'Don't Be a FatAss!' Log

WSFL - Day 11

I decided to weigh-in again 1st thing this morning. With the hard work I’ve been putting in, I simply didn’t want believe I’d only lost 2 lbs. last week. Guess what? 218 lbs., 21.5%. Not bad. That brings my totals to -5 lbs., -1.5% since beginning the program (10 days ago). I’m pretty excited on finishing out the 28-day plan now that I see that works like advertised.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 omega-3 eggs; 3 slices turkey bacon; 1/2 cup each of diced red bell pepper and onion; 1 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

Snack: On Whey Gold Meal

Lunch: 7.5 oz grilled chicken, chopped; 2 cups baby spinach; 1/2 cup chopped onion; 2 tbsp. mayo

Peri-workout: 20g BCAA’s (I tried eating my second snack here and not eating after dinner but I was having a hard time falling sleep. So, I’d rather tough it out between lunch and dinner than later.)

Dinner: 7 oz. grilled chicken, 2 cups diced summer squash; 4 tsp. EVOO

Snack: 1.5 scoops wey protein; 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1 tbsp. natural p.b.

WSFL - Day 11

I decided to weigh-in again 1st thing this morning. With the hard work I’ve been putting in, I simply didn’t want believe I’d only lost 2 lbs. last week. Guess what? 218 lbs., 21.5%. Not bad. That brings my totals to -5 lbs., -1.5% since beginning the program (10 days ago). I’m pretty excited on finishing out the 28-day plan now that I see that works like advertised.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 omega-3 eggs; 3 slices turkey bacon; 1/2 cup each of diced red bell pepper and onion; 1 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

Snack: On Whey Gold Meal

Lunch: 7.5 oz grilled chicken, chopped; 2 cups baby spinach; 1/2 cup chopped onion; 2 tbsp. mayo

Peri-workout: 20g BCAA’s (I tried eating my second snack here and not eating after dinner but I was having a hard time falling sleep. So, I’d rather tough it out between lunch and dinner than later.)

Dinner: 7 oz. grilled chicken, 2 cups diced summer squash; 4 tsp. EVOO

Snack: 1.5 scoops wey protein; 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1 tbsp. natural p.b.

Workout:

Cardio - 5 min. warm-up; 4 rounds of 60/120 sec. intervals; 5 min. very low intensity; 20 min. moderate intensity, 3 min. cooldown

Good job on the weight loss. I am interested to see how well you do over the whole 28 days.

Thanks, enmark. I got a lil’ carried away during the last UFC event Saturday night(too many wings!), so my weight jumped a bit over the weekend. However, after last week, I learned that I really need to weigh about every 10 days instead of very week. That gives me a couple of days to undo the slight damage.

WSFL - Days 12-15

(I was out-of-town on business Friday and was didn’t have access to a pc. Then I spent the entire Memorial Day Holiday weekend looking for houses after signing a contract to sell mine. So, I have much to post today.)

Day 12

Food:

Breakfast: 1 scoop whey protein; 2/3 cup cottage cheese; 2 tsp. p.b.; 2 tbsp. flax seed meal

Snack: 2 pieces string cheese; 2/3 cup cottage cheese; 2 tbsp. flax seed meal

Lunch: Grilled Salmon Salad (approx. 6 oz. salmon, baby spinach; feta cheese, olives, sauteed onion, baslamic vinaigrette

Pre-workout: 1 scoop whey protein

Dinner: Grilled Chicken Salad (exactly like lunch)

Workout: (I was pressed for time today to I only had time to do the metabolic work.) C1 - DB Romanian D.L. (25 lbs.) w/ C2 - Swiss Ball Crunch; 12 reps each for 10 min.; D1 - Step-up (BW) w/ DB Swing (30 lbs.); 12 reps each for 10 min.

Day 13

Food:

Breakfast (1.5 hours pre-workout): 1 Turkey Sausage link; 1/2 cup each chopped onion and green bell pepper; 2 omega-3 eggs, 1 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

Snack: 2 scoops whey protein; 1/2 cup frozen cherries; 2 tbsp. flax seed meal (blended into shake)

Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad

Snack: 1 cup cottage cheese; 1/2 cup blueberries

Dinner: 10-12 wings from Wing Stop; 2 cups celery sticks; Route 44 Diet DP from Sonic

Workout: ( I think the stress of the “house situation” is wearing on me because my workout sucked!) Cardio - 5 min. warm-up; 4 rounds of 60/120 sec. intervals; 5 min. very low intensity; 20 min. moderate intensity, 3 min. cooldown

Day 14

Food:

Breakfast: 1 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patty; 2 egg whites; 1 whole omega-3 egg; 1/2 cup each of chopped onion and green bell pepper; 1 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

Snack: 1 cup cottage cheese; 1 tbsp. chopped walnuts

Lunch: 7 oz. Grilled Swordfish; large caesar salad

Snack: 2 scoops whey protein

Dinner: 6 oz. grilled chicken; 2 cups broccoli; 1 tbsp. butter

Day 15

Food:
(I followed a “Sunday” meal plan because my gym was closed for the holiday.)

