Dont Diet Question ATTN John Berardi or Dont Diet PPL

John or other knowledgeable T-men, I have a couple questions. I searched for answers but only found mixed responses. First, I’m trying to do massive eating with a calorie deficit and some light cardio to get a little leaner before summer. I lift at around 2:45 and after I run a bit its like 4:00 so I drink my Surge shake. That would usually be my third or fourth meal of the day, and my meals after that should be protein/fat, but if I’m trying to preserve muscle mass I have a feeling my meal after surge should contain carbs? But if I do then I’ll only have two protein/fat meals. Also, I bought some advanced protein to use with my protein/fat meals. I was going to take 40 grams of it with flax oil before bed, but people have mixed opinions about eating fat before bed, and the flax oil serving is 13 grams, what’s your opinion? I’m also concerned I won’t get enough fat in my diet. Don’t flame me, I have searched and read like of your posts and articles.

I have been doing massive eating with a calorie deficit as well and have had great results. With your schedule I would go meal #1 pro-carb #2 pro-fat #3 post wo surge #4 pro-carb #5 pro-fat. That is only 5 meals though. Try and squeeze in another pro-fat before bed. If not have meal #4 pro-fat instead of pro-carb. I would think the surge would facilitate recovery enough that you don’t “need” and second pro-carb meal after your workout. JB said if trying to get lean then the next meal after surge could be pro-carb. Give it a try. Oh, and don’t sweat the fat intake before bed. No scientific reason that this would be unproductive to getting leaner. I would make sure to get the 6-10g DHA/EPA from fish oils though. They sell a good concentrated liquid at vitacost. 9 bucks for 24 tablespoons. Each TB has 1.67g DHA/EPA and 56 cals. Have a spoonful of that before bed.

try this…eat all p+f meals in the am (2 or 3 of them before training). then have surge after training at 4. then at 5:30-6 eat a carb+protein meal. then have 2-3 more p+f meals before bed. it’s that simple.

Boy,you’re not going to do any better than that!It kills
me every time one of the big guys answers a post.That’s
why I love this forum!Thanks,Mr.J.M.B.I use your diet and
I love it!