T Nation

Don't Feel Like Working Out Anymore

I am 15 years old, 125 pounds, and 5’8 and a body fat of 5.6. I was working out a alot before and thanks to this website i did put on some muscle. Then i started Track and stopped working out because i heard that i wouldn’t benefit from it and i was also burned out after track practice which was almost everyday. Even before track started i slowly and slowly started not working out.

I kept telling my self that after track was over i would start working out again. Its been about 2 and a half weeks and i only worked out 2 times. I work out in my own house because i have a bow-flex type of machine which lets me do alot of things and i have some dumbbells.

The thing is though when i get home from school i just get so tired like while doing homework i just fall asleep or lie down and do nothing. Hell i can barely lift 20 pound dumbbells now. I dont even play video games too much now because they are in my basement and i dont feel like going to the basement. I am always feeling so weak now its horrible.

My body still looks pretty good i think its just that alot of people are saying i got way to thin. While looking at old pictures it is crazy how much weight i lost. I went down from a 32 waist size to a 28. I am eating normally and stuff i just dont know what is happening to me.

Please help me guys i want to fix

Me feeling so weak
Me feeling so Tired all the time
My weight lose problem.

Please guys i really want to change i can post before and after pictures later to show how much weight i lost

Put more food in your mouth.

[quote]Digity wrote:
Put more food in your mouth.[/quote]

A lot more…

You’re a kid. You might want to eat a few hamburgers or pizza from time to time. And by ‘from time to time’, I really mean ‘daily’.

[quote]Digity wrote:
Put more food in your mouth.[/quote]

Exactly.

Your excuses are poor - example:

My fitness level pretty much sucks - I would catch public transport to work 1 hour each way. I bought a bicycle 2 weeks ago and now I’m cycling over 7 hours a week to work and back - I’ve saved an hour a day and money on top of that. I STILL get to the gym 3-4 times a week and still have intense workouts. Why? Because I am eating an extra 800-1000 calories to offset the extra cardio I’m doing.

Also, a bowflex and some dumbells are not going to do much in the adding muscle department - find a gym or get your parents to buy you some more equipment.

You weigh 125lbs and you are 15 and growing - you NEED to eat more.

I have been eating normally i think.

Breakfast: Either 2 Poptarts with 2-3 glasses of milk or PBJ with 2-3 glasses of milk on the weekdays

Lunch: Normally a pressed wrap with Chicken, BBQ sauce hot sauce and Cheese with a fruit juice

Snack for when i come home: Lately nothing…i just have been losing my appetite, but if i do eat its either pasta, mozzarella sticks, pizza, burritos or fruits

Dinner: Again i have been losing my appetite, if its american food i easily eat it, i dont normally like fried foods though.

Is there anything i should change i just feel like i need a massive shot of adrenaline or energy.

Your diet is worse than everyones on here…
and mine isn’t that great…

[quote]apb407 wrote:
I have been eating normally i think.

Breakfast: Either 2 Poptarts with 2-3 glasses of milk or PBJ with 2-3 glasses of milk on the weekdays

Lunch: Normally a pressed wrap with Chicken, BBQ sauce hot sauce and Cheese with a fruit juice

Snack for when i come home: Lately nothing…i just have been losing my appetite, but if i do eat its either pasta, mozzarella sticks, pizza, burritos or fruits

Dinner: Again i have been losing my appetite, if its american food i easily eat it, i dont normally like fried foods though.

Is there anything i should change i just feel like i need a massive shot of adrenaline or energy.

[/quote]

If you put shit in your mouth you’re gonna feel like shit. Trust me, I’ve eaten lift crap before and now eat better…so I know it matters.

Clean up your diet and eat more. You should notice a difference in how you feel after a while.

[quote]apb407 wrote:
I am 15 years old, 125 pounds, and 5’8 and a body fat of 5.6. I was working out a alot before and thanks to this website i did put on some muscle. Then i started Track and stopped working out because i heard that i wouldn’t benefit from it and i was also burned out after track practice which was almost everyday. Even before track started i slowly and slowly started not working out.

I kept telling my self that after track was over i would start working out again. Its been about 2 and a half weeks and i only worked out 2 times. I work out in my own house because i have a bow-flex type of machine which lets me do alot of things and i have some dumbbells.

The thing is though when i get home from school i just get so tired like while doing homework i just fall asleep or lie down and do nothing. Hell i can barely lift 20 pound dumbbells now. I dont even play video games too much now because they are in my basement and i dont feel like going to the basement. I am always feeling so weak now its horrible.

My body still looks pretty good i think its just that alot of people are saying i got way to thin. While looking at old pictures it is crazy how much weight i lost. I went down from a 32 waist size to a 28. I am eating normally and stuff i just dont know what is happening to me.

Please help me guys i want to fix

Me feeling so weak
Me feeling so Tired all the time
My weight lose problem.

Please guys i really want to change i can post before and after pictures later to show how much weight i lost

[/quote]

Ok…there are a couple of things going on here.

First let me say as a runner myself I know that lifting can help you in track and field. The type of workout you do will depend on your race, sprinters might try a pylo workout or low rep power lifts for example, distance runners would use more a toning workout.

