Don't Ever Complain Again!

steroids… awesome physique, props to that guy

[quote]Game Time wrote:
What weight class would he compete in? He has a # so he can’t be a guest poser.

Not trying to be a dick but he would have 50 pounds?? or so that he could put on other areas of his frame, due to the amputation. [/quote]

It is pretty crazy to think about that dude in like, light heavyweight… dunno how heavy that prosthetic is though. This is insane no matter what though, that dude is huge, with a fake leg. Absolutely inspiring in every way possible. This makes me want to go back into the gym for a 2nd round today, seriously amazing.

The fact that he is missing a leg doesn’t make what he has done any more impressive to me.

However the fact that someone would stop training hard because they lost a leg would be pretty pathetic in my opinion. I and I think just about everyone here would continue to train even if they lost a leg.

The only inspiration I got out of this was the fact that he is big, not the fact that he managed to continue lifting with only 1 leg and excelled at it. There is a guy at my gym who lost a leg and has no problems at all lifting and has never had any complaints about his missing leg holding him back in it.

I dont see why this would make anyone feel like they cant complain about their circumstance. All we know about this guys circumstance is he lost his leg to cancer. We dont know if he works, or his work schedule, if he has a family to take care of, how much time and money he has to spend on bodybuilding, or if he is natural or not. Besides, everyones genetics are different.

So considering those last things… its pretty funny that the guy who works 40+ hours a week, has a family to take care of, perhaps a business to run or a job that completely drains him before he can get to the gym,

and doesn’t have the money to blow on a ton of food or drugs or gym memberships or weights for at home and may have prior injurys that keep him from training as hard as he could “should never complain again!”.

It is what it is, the guy got big even tho he lost his leg to cancer. But that by no means makes his situation a worse case than everyone elses. There are many people that have all their limbs and no cancer who will have a MUCH MUCH MUCH harder time doing what this guy has done.

And they aren’t going to have threads made about them with people admiring how much of a inspiration they are. They will just have threads made that tell them to “dont ever complain again!”

This is in no way a disrespect or a mock to the guy, I have the up most respect for for him from what I see and read about him. Not just because of his size, but because of what he has survived and his work ethic and ability to continue doing what he loves even through such a large adversity.

Just thought I would put the “dont ever complain again” title back into perspective because I think its a jab to allot of people who are limited in what they can do in bodybuilding because of things they cannot control.

This isnt a attack on anyone by the way, I know the intention of the thread was for motivation for others and not to insult or take away from anyone. Just showing my respect to the people in less fortunate situations who dont have threads made about how amazing they are.

The guy looks amazing, Im really surprised at how well he has done with his legs with those few exercises.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
steroids…[/quote]

probably, still tho. A ton of people have taken steroids, almost no one on the earth looks like him.

He may be on HRT from the cancer in which case you cant fault him for upping the dosages a little bit here and there.

i kneel down before him

Amazing stuff. I remember reading years ago in some muscle rag about a kid who basically had no lower portions of both arms. He has some weird hook contraption that allowed him to hang DBs and essentially bench press without arms. Necessity truly is the mother of invention.

S

I won’t quote N3wbs whole post since it would take up a ton of space, but he’s right.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Good stuff, do you have any information as far as what his physique was before the cancer/amputation? [/quote]

I read somewhere, I wish I could find it now, but that he was diagnosed with cancer at 16.

He is 34 now, and he was diagnosed in 1990, so that seems right.

Yes, there are some really built 16 year olds, but I would have to guess a lot of his work was done after 1990.

Good point about the weight class though… a leg weighs a LOT man… unless there is a way to measure the weight of one leg, and just sort of double it up?

He has a GREAT physique though… nice and balanced… (and no I’m not being a dick…) His quad is ALSO amazing… considering he doesn’t do back squats…

inspirational guy…

it occurred to me that in the 2 years between his diagnosis and having the leg amputated, he was most likely going thru chemo/radiation treatment which i’m sure didn’t leave him feeling very well.

i couldn’t imagine him having the energy level/appetite for intense workouts so i’ll speculate that most of his development most likely occurred post surgery.

he also mentions something about working on a book about his life and struggle. i’d be interested to check it out myself.

Inspiring!

But heck, back in the day, everyone used to say Arnold had no legs… and look what HE accomplished.

lol

Okay, apologies for the bad joke.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Addiction wrote:
Unbelievable, makes you wonder how on earth he got into such peak condition without HIIT, cardio etc, or how he adapted these techniques with the tools he had.

I’ve heard back in the days of Arnold and Franco, once it came time to cut up they just worked out twice a day.

Even though Jay Cutler didn’t look to good the last time he won the Olympia, I think I heard him on BB.com say he had stopped doing Cardio.

This guy probably also burns more calories than any of us just in day to day life. Imagine how much more difficult it is to just get around while only using one leg. [/quote]

I had read that that the reason for such high volume workouts for Arnold was to get or stay lean and they did no cardio, although this contradicts what Arnold said in his own book that he jogged up to 4 miles a day or something to that degree. Whether Arnold was talking shit or not who knows, but I think the point you made in the last paragraph about calorie expenditure has more to do with it than I would have first thought.