Breakfast: 2 Omega-3 eggs; 1/2 cup each of chopped onion and red bell pepper; 1 oz. cheddar cheese

Snack: 12 almonds 1 scoop whey protein

Lunch: 7 oz. grilled chicken; 2 cups broccoli; 3 tsp. EVOO; 1 tsp. butter

Dinner: 7 oz. grilled chicken; 1 cup cooked spaghetti squash; 3 tsp. EVOO; 3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese

Snack: 1.5 scoops whey protein; 1 tbsp. p.b.

Workout:

N/A (gym was closed)

WSFL - Day 16

Food:

Breakfast: (I found something similar to the Al Fresca Chicken Sausage, yay!) 1 HoneySuckle Turkey Sausage; 2 omega-3 eggs; 1/2 cup each chopped onion and green bell pepper; 1 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

Snack: 2 scoops whey protein; 18 almonds; 1 small gala apple

Lunch: 7 oz. grilled chicken; 2 cups baby spinach; 1/2 cup chopped tomato; 1 tbsp. each of EVOO and red wine vinegar; 1/2 oz. diced cheddar cheese

Pre-workout: 20g BCAAs

Dinner: 10 oz. grilled tilapia; 12 asparagus spears; 4 tsp. EVOO

Snack: 1/2 scoop whey protein; 1 cup fat-free yogurt; 1/2 cup blueberries; 3 tbsp. walnuts

Workout:

Cardio - 5 min. warm-up; 5 rounds of 60/120 sec. intervals; 5 min. very low intensity; 20 min. moderate intensity, 3 min. cooldown

WSFL - Day 17

Well, I did indeed undo the damage from Saturday and am down another lb. (217), but I’ll weigh-in officially tommorrow. The house “situation” is stressing me out, so I’m gonna have to be extra diligent since I tend to be an emotional eater. We’re supposed to close on the sale of our current house on June 13th and the two houses we’ve found have both been sold out from under us in the last two days. Dang.

Food:

Breakfast: 4 strips x-tra lean turkey bacon; 2 omega-3 eggs; 1 oz. cheddar cheese; 3 tbsp. salsa

Lunch: 7 oz. grilled chicken; 1.5 cups chopped cucumber; 1/2 cup chopped tomato; 2 tsp. EVOO; 4 tbsp. feta cheese

Dinner: 8 oz. steak, 2 cups steamed broccoli; 1/2 cup fat-free yogurt

Snack: 1.5 scoops whey protein; 18 almonds; 1 small gala apple

Workout: Ugh!!!

My back started acting up pretty bad about 3 reps into my second set. That basically ended the goblet squat and made the prone jackknife part of the ‘A’ circuit and the squat/press in circuit ‘B’ a lil’ painful. I may end up having to find some alternative moves, eventhough Cosgrove and Roussell say that’s a no-no. What else am I gonna do? I’ve made some decent progress and don’t want to stop the program but I fear re-injurying my back. I have an appointment to get a second (the last one was almonst 2 years ago) epideral steroid injection and an appointment next week with a sports doc. I’m beginning to wonder if the stress of the house “situation” is having an effect on the area. I haven’t been sleeping well. We order a new bed that should be here next week, so maybe that’ll help. I was able to do the intervals and increase the rounds to 10 since the rest of my workout was shot.

Intervals: 5 min. warm-up; 10 rounds of 30/90; 5 min, cooldown on the elliptical

WSFL - Day 18

Food:

Breakfast: 4 oz. x-tra lean ground beef; 2 omega-3 eggs, 1/2 cup chopped tomato and onion, 4 tbsp. feta cheese

Snack: 2/3 cup cottage cheese; 2 pieces string cheese; 6 almonds

Lunch: 7 oz. grilled chicken, 2 cups steamed broccoli; 3 tsp. EVOO; 1 tsp. butter

Pre-workout: 20g BCAAs

Dinner: 7 oz. salmon; 2 cups baby spinach: 1/2 cup chopped red onion; 3 tsp. EVOO; 2 tbsp. crumbled blue cheese

Snack: 1.5 scoops whey protein; 1 tbsp. p.b.; 1/2 cup froen cherries

Workout:

