'Don't Be That Guy at The Gym'

Lulz is a new guy on TNation adding all the women to his friends list…even the ones who aren’t here anymore. Oh, and Count Rockula. That made me smile all day.

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:
I genuinely lol’d at ‘the noob’. Especially the exaggerated cheat curls.[/quote]

These cheat curls are considered normal curls in the shit hole gym i go to!

heyyy byukid, my sister goes to BYU too. go marry her. and teach her the importance of squats

[quote]iStandOnMyHands wrote:
heyyy byukid, my sister goes to BYU too. go marry her. and teach her the importance of squats[/quote]

He is married already.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

heyyy byukid, my sister goes to BYU too. go marry her. and teach her the importance of squats[/quote]

He is married already.

[/quote]

Mormon, dosn’t matter.

^lol

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

He is married already.

[/quote]

Ummmmmmm…do I need to state the obvious?..He’s Mormon, ya know.

Yes, I know we have the “good” Mormons (with one wife) and the “bad” Mormons (multiple wives) but how do you know for sure which one the Kid is?[/quote]

the LDS church (mormon) got rid of polygamy (the practice of having multiple wives) in the 1800s. the LDS church is the ones who own BYU. the FLDS church (a break-off from the mormon church that started back in the 1800s when the prophet joseph smith died and everyone had new ideas as to who the prophet should be… one guy went off, proclaimed himself the new prophet, and called his church the FLDS) practices polygamy to this day. they arent mormons. theyre all over the news for that guy warren jeffs and his sex scandal. if you practice polygamy in the LDS church, they excommunicate you. meaning you can no longer claim to be associated with them in any way. LDS = latter day saints. FLDS = fundamentalist latter day saints
LDS (mormon) = no polygamy
FLDS (not mormon) = polygamy

as for you being married, darnit. itd be sweet to have a brother in law who knows how to werk awt for once.

This thread is getting creepy.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

He is married already.

[/quote]

Yes, I know we have the “good” Mormons (with one wife) and the “bad” Mormons (multiple wives) but how do you know for sure which one the Kid is?[/quote]

the LDS church (mormon) got rid of polygamy (the practice of having multiple wives) in the 1800s. the LDS church is the ones who own BYU. the FLDS church (a break-off from the mormon church that started back in the 1800s when the prophet joseph smith died and everyone had new ideas as to who the prophet should be… one guy went off, proclaimed himself the new prophet, and called his church the FLDS) practices polygamy to this day. they arent mormons. theyre all over the news for that guy warren jeffs and his sex scandal. if you practice polygamy in the LDS church, they excommunicate you. meaning you can no longer claim to be associated with them in any way. LDS = latter day saints. FLDS = fundamentalist latter day saints

as for you being married, darnit. itd be sweet to have a brother in law who knows how to werk awt for once. [/quote]

Sorry.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

He is married already.

[/quote]

as for you being married, darnit. itd be sweet to have a brother in law who knows how to werk awt for once. [/quote]

All of this ^ I’ve known for a decade or more longer than you’ve been alive.[/quote]

^dont pretend to know more about my religion than me. and, if theyre as you put, a “bad mormon” who practices polygamy, then they arent a mormon at all. theyre just a bad person.

Now some one-armed handstand pushups on a bosu ball…That would be impressive.
Everything that’s really cool happens on a bosu ball.

There is a guy at my gym who does one-armed handstand pushups, and all his pullups and hanging leg raises seem to turn into some Circ de Soleil-type maneuver. Somehow he doesn’t even look like he’s showing off. It’s just kinda awesome.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

He is married already.

[/quote]

All of this ^ I’ve known for a decade or more longer than you’ve been alive.[/quote]

^dont pretend to know more about my religion than me. and, if theyre as you put, a “bad mormon” who practices polygamy, then they arent a mormon at all. theyre just a bad person.[/quote]

I don’t have to pretend. Everything you wrote I knew before you were a twinkle in Pa’s eye. That doesn’t mean I know more about your religion than you do; it means “all of this ^ I’ve known for a decade or more longer than you’ve been alive.”

Also you might want to learn what quote marks can and do mean under certain circumstances. I put “bad” and “good” in quotes for a reason. Those who understand English grammar better than you will understand.

In addition, had you been to LDS seminary in the 80’s in Idaho Falls, ID you might very well have been taught that polygamy WILL make a return to the LDS church.[/quote]

lol, im not gonna bible bash with you, but i’ll correct the false doctrine you profess. it won’t return, theres probably a reason it was only taught in one seminary. because that teacher was probably insane. i used quotation marks correctly. they’re not called quote marks, they’re quotation marks. quote is not an abbreviation for quotation.

oh the irony. shut up. i don’t care if you’ve known it longer, i know more about it. that’s like taking my grandma, who’s known about exercise longer, and saying she’s more qualified to talk about just cause she heard it first.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

He is married already.

[/quote]

^dont pretend to know more about my religion than me. and, if theyre as you put, a “bad mormon” who practices polygamy, then they arent a mormon at all. theyre just a bad person.[/quote]

I don’t have to pretend. Everything you wrote I knew before you were a twinkle in Pa’s eye. That doesn’t mean I know more about your religion than you do; it means “all of this ^ I’ve known for a decade or more longer than you’ve been alive.”

Also you might want to learn what quote marks can and do mean under certain circumstances. I put “bad” and “good” in quotes for a reason. Those who understand English grammar better than you will understand.

In addition, had you been to LDS seminary in the 80’s in Idaho Falls, ID you might very well have been taught that polygamy WILL make a return to the LDS church.[/quote]

lol, im not gonna bible bash with you, but i’ll correct the false doctrine you profess. it won’t return, theres probably a reason it was only taught in one seminary. because that teacher was probably insane. i used quotation marks correctly. they’re not called quote marks, they’re quotation marks. quote is not an abbreviation for quotation.

oh the irony. shut up. i don’t care if you’ve known it longer, i know more about it. that’s like taking my grandma, who’s known about exercise longer, and saying she’s more qualified to talk about just cause she heard it first.[/quote]

ignore handstand, the dude is posting stupid shit all over T Nation. He’s a 100 pound 16 year old know-it-all.

…but he can stand on his hands

…if his name wasn’t clear enough, his avatar should help.

Push,

I wouldn’t call the FLDS a sect of the LDS church- a branch off of it perhaps, but unique and unconnected in any leadership or oversight. There’s no crossing over between the two.

Fortunately, what is taught by Seminary teachers as doctrine is not necessarily doctrine. Polygamy will probably exist in the eternities (i.e. God has given no indication that He will dissolve polygamous unions that he approved of), but as for it being reinstated and actively practiced, it is doubtful. There is an unfortunate tendency of members of all religions to offer reasons where there perhaps should not be. Even Brigham Young offered a few contradictory insights (though they can be reconciled, however, not easily) about Polygamy and other doctrines.

As for the Manifesto, considering Polygamy continued to be practice in the Mexican colonies and parts of Canada, it is clear there was some reaction to the illegal seizure of Church property. Can God not give the church advice about how to proceed in this case? Of course he can, you and I both know that. I know from your study that you’ve reconciled yourself to a satisfactory explanation, and you probably know a few points and counterpoints in regard to the Manifesto, so we needn’t rehash that here. iStandOnMyHands is (hopefully) well intentioned, but he’d be well to temper his thoughts and commentary with reason.