Don't Feel Satisfied

So I was wondering If this happens with a lot of people. You feel hungry and you eat a normal meal…and still you have a craving for something like cake or chocolate or w\e and even if you feel full its still in the back of your mind and bothering you. Any ideas for fighting it? Ive tried eating more veggies and meat but it still doesn’t help.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
So I was wondering If this happens with a lot of people. You feel hungry and you eat a normal meal…and still you have a craving for something like cake or chocolate or w\e and even if you feel full its still in the back of your mind and bothering you. Any ideas for fighting it? Ive tried eating more veggies and meat but it still doesn’t help.[/quote]

I usually just eat the cake if that happens. Cake taste good.

I probably didn’t help too much here…

yeah, drink heaps of water… go and do something that takes your mind of food.

Brush your teeth after eating or use mouthwash.

Up your fat intake…fats will keep you more satisfied for longer.

GJ

Get come chocolate nibs or some really pure chocolate (89% or higher) and have a small piece. Don’t eat the bar, just have a small piece.

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_food_model_body_women_training_diet_beauty_nutrition/craving_somethin_bad_check_this_out

It might seem a little cheesy, but for some of the really bad cravings (like cake, chocolate, etc. that would get me into trouble fast) I tried the substitutions and after about a week or two, my cravings never went past the “Hey, chocolate tastes good. I won’t have some.” phase.

There was a cool show on the discovery channel which dealt with how the body/mind can react in almost superhuman ways. For example, if you’re desperately lacking a nutrient (to the point of serious bodily harm), a food that contains that nutrient will literally appear sweeter than the sweetest dessert. In a more… luxurious… lifestyle that people in the west tend to live, cravings come a lot easier. But you can retune them, with the link above.

If you wanna see a cool video about the whole cravings thing, check out this:

Start at minute 8, when the video is over, it will immediately load part 2. The relevant part is about 5-6 minutes total, but when I first saw it I thought it was really cool.

This is going to sound corny too – but try setting a timer. I usually go for 30 to 60 minutes. After 30 minutes – the timer goes off. If you still have the craving – then go eat it. But I’ve found for myself, that after 30 minutes, I’ve occupied my mind with something else and the craving is gone. The buzzer goes off – and I think, “Hey, I don’t really want that anymore. Cool.” As with anything, YMMV.

drink more water with your meals bra

Drink water.
Consume foods with high water content (e.g. spinach etc.).
Fat-free/sugar-free pudding.
A couple scoops of MD, I wouldn’t worry about an additional 110-220 calories if it keeps you from going on a mid day binge.
Up the fat content of your meals slightly.

This is the part that will set you a part from the rest of the General Population!

Do you allow some free meals during the week?

I get cravings all the time! It’s from growing up and getting desert after dinner, lol…I just go do something else, chew some gum, etc…

Mind over Matter!! And if you still want your cake, then maybe just a bite or two…I say it’s better to allow a small amount rather than overeating calories somewhere else.

[quote]Gymjunkie wrote:
Up your fat intake…fats will keep you more satisfied for longer.

GJ[/quote]

This is the solution. Along with drinking more water or liquids when you feel hungry, eating healthy fats with meals (avocado, nuts, etc,) will help make you feel fuller and keep you satisfied for a longer period of time.

just be patient. a craving is just a craving no more, it passes in time.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
So I was wondering If this happens with a lot of people. You feel hungry and you eat a normal meal…and still you have a craving for something like cake or chocolate or w\e and even if you feel full its still in the back of your mind and bothering you. Any ideas for fighting it? Ive tried eating more veggies and meat but it still doesn’t help.[/quote]

You could have a candida infection or maybe something you eat those not sit well with you. Not quite an allergy but strong enough for you to feel it.

I would get those things checked out before Id do anything else.

This is all great advice. I would like to add:

At every meal, list off your goals in your head. I have a little “Man book” of quotes, poems, goals, and pithy sayings that I keep in my pocket. I like to read that as I slowly taste my food.

Eat away from the kitchen. Get away!

Taste your food. Enjoy every bit. Taste life too, for that matter.

Make a commitment, and post it on your fridge. I posted my meal plan on there.

For a while (in some dark days), I would make daily contracts with myself on what I would eat. I would actually write out a promise and sign my name on a sheet of paper. Put that baby on the fridge too. Promises are sacred to me, and perhaps they are to you as well. It’s hard to break a promise to yourself. It’s easy to kind of rationalize something away that isn’t set in stone though. So set your plan in stone.

It helps to have motivation - an upcoming date, etc.

I like what Maryland mom said about separating yourself from the general population. In the military we call them “GP’s.” That may sound arrogant, but maybe a little cockiness is good at times.

This is your proving time. If you succeed, you will be better for it, and not just physically.

• Former lardass.

Honestly find something to do that doesn’t have you thinking about food. When I watch TV all I want to do is snack. When I play poker I never think about food. Just find something that you enjoy to the point where you are distracted.

Another thing you might want to try:

Get a blender
Get a cup of ice or more
Get a cup of Crystal light (or similar no cal drink)
Throw in half a scoop of MD Vanilla(I hate always plugging Biotest stuff but honestly this is the best protein powder I’ve ever tried)
Glucomannan (Thickening agent. You don’t need this but it is better with it.)

Blend

Enjoy… only 50 cals and most of it protein. I like to make mine thick and eat it with a spoon. Shugart mentioned this in one of his articles at one point, so I guess I should give him credit, even though I was doing this before I read the article.

Good luck.

Hah I have been dealing with this all night.

When I eat low carbs or even just super clean I get this. I sometimes GORGE myself on healthy food and it still doesnt go away. Ill eat dinner and then later have a 40g protein shake, a salmon filet, some nuts, and a bag of veggies and Ill be stuffed but still crave a cheeseburger.

I also get insomnia and lockjaw-like problems at times. I have every natural sleep aid on the market. I have that issue anyways but low carbs makes it worse.

its like I cant go a day without at least one dollar menu item or my body wont let me be. Ha reading that I feel like Im a lardass but Im pretty far from.

When I diet I have a stock of Diet Dr. Pepper, Crystal Light, Protein, and Splenda. Splenda + fat free cottage cheese + cinnamon is actually a great dessert…add MD like others have mentioned for a few more protein cals (like a protein ice cream if you freeze it for 30 min).

I got high last night and when the munchies kicked in the only food I had available was cottage cheese and peanut butter, I feel your pain on the cravings.

[quote]DeadRamones wrote:
Brush your teeth after eating or use mouthwash.[/quote]

That is fucking brilliant!..makes a ton of sence.