CardioCardio - 5 min. warm-up; 5 rounds of 60/120 sec. intervals (I did some heavy bag work for these. I was in decent shape prior to my back injury and was training in American Kickboxing. I haven’t done much bag work since and had forgotten how sore one can become from such a workout!); 5 min. very low intensity; 20 min. moderate intensity (treadmill, 3.5 mph at 5% incline), 3 min. cooldown

WSFL - Day 19

Food:

Breakfast: 4 strips x-tra lean turkey bacon; 2 omega-3 eggs; 1 oz. cheddar cheese; 3 tbsp. salsa

Lunch: 7 oz. grilled chicken; 2 cups baby spinach; 1/2 cup each of chopped tomato and red onion; 1 tbsp. each of EVOO and red wine vinegar; 2 tbsp. goat cheese

Pre-workout: 1 scoop whey protein; 45g carbs

Dinner: 8 oz. steak; 12 asparagus spears; 1 tbsp. butter

Snack: 1/2 scoop whey protein; 1 cup fat-free yogurt; 1/2 cup blueberries; 3 tbsp. walnuts

Workout: I decided to incorporate some moves I know I can do that won’t aggravate my back but I wanted to stay within the general framework of the WSFL lifting plan. Here’s what I came up with for today: Circuit ‘A’: Prisoner Squat w/ Pull-ups, max sets of 8 for 10 min.; Circuit ‘B’: Walking Lunges w/ Blast Straps push-ups, max sets of 10 for 10 min.; Circuit ‘C’: Step-ups w/ Swissball Crunches, max sets of 12 for 10 min.

WSFL - Day 20,21

I’m not gonna lie. Logging on just to write down the same stuff everyday is beginning to get tedious. But, it’s the final week.

Fridays’ workout went ok and I had to pack Saturday. So cardio was don’e yesterday. I’ve had no energy the last two days and havne’t been sleeping well. I’m not sure what’s going on but I need to figure it out.

I basically followed last week’s Saturday and Sunday nutrition menu. Sorry for not getting into detail, I’m just to dang lazy today.

WSFL - Day 22

We officially began the “Fitness Challenge” at work today. It’ll go through August and the winner will be determined by who lost the most % of bodyfat. So I guess I should lod my wiehgt and bodyfat since I didn’t get a chance last week.

Weight: 216 lbs. (-7) which avg. out to about 2.3 lbs/week
Bodyfat%: 19.9% (-3.1) approx. 1%/week

Food:

Breakfast: 4 oz. x-tra lean ground beef; 2 omega-3 eggs, 1/2 cup chopped tomato and onion, 4 tbsp. feta cheese

Snack: 1/2 cup hummus; 1 cup sliced cucumber; 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Lunch: 7 oz. grilled chicken; 1.5 cups chopped cucumber; 1/2 cup chopped tomato; 2 tsp. EVOO; 4 tbsp. feta cheese

Dinner: 1 HoneySuckle Turkey Sausage link; 2 cups steamed broccoli; 1 tsp. butter

Snack: 1.5 scoops whey protein; 18 almonds; 1 small gala apple

Workout:

Chest and Tri’s:

Incline Machine Press: 6 x 6 130),6(130),10(100),12(85),12(85)
BB Bench: 6 x 6(225),6(205),10(185),12(165),12(165)
Cable Crossover: 4 x 12 (50)
Bench Dip: 5 x 12 (BW)
Skullcrushers: 5 x 6(95),6(95),10(75),12(65),12(65)

Hey, Good work losing the fat. I really wanted to see you stick to the workout exactly to see what would happen. But you gotta listen to your body. Hope you keep losing. I wanted to buy this program but with two kids and my wife not working, I don’t have any extra money.

I’m trying to lose some fat too. I put a lot of weight on last year when my wife was pregnant and eating me out of house and home. Trying to get back into the habit of eating right is taking some work. I doing it the old fashion way. Eat less and move a hell of a lot.

Thanks for the kudos. I too am a lil’ disappointed that I couldn’t follow the training part of the program exactly but I’m basically satisfied with the fat loss. I don’t doubt that it would’ve been better had I been able to lift heavier in the squats and deadlifts.

Plus, my house “situation” has really reeked havoc on my daily schedule which is why my post haven’t been extremely detailed lately. I’ll follow the program again after a 4-week layoff (I’ll still be lifting and dieting but with more complex carbs). Hopefully after the steroid injection and some PT, I’ll be able to hit it harder.

Food: Exactly like day 17. (I decided to start using fitday.com to post my food intake. It takes less time and anyone who visits it can get an idea on the macro breakdown.)

