Don't Eat Peanuts?

Hello,

I don’t know if this is true, but I was told that it is not good to eat peanuts, they are not considered with other nuts. If true, why is that?

Thanks,

I don’t see why that would be. Plain old roasted, shelled peanuts pack in a good mixture of healthy fats. They are a good source of both mono and poly unsaturated fats. They have a decent amount of fiber. I am clueless as to why someone would say they are “bad”. Maybe the ones that are salted, with high sodium, but only for someone who has to watch their sodium intake. Eat away, unless you are allergic.

Thanks, I found it hard to believe as well. I was told “they are not real nuts” or some nonsense.

[quote]dtehollis wrote:
Thanks, I found it hard to believe as well. I was told “they are not real nuts” or some nonsense.[/quote]

Peanuts are actually legumes, not nuts. As for their nutritional quality, I wouldn’t worry too much. They are not as healthy as walnuts, almonds, and macadamia nuts, but they are good way to get some extra colories.

Read up, it’s fascinating!

[quote]dtehollis wrote:
Thanks, I found it hard to believe as well. I was told “they are not real nuts” or some nonsense.[/quote]

Peanuts are actually a legume of the plant Arachis hypogaea.

http://www.peanutsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.page&pid=32

Thanks, the both of you, for clarifying that for me. I did not know that lol…

I’ve read peanuts carry a fungus that has estrogen like effects and can be carcinogenic. Charles Poliquin says to stay away from them.

While we are on food thatisnt actually what you think ; the banana is actually a herb

[quote]NeilMc wrote:
While we are on food thatisnt actually what you think ; the banana is actually a herb[/quote]

And of course, by now everybody knows that tomatoes are actually a fruit.

[quote]Norwell Bob wrote:
NeilMc wrote:
While we are on food thatisnt actually what you think ; the banana is actually a herb

And of course, by now everybody knows that tomatoes are actually a fruit.[/quote]

And strawberries aren’t berries, right?

Or is it raspberries that aren’t berries…?

[quote]NeilMc wrote:
While we are on food thatisnt actually what you think ; the banana is actually a herb[/quote]

finally found something legal to smoke.

[quote]Hagar wrote:
I’ve read peanuts carry a fungus that has estrogen like effects and can be carcinogenic. Charles Poliquin says to stay away from them. [/quote]

Really…?

LIES!

I read an article, make a decision to follow it, and then forget why. I have no explaination, but I read it from Berardi’s nutrional articles. It might have been essentials but I am too lazy to look it up.