Don't Be An Asterisk

Has anyone seen these ads about “not being an asterisk?” and abstaining from steroids? They make me sick. I can’t believe with all the other things fucked up in the world that this is what we have to have commercials against.

Plus, it’s hilarious because it’s sponsored by the US Olympic Committee. I’d go so far as to say that any sport it’s possible to medal in without drugs, isn’t a sport.

Propaganda is a funny, yet sickening thing…

Ive got no problem at all if the message they wanna get across is don’t use anabolic steroids in high school sports.

Don’t really see how you can argue against that.

If you’re using a banned substance in competition against others who are not, then you’re a cheater, simple as that.

If you just wanna take some extra vitamin T on your own time, thats perfectly fine, but if you’re taking a kids scholarship spot and winning trophies in high school thanks in part to a needle in your ass, then you’re no good in my book.

And again I wanna point out that I’ve got no problem with intelligent AAS use for well educated adults.

The thing is that most people are scared off of steroids like if they’re the devil because of propaganda. There very rarely is “intelligent use” because there’s a lot of misinformation out there and people have so many preconceived notions that are generally wrong because of this.

I’m for more information and less deception.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
The thing is that most people are scared off of steroids like if they’re the devil because of propaganda. [/quote]

Kind of like how steroids are defended at all costs on these boards, even by those that have no knowledge of them whatsoever?

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Ive got no problem at all if the message they wanna get across is don’t use anabolic steroids in high school sports.

Don’t really see how you can argue against that.

If you’re using a banned substance in competition against others who are not, then you’re a cheater, simple as that.

If you just wanna take some extra vitamin T on your own time, thats perfectly fine, but if you’re taking a kids scholarship spot and winning trophies in high school thanks in part to a needle in your ass, then you’re no good in my book.

And again I wanna point out that I’ve got no problem with intelligent AAS use for well educated adults.[/quote]

Good post.

Sorry, but I’d much rather have people thinking steroids are something they’re not, opposed to people who do no research or don’t take the time to intelligently plan a cycle and know the physiological demands they’ll be placing on the body - especially kids.

You know, I know, we all know how we were when we were younger - the more you do something, the better/bigger you’re going to be, right?

Actually, I back the campaign 100% - because it’s geared towards kids and young people… who have no business using steroids.

i thought this shit was gonna be a Clearasil commercial.

you guys are retarded saying this is geared towards high school kids. its geared to saying steroids make you a cheater and an “asterisk” which is just a reference to what Marc Ecko did to Barry Bonds homerun ball (putting an asterisk on it).

all these commercials do is reinforce the negative stereotypes already believed by everyone. so now everyone with acne is on steroids, no no, now everyone in HIGH SCHOOL with acne (probaly 90% of everyone) is on steroids, great fucking message.

@ OP, how is running more of a sport than swimming? every sprinter used AAS but theres no way Michael Phelps did. so fuck you, peace.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

@ OP, how is running more of a sport than swimming? every sprinter used AAS but theres no way Michael Phelps did. so fuck you, peace.
[/quote]

Can you back that up?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i thought this shit was gonna be a Clearasil commercial.[/quote]

I thought the same damn thing the first time I saw that commercial. I was all like: “dude, what the fuck? Asterisk? The fuck that has to do with zits and shit?”

Serious. Plus, that kid didn’t look like he was taking steroids. Kind of disappointing.

LOL. Thats probably lost on anyone who hasn’t spent some time in France though

Interestingly, that little dude and his mates were juiced to the gills, if you read the comics. They didn;t call em roids though lol.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
.[/quote]

Definitely geared towards high school and college athletes – who have no business messing with steroids.

And the message they are aiming for is entirely true in our society. If you use AAS in a competition setting in which they are banned, when other athletes are not, then you are cheating. How is that even debatable?

And like another poster mentioned, what you do in the off season is your own business.

Like all controversies, there are outstanding arguments both for and against the use of AAS. Like most of the community here, I support the use of steroids when used with the proper knowledge and diet. Unfortunately, this excludes 99% of the steroid using population. Just be happy that this community is that 1% that are willing to do what it takes to become as knowledgeable as possible regarding the issue.

[quote]SonnabenD wrote:
Definitely geared towards high school and college athletes – who have no business messing with steroids.

And the message they are aiming for is entirely true in our society. If you use AAS in a competition setting in which they are banned, when other athletes are not, then you are cheating. How is that even debatable?

And like another poster mentioned, what you do in the off season is your own business.

Like all controversies, there are outstanding arguments both for and against the use of AAS. Like most of the community here, I support the use of steroids when used with the proper knowledge and diet. Unfortunately, this excludes 99% of the steroid using population. Just be happy that this community is that 1% that are willing to do what it takes to become as knowledgeable as possible regarding the issue. [/quote]

It’s debatable because getting caught is the difference between a genetic freak kid superior to others winning championships, or a loser who will never amount to anything.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:

Interestingly, that little dude and his mates were juiced to the gills, if you read the comics. They didn;t call em roids though lol.

Iron Dwarf wrote:
[/quote]

True. Obelix was on gear since he was a baby. I think he did his fair share of GH too. Asterix is proof that steroids can stunt your growth…

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:

Iron Dwarf wrote:
[/quote]

Magic potion. :slight_smile:

Best comic ever by the way.

[quote]Bloobird wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:

Iron Dwarf wrote:

Magic potion. :slight_smile:

Best comic ever by the way.[/quote]

I agree. And of all the things I’ve gotten rid of since I was a boy, I STILL have my stack of those books!

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

Serious. Plus, that kid didn’t look like he was taking steroids. Kind of disappointing.[/quote]

No, shit.

I know it’s been a while since I was in high school but he was tiny.

[quote]tedro wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
The thing is that most people are scared off of steroids like if they’re the devil because of propaganda.

Kind of like how steroids are defended at all costs on these boards, even by those that have no knowledge of them whatsoever?[/quote]

Ah you assume it’s only steroids, I defend anything that is ostracized by “the masses” when I know “the masses” have very little knowledge about the original topic in the first place.

“Preconceived notions are the locks on the doors of wisdom” kinda thing.