Don't Diet or T-Dawg 2.0

Which would you choose for losing fat on CW’s Next Big Three program?

T-dawg 2.0 is one of my favorite “target date type diets”. I’m not usually a fan of aggressive diets but T-Dawg 2.0 has some elements of biological/ lifestyle rhythms that make sense to me.

As for meshing it with a given proprietary exercise regime, I’ll leave that to those with experience under those prescriptive principles (frequency, intensity, duration, type of exercise).

Lonman makes good point, but I personally would choose Berardi’s Don’t Diet because I like carbs. I can drop into the high single digits having them so I see no reason not to. If for some reasone I wanted to drop into the low-mid single digits and get competition-shredded, I would look to cut them more. But everyone’s different.

[quote]Lonnie Lowery wrote:
T-dawg 2.0 is one of my favorite “target date type diets”. I’m not usually a fan of aggressive diets but T-Dawg 2.0 has some elements of biological/ lifestyle rhythms that make sense to me.

As for meshing it with a given proprietary exercise regime, I’ll leave that to those with experience under those prescriptive principles (frequency, intensity, duration, type of exercise). [/quote]

LL,

You got me thinking because I am beginning to to start off some T-Dawg 2.0 myself. Is there a reason you describe T-Dawg 2.0 as a “target date type diet”? Or am I just taking something very simple and unduly complicating it? It’s been a long day at work, so the latter is a distinct possibility. lol

Thanks!

Kuz

[quote]Lonnie Lowery wrote:

As for meshing it with a given proprietary exercise regime, I’ll leave that to those with experience under those prescriptive principles (frequency, intensity, duration, type of exercise). [/quote]

So you are saying that it is good if a person wants to get to x weight or y% BF by a certain goal date, like a wedding or something such as that.

Is it not something you would use all year long? I seems like there could be issues with nutrient deficiencies if one were to use it long-term.

[quote]So you are saying that it is good if a person wants to get to x weight or y% BF by a certain goal date, like a wedding or something such as that.

Is it not something you would use all year long? I seems like there could be issues with nutrient deficiencies if one were to use it long-term. [/quote]

Yes, this is along the lines of my thinking. Nearly any “diet” you see here or elsewhere has limitations that make them less than optimal for ad infinitum (permanent lifestyle) change. Dietary variety could be limited, reducing overall nutrient intake and perhaps more importantly, the changes are not subtle enough compared to one’s previous dietary habits and social/financial/physical environment that have been entrenched over many years. Asking someone to just jump right into a very low-carb diet or eat 10 servings of veggies per day very rarely lasts. The rule of behavior modification is that only small changes are incorporated long-term - and those are the ones that induce real bodily change.

Since the reality is that many people want a fast solution, however, I simply distinguish between “long haul diet habits” (better but slower) and “target date” types of diets. In a world of charismatic gurus and catchy diet books and systems, I hope this makes sense.