys actually do. And here’s a hint, most of them don’t change their routine every 6 weeks.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
CLEE20 wrote:
Der Candy wrote:
mallen5 wrote:

Bullshit.

Dude do you have any idea what you just said? you basically just let the world know how dumb you are. If you think it’s bullshit to keep your body guessing, i suggest you take mallen5’s advice and read

Or…you could just look at what actual flesh and blood big, huge, strong guys actually do. And here’s a hint, most of them don’t change their routine every 6 weeks.[/quote]

I’m going to give each of them the benefit of the doubt and give them the opportunity to post pics of themselves to prove you wrong.

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
If you have the slightest base of strength training knowledge or experience you should know that you experience the biggest gains in the first 6 weeks of a program. To ensure consistent gains, I recommend changing the stimuli somewhere near this time frame.

It doesn’t have to be drastic, but your body adapts quickly because it resists change. If you still insist on disagreement, I would read the Poliquin Principles. You might learn something. [/quote]

Mkay, more spoon-fed idiots. Everything the author’s write is gospel. You realize the authors write programs for money as well right? It would be in their best interest to tell you to switch programs up every so often.

The guys who have actually been in the trenches and accomplished shit retain a good deal of consistency in their workouts for long periods of time. The basics still apply.

[quote]mallen5 wrote:

It doesn’t have to be drastic, but your body adapts quickly because it resists change. If you still insist on disagreement, I would read the Poliquin Principles. You might learn something. [/quote]

LOL… Where’d you get this from, Men’s Health.

No, in fact, go ahead and keep your body ‘guessing.’ Progression is for chumps, just ask Dante…

I think that if your program contains the right variety theres no need to change anything drastically until your rather advanced in your development.

Coming from the 160lb. guy who has been training for a year. Haha, you can’t be serious. Who pay’s for programs anyway? I love it.

I’ve got to run and pay my antagonistic training bill…good luck guys.

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
Coming from the 160lb. guy who has been training for a year. Haha, you can’t be serious. Who pay’s for programs anyway? I love it.

I’ve got to run and pay my antagonistic training bill…good luck guys. [/quote]

A 160lb guy who used to be like you and didn’t start progressing until I ditched all that spoon-fed bullshit. But instead of using me for an example why not ask all the big guys of this site who actually used this method to get big.

What the fuck is wrong with, as tribunaldude said so eloquently once, standing on the shoulders of giants and follow what people who have come before us did.

You dumb motherfucker.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Sentoguy wrote:
CLEE20 wrote:
Der Candy wrote:
mallen5 wrote:

Bullshit.

Or…you could just look at what actual flesh and blood big, huge, strong guys actually do. And here’s a hint, most of them don’t change their routine every 6 weeks.

I’m going to give each of them the benefit of the doubt and give them the opportunity to post pics of themselves to prove you wrong.
[/quote]

Ah, the unfailing picture test…this should be fun.

In all honesty though, it’d take more than a picture to convince me to “keep my body guessing” in such a daft manner.

It is actually pretty pathetic that people on a bodybuilding website are not acknowledging that the human body adapts to what you expose it to. I’m not sure if it is that they don’t believe or understand it, or if they don’t have anywhere else direct their inner rage due to self inadequacy.

A lot of people are just looking for someone to disagree with. Honestly, If I saw what they did in the mirror, I probably would too. I honestly prefer constructive suggestions. What is the OP thinking at this point?

That is who I was attempting to help. I am not posting for a bunch of wannabes with inferiority complexes who feel the need to negate anything and everyting. There is no best way to train. It is even difficult to decipher a better way to train. I will make suggestions where I see fit.

The longer you train, the more you realize that everything that you hold true at one time or another will eventually be put into question. Even the best and most experienced coaches/athletes are still learning.

[quote]BrownTrout wrote:
I think that if your program contains the right variety theres no need to change anything drastically until your rather advanced in your development. [/quote

I’m pretty sure that is exactly what I described. Thank you. Variety is the key word here.