T Nation

Don't Ever Use Soma: Warning From Experiance

Soma is quite widely used as a recreational prescription drug, and can induce some euphoria and very deep sleep.

I was using Soma for about a week at reasonably high doses (8 350mg tablets taken at once on an empty stomach). This allowed me to go to sleep comfortably whenever I wanted. I had no sides from it.

On saturday I went out drinking, got extremely drunk and passed out after throwing up. This allowed me to sleep without the use of Soma. I was slightly hung over the next day, but the next night was hell.

Craving Soma, unable to sleep, feeling numb, nausea, stomach cramps, slight visual hallucinations, complete feeling of hopelessness, shaking, twitching, and inability to walk properly.

Last night wasn’t as bad, just involved feeling pretty blank and being unable to sleep for hours.

I’m just thankful I wasn’t taking it for longer, because normally for dependence people have to be taken into detox clinics to avoid a high level of relapse, and seizures and extreme headaches.

If your doctor prescribes this to you, or you are offered some recreationally then be really really careful.

Well it was a bad idea to continuously take it at extremely high doses. Were you not expecting that to happen?

No need to warn people about it. It’s a great drug unless you have no idea what you’re doing.

So basically dont abuse drugs.

Gotcha.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
Well it was a bad idea to continuously take it at extremely high doses. Were you not expecting that to happen?

No need to warn people about it. It’s a great drug unless you have no idea what you’re doing. [/quote]

I know a lot of people use it at high doses, and don’t consider how often they use it

soma had me sleep walking.

woke up on the kitchen floor chowing down on roast beef and ham.
3 pounds of deli ham WTF!!!

[quote]Nich wrote:
soma had me sleep walking.

woke up on the kitchen floor chowing down on roast beef and ham.
3 pounds of deli ham WTF!!!
[/quote]

lol. You’ve got good bulking instincts even in your sleep.

I Know right,
could you picture someone awake,but with a glazed look in there eye,speaking in tounges,
sitting in boxers on the floor with ham on one side and a gallon of milk on the other,just chowing down like hes never seen food before.

ya soma is great,