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
The fact that he is missing a leg doesn’t make what he has done any more impressive to me.

However the fact that someone would stop training hard because they lost a leg would be pretty pathetic in my opinion. I and I think just about everyone here would continue to train even if they lost a leg.

The only inspiration I got out of this was the fact that he is big, not the fact that he managed to continue lifting with only 1 leg and excelled at it. There is a guy at my gym who lost a leg and has no problems at all lifting and has never had any complaints about his missing leg holding him back in it.

I dont see why this would make anyone feel like they cant complain about their circumstance. All we know about this guys circumstance is he lost his leg to cancer. We dont know if he works, or his work schedule, if he has a family to take care of, how much time and money he has to spend on bodybuilding, or if he is natural or not. Besides, everyones genetics are different.

So considering those last things… its pretty funny that the guy who works 40+ hours a week, has a family to take care of, perhaps a business to run or a job that completely drains him before he can get to the gym,

and doesn’t have the money to blow on a ton of food or drugs or gym memberships or weights for at home and may have prior injurys that keep him from training as hard as he could “should never complain again!”.

It is what it is, the guy got big even tho he lost his leg to cancer. But that by no means makes his situation a worse case than everyone elses. There are many people that have all their limbs and no cancer who will have a MUCH MUCH MUCH harder time doing what this guy has done.

And they aren’t going to have threads made about them with people admiring how much of a inspiration they are. They will just have threads made that tell them to “dont ever complain again!”

This is in no way a disrespect or a mock to the guy, I have the up most respect for for him from what I see and read about him. Not just because of his size, but because of what he has survived and his work ethic and ability to continue doing what he loves even through such a large adversity.

Just thought I would put the “dont ever complain again” title back into perspective because I think its a jab to allot of people who are limited in what they can do in bodybuilding because of things they cannot control.

This isnt a attack on anyone by the way, I know the intention of the thread was for motivation for others and not to insult or take away from anyone. Just showing my respect to the people in less fortunate situations who dont have threads made about how amazing they are.

The guy looks amazing, Im really surprised at how well he has done with his legs with those few exercises.

[/quote]

the fact he still gets up and trains with one legs is whats impressive. wow, other people have jobs and families and go to the gym…holy shit thats crazy! if youre so booked up that you cant find 1 single hour to train 4-5 days a week then youve already made the decision you dont want to compete professionaly. he didnt decide to have cancer, but he dealt with it, thats whats so amazing.

That’s just sick.

Thanks for that, 1MR.

[quote]Addiction wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
Addiction wrote:
Unbelievable, makes you wonder how on earth he got into such peak condition without HIIT, cardio etc, or how he adapted these techniques with the tools he had.

I’ve heard back in the days of Arnold and Franco, once it came time to cut up they just worked out twice a day.

Even though Jay Cutler didn’t look to good the last time he won the Olympia, I think I heard him on BB.com say he had stopped doing Cardio.

This guy probably also burns more calories than any of us just in day to day life. Imagine how much more difficult it is to just get around while only using one leg.

I had read that that the reason for such high volume workouts for Arnold was to get or stay lean and they did no cardio, although this contradicts what Arnold said in his own book that he jogged up to 4 miles a day or something to that degree. Whether Arnold was talking shit or not who knows, but I think the point you made in the last paragraph about calorie expenditure has more to do with it than I would have first thought. [/quote]

but on the other hand, that’s a large quantity of muscle that’s he’s missing which isn’t burning calories. so in essence, his metabolism probably isn’t as efficient because of that.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
the fact he still gets up and trains with one legs is whats impressive.[/quote]

This was addressed in the first few paragraphs of Mega Newbs post.

I would imagine that anyone who actually had the dedication, passion, and work ethic to get that big in the first place would still have that drive even after losing a leg.

[quote]anonym wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
the fact he still gets up and trains with one legs is whats impressive.

I would imagine that anyone who actually had the dedication, passion, and work ethic to get that big in the first place would still have that drive even after losing a leg.[/quote]

but i think we’ve established that the bulk of his development occurred after the loss of his leg which makes his accomplishments even that much more impressive.

[quote]1morerep wrote:
anonym wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
the fact he still gets up and trains with one legs is whats impressive.

I would imagine that anyone who actually had the dedication, passion, and work ethic to get that big in the first place would still have that drive even after losing a leg.

but i think we’ve established that the bulk of his development occurred after the loss of his leg which makes his accomplishments even that much more impressive. [/quote]

Yes, but the fact remains that anyone who had the mindset to get as developed as Siudak is now would still give bodybuilding a hell of a shot no matter what setbacks they might encounter.

The people who throw in the towel in the face of any obstacle or adversity are the ones who will never get big WITH both legs, much less with only one.

I think the guy looks amazing, but I still like Newbs post a lot. It’s great that he got into the game and became successful after losing his leg, but it would be pathetic to never even give it a shot because of it.

gotcha