Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

We’re going to have to start another recipe thread just for the pressure cooker stuff.

I got a different brand (Crock Pot) the other day as well and have done a few things in it (rice, chicken thighs in BBQ, steamed green beans)

I needed to replace my pressure cooker and figured I’d get this type that can do pressure or not (adjustable time/pressure) and give it a go.

So far so good!

1 Like

hammer down, homie… 240# by Spring Break!!!

I definitely have the urge but I know better. 222 by March 1st, then 226 by June, then 228 by August.

It’s so painfully slow! I could be 228 in a week - - - especially if I started taking creatine again.

2 Likes

I wish i could get fat like you guys can lol

It will come with age… And you might regret saying this.

4 Likes

Oh i shall but il enjoy my cakes and donuts and chips for now lolll

2 Likes

You realize I have to measure my food with a scale now? I eat well–way more and better than most people–but it’s a pain in the ass.

During my college days my meals would be a larger pizza, bagel bites, mozzarella sticks (fried), ramen noodles, tack bell, and other garbage.

During my freshman year I struggled to manage my money. My parents supported me but I lived on my own. Baseball was a full time job. Once I received my monthly allowance I’d blow it on beer. I’d spend the rest of the month broke. I remember a meal consisting of a big can of Bush’s Baked Beans.

3 Likes

Woke at 220.8 lbs.

Yesterday’s Nutrition
3530 calories, 372g carbs, 134g fat, 230g protein.
I’m so happy to be back at 3500 calories!!! The only thing I’ve increased is carbs and basically that means I get to eat my PB&J’s again. It’s nice to go through the day without constant hunger.

Best Damn 5/3/1 W2 D5
RECUMBENT BIKE
15 min fat loss program. Strange machine; I couldn’t set the resistance for the whole program. It just did its own thing and it was way too easy but my legs needed a light day.

BENCH (5/3/1 R/P)
135 x 10 x 2 sets
165 x 3
185 x 3
210 x 7-4-3 (15 breaths between r/p sets)

SEATED DB OHP (MYO)
40 x 10
45 x 10
50 x 11-3-3-3-2

LEG EXTENSION (R LEG) (mTor)
65 x 10
75 x 10
85 x 14 + 20 sec iso hold
superset with
CABLE PRESS DOWN (MYO)
120 x 10
140 x 10
160 x 11-3-3-3-3-2

HANGING KNEE RAISE
3 x 8 slowly w/ BW

5 Likes

Woke at 220.0 lbs.

Yesterday’s Nutrition
3480 calories, 404g carbs, 105g fat, 257g protein.

No training today. I had to take the kids to Daycare this morning and I don’t want to lift after work. Actually, I do, but I need a day off. Tomorrow will be workout #6 of the week and Sunday will be workout #1 of next week. I can’t pass up training when I can do it at work.

energizerbunny

3 Likes

I have nothing better to do these days. I actually even feel GOOD when I get up early and lift before work–and I have to be here by 0700. It’s a weird phase for me but I’ll take it.

Maybe I have extra energy since I’m not playing basketball or running?

1 Like

Back at work already? Taught you’d be able to take some paid time of to recuperate properly.

I don’t have enough time to burn. I took two weeks off. I’m on “light duty” now. Today I’m working out of the station taking phone calls and walk-in reports. I hate it. All of the crap calls are sent to me here. I’m here Thursdays and Fridays and I go up to our Records department on weekends. Up there I don’t have to do anything. I help get old cases off the shelves by verifying that they’re scanned into the electric system and then they can be shredded. I also take an extended lunch break in the weight room :slight_smile:

Edit: I only get 48 hours of sick time per year. I’ll hit my 5 year anniversary late this year and then it goes up to 96 hours a year.

2 Likes

WTF 48 hours !
That is stupid. In my country, I know we can’t compare, but if you’re sick you’re sick. Thought you did it, because, you got crazy going around home.
Man get on them barricades and get some rights.

Ha! Our department scales our leave time. The guys with 30 years typically retire but stay on the books using sick leave for over a year. I’ll get more every couple of years now. Unfortunately, I need the time now because I have young kids.

If daycare calls and says my kid is sick then I have to take off work and go get them. They’re not allowed to return until their fever/diarrhea is gone for 24 hrs. So if they send the kid home at noon then I pretty much have to take off two days. There goes half my leave for the year.

I had almost 11 days of sick leave (110 hrs) before my surgery. I used 5 days of leave and took advantage of 3 holidays to take off two weeks. I need to save some time in case my kids are sick. And they’ve been sick about every week this year.

1 Like

Not questioning your parenting skills but what are your kids eating/are they exercising/playing around enough?

Being sick every week shouldn’t be the case even with kids

It’s been a rough year around here. Everyone, everywhere has been sick multiple times this winter. Our kids go to the Kid Zone at the YMCA (3 days a week for 1-2 hrs) and church (1 hr a week) as well as daycare (2 days a week). I think they’re just getting bombarded with crap from all the other kids.

Our nurse at the doctor’s office told my wife that she’s never seen the cold/flu season be this bad. Our version of the flu this year can be lethal for kids.

But to answer your question in simple terms, yes they play and eat well. My wife is a vegan marathon runner so between the two of us we’re pretty health conscious.

2 Likes

I remember when my kids were well kids.
One year they got sick maybe not every week, but close enough.
You go to work and pray the damn phone won’t ring.
Hope the best for your kids and that they soon will get immune to just about everything.
As they grew a little older, they were never sick. I watched the phone, ring and give me a day of goddamnit.

1 Like

Woke at 220.8 lbs.

Yesterday’s Nutrition
3708 calories, 387g carbs, 108g fat, 235g protein.

Best Damn 5/3/1 W2 D6
WARM UP
Airdyne 10 minutes
Pull-Ups 3 x 7
45* Back Ext 2 x 25

UNDERHAND CABLE ROW (MYO)
150 x 10
170 x 10
170 x 13-3-3-3-3-3-3-2

LYING LEG CURL (mTor)
40 x 10 right leg / 8 left leg
45 x 8 right leg / 6 left leg
45 x 7 right leg / 5 left leg + 30 sec DL iso hold

LAT PULL DOWN (mTor)
100 x 10
120 x 10
140 x 10
Hard to get a stretch on this. I tried but all I could feel was my forearms burning.

VOYER SHRUG
200 x 10
240 x 10
300 x 15

REVERSE CABLE CURL (MYO)
90 x 10
100 x 8
100 x 14-3-3-2

My nerve pain is much better but the weakness and dysfunction is still there. I struggle on pull-ups, rows, curls, and the voyer shrugs felt off today. My right delt and brachialis were burning during my final set. That’s definitely not what I was hoping to achieve with that movement. I guess I’ll call it a win that the pain is better and hopefully my strength comes back sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

well darn, that’s not the case with my departement, I can call in sick whenever I want, as long as I go to the doctor within the same or next day and he verifies and sends the station the papers. Some officers do misuse it though, especially the women, they are sick like at least a month total each year plus the holidays.
used it once actually when my work schedule was so fucked up I was completely psychologicaly wrecked, went to the doc and said I had a stomach flu, got a few days off, cause my country is still not up to date with looking after psycholigical health of individualy, you say you need to see a shrink and everyone thinks youre just a sissy, even doctors, lol