Workout: Cardio; 45 min. walk on treadmill, 3.5 mph at 5% incline

WSFL -Day 24

Food: UNFAZED - free online diet and fitness journal

Workout: Didn’t make the time to hit the gym today. Dang it.

WSFL - Day 25

Food: UNFAZED - free online diet and fitness journal

Workout:

Shoulders - Standing DB Press: 6 x 6,6,10,12,12
BB Upright Row: 6 x 6,6,10,12,12
Rear-delt Machine Flye: 3 x 12
Calves - Leg Press Calf Raise: 2 x 12
Seated Calf Raise: 2 x 12
Core - Side Plank: 3 x 35s 9each side)
Reverse Hypers: 2 x 12

[quote]live_to_lift wrote:
WSFL - WEEK 2/Day 8

Food:

Breakfast: 2 oz. x-tra lean ground beef; 1/3 cup each onion and tomato; 1/2 cup feta cheese; 2 omega-3 eggs (I was supposed to used 3 eggwhites but they’re getting really expensive. So, I cut back from 4 to 2 oz. on the beef. Dang! This is my new favorite breakfast!)

[/quote]

Try using whole eggs and just separating the whites from them…it’s a lot easier on the wallet than buying eggbeaters kind of products

WSFL - Finish

Well, the program is officially over…for now.

I have to tell you. I’ve probably lost more weight over the last week than any time in my entire adult life! I finally got my house “situation” situated but dang it was stressful! I’ll be “homeless” for about 7-10 days depending on how fast I close on the new pad. I’m gonna do my best not to let this change my daily routine but I’m anticipating the reverse. The friends we’re staying with don’t exactly live the same as we do. I’ll be changing the focus of this log to reflect a “normal” diet and training pattern and have hinted to this in my latest workout logs.

Anyway, here’s the final, yet half-assed, result of the WSFL 28-day plan:

June 9, 2008
Beginning Weight: 223 lbs.
Ending Weight: 214 lbs. (-9 lbs.)
Beginning Bodyfat: 23%
Ending Bodyfat: 19% (-4%)
Beginning LBM: 171.7
Ending LBM: 173.3 (+1.6 lbs.)
Beginning Bodyfat: 51.29 lbs.
Ending Bodyfat: 40.66 (-10.63)

Not bad. I lost approximately 11 lbs. of bodyfat while gaining a just over a pound and a half of LBM. Since I know all of ths mean jack to this forum without pics, I’ll try to post them tonite, I’ll definately have it figured out prior to the next phase.

I’m having a hard time phasing carbs back into my diet. I had plenty of energy and felt way better while on the WSFL nutrition plan. If I had to label it, I think it is basically a mediterranean diet. I think I’m gonna get back to it. The added carbs are making me feel like crap!

Zach Thomas(NFL linebacker) opened a new gym here (Lubbock,TX) in Lubbock last weekend. (He played here at Texas Tech.) I decided to ditch the place I was training and head over there. I have nothing against kids and have a crumbpcruncher of my own but I don’t want to have to be dodging 'em while trying to get in a set of DB swings. Most of the gyms around here are “family-oriented” which means a pain in the @ss. It’s been fun being in a new environment and my workouts have been better than decent. The new gym has an actual reverse hyperextension so i won’t have to rig one up amymore! The general manager trained with Louie Simmons at WSBB and is a champion powerlifter, so I’ll be picking his brain for sure.

Beginning today, I’ll be starting Waterbury’s 8-week Summer Project http://www.T-Nation.com/article/bodybuilding/the_waterbury_summer_project&cr=
with the necessary adjustments being made to protect my lowerback. I’ll be phasing out the carbs meal-by-meal today to start “fresh” in the morning. I’ll post my beginning weight, bodyfat and workout results manana.

Waterbury’s 8-Week Summer Project (W8WSP)

Day 1:

Workout: (I’m actually starting on Day 3 of the workout schedule so i can stick to the rotation on my normal workouts days.)

Sets: 3
Reps: 12
Load: 14RM
Rest: 70s between pairings

A1: DB Romanion Deadlifts (I’ll be substituting with Reverse Hypers on this one)
A2: Situps (I’ll be subbing with Ab Wheel Rollouts)

B1: Incline DB Bench Press
B2: Standing Calf Raise

C1: DB Upright Rows
C2: Lunges

D1: DB External Rotations
D2: DB Pullovers

Stretching (Lazy Man’s Guide to Stretching)
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=215lazy2

You know…why do I take the time to log everything here everyday? I already log my food into fitday.com and, let’s be honest, no one gives a rat’s ass about my training. So…