That being said given the rest of what you wrote I think there may be something else going on here. Your only 15 you should have plenty of energy. I would go to the doctors and get checked out just in case. If that comes up clean then work on your diet and ease your way into working out again hopefully it will work.

The guys on here can be helpful, but I think in this situation they are wrong. It seems like you may have some kind of illness or deficency, or maybe your depressed who knows either way go to the Doc and get yourself checked out.

[quote]apb407 wrote:
I have been eating normally i think.

Breakfast: Either 2 Poptarts with 2-3 glasses of milk or PBJ with 2-3 glasses of milk on the weekdays

Lunch: Normally a pressed wrap with Chicken, BBQ sauce hot sauce and Cheese with a fruit juice

Snack for when i come home: Lately nothing…i just have been losing my appetite, but if i do eat its either pasta, mozzarella sticks, pizza, burritos or fruits

Dinner: Again i have been losing my appetite, if its american food i easily eat it, i dont normally like fried foods though.

Is there anything i should change i just feel like i need a massive shot of adrenaline or energy.

[/quote]

how the hell do you even function properly off that? you need 5 times that, im suprised i havent seen you on one of those commercials for starving kids in africa. your probably always tired because you dont eat anything that would fuel you.

time to bust out the whole pizzas, weight gain shakes, peanut butter sandwich, and 300 pound olympic set plan.

k i will try to eat more. I really do like eating fruits like apples and bananas and peaches are those good? Also i love carrots. I just dont want to get fat again. Do you guys have any suggestions for foods?

All fantastic foods, as long as you have some meat or other protein source with them. Also, try peanuts are your friend, you can keep them in a backpack and munch on them all day. Really, at this point in your life, even if you’re eating until you can’t stuff another bite down, as long as you bust ass at the gym you won’t get to fat.

And remember, even if you do start to gain a little bit of flab, if you’re lifting and eating relatively clean (see Berardi’s Seven Habits on the main site if you don’t know what I mean), you’ll still pack on a ton of muscle. Just keep lifting heavy and eating until you hit like 190, then worry about fat lose. I promise, it will come off pretty easily if you’ve been serious with your training.

allright thank you everybody i am going to try tomorrow. Unfortunately it isnt going to happen very fast but tomorrow i will bring carrots and a water bottle to lunch to have with my lunch and mabye get a salad on the side

you do understand that the whole idea is to consume an inhuman amount of calories everyday yeah? i dont think you will get fat, but in my opinion, it is more attractive to have less fat than more muscle. you sound to have more problems than just diet. why are you so lethargic? i can understand really, having to wake up so early and having your soul sucked out of you for seven hours in school.
also i really really hate the bowflex

I don’t think I could work out at home, either. Join a gym. Something about leaving the house makes it hard to lose motivation once I’m AT the gym.

[quote]colonelquack wrote:
I don’t think I could work out at home, either. Join a gym. Something about leaving the house makes it hard to lose motivation once I’m AT the gym.[/quote]

that plus usually people are nice to you at the gym ,after all they are there for the same reason its something about interacting with people that makes time fly.

eat more alot more dont worry about getting fat as long as you are doing something you wont get fat

eat,lift,sleep ,do good in school
also it does sound like you really just have a mental issue not saying tha tto sound mean or to say your dumb or anythig like that. but sounds like its more you are not motivated. maybe a little bit depressed from the diet and the lack of energy and stuff. ask your parents if you can see a doctor and talk to the doc about it see what they say also.

Aye yeah the gym is totaly motivating, but i disagree about the people, i hate them

[quote]apb407 wrote:
I have been eating normally i think.

Breakfast: Either a shitload of processed sugar and diary, or a shitload of processed sugar and diary with peanut butter.

Lunch: Normally a pressed wrap with Chicken, BBQ sauce hot sauce and Cheese with a fruit juice

Snack: Usually don’t eat anything, when I do it’s junk food from the fridge. Sometimes fruit.

Dinner: Not really hungry, I sometimes eat, though I can’t be too specific on what it is.

Is there anything i should change i just feel like i need a massive shot of adrenaline or energy.
[/quote]

Uh… you don’t eat particularly healthy. I mean… wow. It’s basically a bunch of saturated fat, processed sugars and diet air, with some chicken thrown in.

I’d clean up your diet, and start eating healthily. Not 100% healthy, just get some complex carbohydrates and monounsaturated fats in your diet. Shitty eating causes highs and lows in energy, and sucks, even if it doesn’t show on your body.

Oh, and yeah, eat more.

[quote]eremesu wrote:
Aye yeah the gym is totaly motivating, but i disagree about the people, i hate them[/quote]

everyplace is different I know I m lucky to find the place I am at
its a large chain and the one that I signed up at the people and equipment there is just stupid so I drive an extra 8 miles out the way to go where I do because the peole that work there and go there are nice

oh ya and the female trainers are hotter than most anything I have seen ever

[quote]nichaaron wrote:

oh ya and the female trainers are hotter than most anything I have seen ever[/quote]

"A pretty girl,
In her underwear,
A pretty girl,
In her underwear,

If there’s anything better in this world,
Who cares?"